This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

GPS reception problem with Navigon 2100

Frannyjunk 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
Hi, my gps is on the fritz. When I hit the navigation button, the following screen pops up. It used to go away after a minute or so, but now never gets beyond it.

"GPS reception is currently not sufficient. Navigation starts automatically as soon as GPS reception is OK again"

Can anybody please help? Thanks!

Comments

• Tim 1456 Points
    We have a page describing generic troubleshooting tips for that issue, Acquiring Satellites. Although it isn't specific to Navigon, something in there might help if it isn't a hardware issue.
  • Frannyjunk 0 Points
    We have a page describing generic troubleshooting tips for that issue, Acquiring Satellites. Although it isn't specific to Navigon, something in there might help if it isn't a hardware issue.
    Given that the GPS was working just fine a week ago in its ability to get a signal, I am guessing that the problem is not with the satelites moving. Any other thoughts?
  • Tim 1456 Points
    I am guessing that the problem is not with the satelites moving.
    I'm not sure what you mean by that... the satellites are always moving.
  • Frannyjunk 0 Points
    I am guessing that the problem is not with the satelites moving.

I'm not sure what you mean by that... the satellites are always moving.
    You're right. The link mentions something about not moving the GPS. However, I am not starting up a new system. My GPS was working fine just a week or so ago, then up pops this screen. Mod, would you know of a fix?
  • Tim 1456 Points
    It doesn't matter if it is a new device or not-- the same tips apply.
  • bigperk 0 Points
    Have you knocked or dropped it? It doesn't like that! Try a hard reset - that's got me out of this a couple of times.
  • I too have the 2100 and mine was doing the same thing aprox. two years ago and I took it back into Radioshack, and the guy just updated the maps. I am trying to do this now only I cant even get my GPS to register. I am going to bet that's all you need to do. If you figure out how to get it registered let me know please =)
  • i had this happen once after using a charger that was not oem. it corrupted a file and no longer would find sats. may be a similar problem. i reformated the card and restored a backup, problem fixed. hope this helps.
  • My 2100 worked fine for about 7 years. Now suddenly I got same problem, message "GPS reception is currently not sufficient. Navigation starts automatically as soon as GPS reception is OK again" never leaves the screen. I replaced the battery ($12 on ebay) - it did not help. Hit reset button - did not help. I did not feel like spending ~$70 for map update - I was ready to dump my unit. I think the main problem is - for some reason the unit can not catch satellite signal when you follow "proper" sequence. I experimented with it and now it works fine following this sequence: 1. start unit, 2. hit Show Map - wait 3-5 minutes until the unit catches satellite signal and starts showing your correct location on the map, 3. hit Back button, 4. enter your desired target location by entering address or choosing from My Destinations saved Favorites, 5. hit Start Navigation. Good luck.