This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

MN Software

Landon 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
Hello all!

Does anyone know where or what is LM Software?

I am trying to use the NAVIGON Fresh software to update software. When I try to use my external memory stick from Kingston, I am getting an error message:

"Please insert a card containing MN Software."

My SD Card was totally wiped out and I lost all my files in the SD Card. I am now trying to load back all the original files into the SD Card so my NAVIGON 2100 will work again. Since my SD card does not contain the MN Software, where do I go to get the MN Software? I have been trying to contact NAVIGON but nobody is there. Are they still in business??

I am just trying to get all the original files back into my SD Card so I can continue to update on the SD Card. I have until next year 2011 to continue with my FreshMap updates.

Thanks for any advice!!!!!!!

Comments

• Landon 0 Points
    What does not make since to me is why do you need to plug in the NAVIGON device in order to do an update?

They need to give the users an option whether to connect your NAVIGON or just download the software into your PC Hard drive. If they gave me the option to download the software directly into my Hard Drive, I would of NOT lost all my files in the SD Card.

The NAVIGON Fresh software which I am using to update my 2100 does not give me an option to download direct into my Hard Drive. It always ask me to connect the 2100 in order to do an update. Now that all my files are lost, I have no other option to download their software.
  • They do have it available to be installed on the memory card. You can download a zip file straight from their website and then unzip it on the SD card or you can insert your memory card and have the Fresh software update it. With the last option, you need to have some kind of previous version of the software installed. All of these work assuming you have a subscription service. And both ways will allow you to have a copy of the software on your HDD.
  • Landon 0 Points
    They do have it available to be installed on the memory card. You can download a zip file straight from their website and then unzip it on the SD card or you can insert your memory card and have the Fresh software update it. With the last option, you need to have some kind of previous version of the software installed. All of these work assuming you have a subscription service. And both ways will allow you to have a copy of the software on your HDD.
    xxhaimbondxx,

Thanks for your help. I don't know where to go in their website to unzip files to SD card. I have been using their downloaded software tools for my 2100. I have done it several times and it usually work but this time, it deleted all my files in the SD card. My subscription service will not end until next October. Can you please provide the link of their website which you are referring to?

Thanks!
  • do you have an account at navigon.com?

https://www.navigon.com/site/us/en/my_navigon/unauthorized

if so, log in and poke around. There isn't many places to go. Find a link "Other OS" in map updates. That will allow you to download map updates directly to your HDD.