This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

maestro 3200

appliancetech 0 Points
edited November -1 in Magellan Vehicle Forum
I recently bought a 3200 on ebay turns out it was a 3200c made for china magellan won't register it and the seller said bend over. any idea how I can update this I downloaded a torrent and tried to do it that way now its a brick. I called magellan and they told me I'm sol any help would be appreciated

Comments

• dhn 335 Points
    If yu paid by paypal or a credit card, contact them with a complaint.
  • I did that but it was 6 mos ago I bought it and didn't have a need for it until recently and found the maps were quite dated
  • patruns 10 Points
    Given the history, I would say you are indeed SOL. Sorry..... :(
  • I might be able to help you out, you can PM me if you are interested.
  • Maestro 3200; This navigator is not compatible with this unit.
    Please help.
    I had 3200c unit. It was working fine until I decide to update to firmware 4.72.
    I received the error " This navigator is not compatible with this unit".

The update had proceeded without errors. The unit rebooted a few times after the update. Now the th PC shows the message "Update was successful", but my unit is dead?
    I am able to see the files and folders via USB.

Any ideas how to ring it back to life?
  • GPS Will - Can you please send me a PM? I tried and since I'm a noob, it wouldn't let me. I have the same issue and was hoping you had firmware version 1.36/7.

Thanks!
  • g_p_s_will,

Please PM me with regard to 3200.

Thanks and kind regards
  • If anyone gets a solution, please post up. Thanks!
  • Correction; My unit is 3200C and not 3200.
    The unit was working fine.
    I tried to upgrade to 3200 software ver 4.72(firmware). What a mistake.
    It upgraded successfully.
    Now I get a message "This navigator is not compatible with this unit".

Magellan does not help. They claim it is a chinese unit with US maps.
    I purchased it from ebay long time ago.

My Possible Solution:
    Before throwing good money after bad, I seek advice.
    I intend to purchase a working 3200C unit and copy the files from the working unit to my dead unit.
    Will that work?
    If so, please help identify which files I would need.

What is the procedure to copy the files to dead unit?

Please help;
  • Imi - I was thinking of doing the same thing. I too want to know exactly what/how to copy.
  • patruns 10 Points
    Correction; My unit is 3200C and not 3200.
    The unit was working fine.
    I tried to upgrade to 3200 software ver 4.72(firmware). What a mistake.
    It upgraded successfully.
    Now I get a message "This navigator is not compatible with this unit".

Magellan does not help. They claim it is a chinese unit with US maps.
    I purchased it from ebay long time ago.

My Possible Solution:
    Before throwing good money after bad, I seek advice.
    I intend to purchase a working 3200C unit and copy the files from the working unit to my dead unit.
    Will that work?
    If so, please help identify which files I would need.

What is the procedure to copy the files to dead unit?

Please help;
    If you buy a working unit, why would you need to copy the files?

Assuming that you get past the id issue, we do not discuss pirating software and maps in this forum.
  • Piracy?
    Please educate me.
    I am not an attorney and would like to get your input.

If I buy a working 3200C unit then copy firmware to my "UPGRDADED" 3200C unit ( which died after the upgrade), is that piracy?

I do not intend to any thing illegal so your advise is sought.

Please advise.
  • patruns 10 Points
    Piracy?
    Please educate me.
    I am not an attorney and would like to get your input.

If I buy a working 3200C unit then copy firmware to my "UPGRDADED" 3200C unit ( which died after the upgrade), is that piracy?

I do not intend to any thing illegal so your advise is sought.

Please advise.
    As I originally asked, if you buy a working unit, why do you need to copy the info to the old unit? If you end up with 2 units with the same software & maps and license, it is considered software theft. Now, if you "fix" the original unit so that it contains it's original license and maps that is a whole different story. :wink:
  • Can you please advise how to "fix" my non-working 3200C which became non-operational after a "succesful" upgrade of 3200 firmware ver 4.72?
  • patruns 10 Points
    No, I really cannot. Magellan produced this for the China market. That is why they will not help you now. I don't know what you paid for it, but I would consider it a valuable lesson and not buy electronics from ebay again unless you are prepared to lose your money. And in defense of the original seller, you damaged it by trying to use the wrong upgrade. It's not the seller's problem either. Sorry, but those are the facts. :(
  • As long as the device is still working, you can unlock the device and use a 3rd party navigation software. They run Windows CE 5.0 and there are a lot of nav apps out there for it including some free ones. My favorite navigation software is iGO Primo from http://igomyway.com/ but you would have to check with them on a license to run it on your device.

What I assume is happening is the magellan navigation software is checking the model or serial number and that is why it's saying that its not compatible. A similar thing happens with the Maestro when you modify the rom, except that it deletes the serial completely and the original Magellan software will never run on it again, to me this was a huge improvement.

Best Regards
    GPS Will
  • GPS Will - Can you please send me a PM? I tried and since I'm a noob, it wouldn't let me. I have the same issue and was hoping you had firmware version 1.36/7.

Thanks!
    I just noticed this:
    'Sorry, we require minimum posting levels, membership duration, and posting quality before privileges for private messages are enabled.'
  • Thanks g_p_s_will,

Can you please post the procedure to install the third party software?

Kind regards
  • You will follow the directions on http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=120425&whichpage=7#900144

But I would replace /APP/Navigator.exe with the softbutton.exe and then copy all the files for primo(or whatever you want to use) and then edit unit.xml and startup.xml to refer to HDD/primo/primo.exe

This way, if the nav software will start up automatically, and if you exit the nav software you will get the original 'Magellan' settings screen, if you use the back button on the settings screen, it will give you softbutton.

Best Regards
    GPS Will

PS I would be willing to experiment with a 3200c if someone has a unusable unit and is willing to pay for shipping.
  • Thank you very much for your reply.

I am willing to pay for shipping to send you my 3200C.

In the meanwhile I have also purchased another working 3200C unit to help with any files which might be needed.

Please advise.
  • g_p_s_will 0 Points
    edited August 2010
    Edit: Sorry, won't link to that site again.
  • Dear Moderator/ Admin,

I am a newb and I have bricked my 3200C and need help.

Can you please allow me to PM to g_p_s_will ?

Or if you could allow the following to be appear in the reply??

Start: I am on skype with my user name. End

Thanks and kind regards
  • i have also just got a new brick is there anyway to fix it?