This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

hash value error

Bobber 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
I have dsl and tried twice now to download the Q1-2010 Map update and both times I got the Hash error message, the download takes about 5 hours, what a bummer. Has anyone else had problems with the download or a fix. I have windows 7 and everthing is up to date on my computer. What I have found after googleing is that this seems to be a problem with the download itself?

Comments

• changers 0 Points
    were are you getting that from i dl the files dsl about 1 hr
  • Bobber 0 Points
    I would think the same place as you, Navigon Fresh thats on my laptop.I'm in the Madison,Wis area. You might be closer to the download location, I am assuming these downloads are coming from Germany. I download everything else just fine, just the downloads from Navigon and twice for the Hash error?
  • bigperk 0 Points
    When I download the big maps these days, I usually get an error message about not being able to "update the directory", either in the download or the installation stages, which I put down to a temporary timing glitch. I choose to restart and (after thinking about it for a LONG time!) the process gets going again and completes successfully.

Does your hash error abort the whole process, or leave you with a dialog box asking for a decision? I'm just wondering whether it's the same problem but with a different error message.
  • Bobber 0 Points
    It downloads the whole update and then at the end it says there is a hash value error and there is nothing else you can do, it just shuts down . I googled the words hash value and it says its a corrupted file from the source? Hope this is what you were asking about?
  • bigperk 0 Points
    Is the download still there after the hash error or does it start the whole download again?

The long download time (whyever that's happening) may be introducing transmission errors and corrupting the file. I can't remember if you get the option to download parts of the map - I think here in Europe we can download individual countries. If you can load separate states, it might be worth trying smaller downloads to see if that helps.
  • Bobber 0 Points
    bigperk
    Just a thought could there be a problem with my card, it did the same thing with Q4-2009 update and I just never updated it
    We took a trip to Lousianna and it worked perfect. So I guess thats why when I googled and it said it was a problem with the download I figured thats the problem and was hoping someone knew a fix.
    I tried the first time with the gps, the second time with just the sd card. 5 hours and then it doesn't install it on the gps unit. I wish there was a way to just download it to the laptop, so then I could download it to the sd card.
    If you understand this stuff I would appreciate the Help, I e-mailed Navigon and hope they have a fix for this.
  • Bobber 0 Points
    bigperk,
    No it starts downloading no problem, it just takes about 5 hours, then the window comes up that says hash value error and it shuts down. The download has fully downloaded 100% when it does the hash value error box and it stops the install and then I would have to start the download all over again. If I download any thing else it downloads really fast and always installs. I'm really lost about this situation.
  • bigperk 0 Points
    How big is your card? (See "NAVIGON released Q1/2010 USA Maps" thread)
  • Bobber 0 Points
    bigperk,
    I bought a 4gb micro sd card and I just switched back to the 1 that came with the unit. I think the problem is the 4gb card, it probably is not formated properly. I'm going to try to download again after i update the original cards software and see what happens. I'll let you know what happens tommorow, its 8:30pm here and I'm going to start the download in a bit. I'm up early in thye am around 6:00am will post what happened.
  • Bobber 0 Points
    bigperk,
    You won't beleive this story, I put the 2gb card and it said it was to small and not enough space. So I put the 4gb card back in and said this won't work!!! I put it in and started the download it download the whole thing this time in under 10mins its installing now and its taking longer to install than download but its working great. I feel like a nut about this, but if you were here you would just shake your head and then scratch it. It never showed and error message or anything, the download would not have worked on the 2gb card, the original anyways it turned out to be 2017.68gb
    I just wish I new why the problems with the 4gb card and the 5 hr download time and tonight 10 mins and downloaded. It almost seems like a computer nightmare. oh, well its fixed, I just backed it up, by the way where are you in europe? and thanks for replying.
    Bob
  • bigperk 0 Points
    Just 25 miles north of London in the UK. We don't do distances by the thousands over here!

Glad you are sorted - bl~~~y computers! :twisted: