This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Updates for 1470 not working!

glennatheaxe 0 Points
edited November -1 in Magellan Vehicle Forum
I have tried to update the maps to version 39. The control manager update is fine, but I cannot get all the way through the updating--it stops at 1 minute remaining on the unpack and verify map screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the CM multiple times. No Joy! I was sent another site from which to get the files, but it turns out it was the OLD files. Great service--not!
Please help!
Glenna

Comments

• elvisfan 0 Points
    I installed with no problem. I don't know what to tell you. Except, make sure your unit is fully charged and wait a little longer at the end.
  • Thanks for the reply. I have reinstalled and uninstalled five times, waited over 10 hours the last time with a fully charged unit. I am sending the unit back for a replacement as now it is in the "please restart your unit for maximum performance" loop.
    glenna
  • freds 0 Points
    If you do a search on this forum you will find some people have problems installing 2.22 and some do not. My update worked with no problems. BUT, afterwards I found that the vehicle indicator lagged my actual position. I would be going down an off-ramp and the GPS would notify me to turn, the "ping" came after I was on the off-ramp, not before. The position marking is off so that I am past an intersection before the map shows me at the intersection. I did not notice this problem before upgrading to 2.22.

Magellan only says they will pass on the info to Engineering. This is part of the response I received:

I suggest you delete the old software from your computer, redownload it and install it in your unit again. Use XP SP2. Let us know if anything changes.

What I can do for you is have that forwarded to our Engineers so they can investigate if its a defect or was caused by the update. If that's the case, I'm sure they'll have a fix for that.

Another option that I can give you is to call our Technical Support Team. The number is 1-800-707-9971, from 6am to 5pm PST (Monday to Friday). Choose option 3 for technical support and follow the voice prompt for your unit. They can effectively assist you regarding your technical inquiries.

I don't use XP, on Windows 7, so not sure about that comment. I have an older 1470 as it does not have the 3-way switch. Only has an on-off switch.

The other things is that you are forced to us Content Manager for upgrades. You cannot re-download an update if you have already updated your GPS. Content Manager says there is no update for your unit.
  • i get a similar issue, i have tried several times to update to the 3.11 software on my 1470, and each time i do with the new content manager (which i hate, btw, id much rather download the update myself and install it the old fashioned way, ive even asked Magellan about it and they offer no help) but the update CTD's about 1/3 of the way through the actual software install after the unzipping. and to make matters worse, now all i get when i turn on the GPS is the magellan screen for a few seconds then it shows a screen of a computer and what i assume is the GPS unit linked by a USB cable...when i have it disconnected there is a red X in the GPS's screen on the picture. does anyone have any ideas or even better, know of a place i can download even older software just so i can get it running and try the update another way?

Sam
  • Contact Magellan and tell them you want the FTP sight. There is one available. It can get you back to 2.22 of the firmware. Be firm. The first person I spoke to told me no. The second person told me yes. You will install it the old fashion way.
    By the way, what version of Windows are you running? I had the same problem. The install would just stop. Same signs on the screen. If you install and have no voices. Just do the reinstall again.