This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Update issues with 2100, haven't updated since fall 2008

zug 80 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
I dusted off my 2100 and plugged it in for the first time since fall of 2008. I saw there was a software update (6.5.3), I did that today with no issues. Then I noticed there is a Q1-2010 US Map update available. So far I'm not able to download due to me never buying a FreshMaps subscription.

Can I update or not? Can you guys break it down for me and let me know what my options are? I've done as much research as I can at this point and I seem to be running in circles. I've been following the NAVIGON USA saga since last summer, when I looked to see if there were any updates. I gave up at that point and started using another brand. Now I see there may have been a map update last fall, and then this newest one. I'd really like to get it.

My device has been registered since 2008. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I wish I would have found this forum a long time ago. :D

Comments

• zug 80 Points
    Is going to a 3rd party and buying a FreshMaps 3yr update a viable option ?
  • zug 80 Points
    ok, snagged copy of FreshMaps last night. Vendor emailed activation key and serial # so I can activate now and not have to worry about waiting for package to get here. When I try to activate from Navigon Fresh, I get an error message saying site is down for maintenance or excessive traffic. :?

Managed to get on a while later, got update, downloaded and installed. Now I'm a happy camper. Too bad POI's haven't been updated in my area, but, as long as maps are current that is good enough for me!