This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Navigon 8100T: it will not power up

Galina 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
Hello,
I own my Navigon 8100t (SN 4451071121A) about 9 months and in overall it never has had decent performance :( and that is why we actually used the GPS may be for 7-8 times only,it was simply staying in our car plugged in.
Now it will only charge through the computer, it dies quickly, and does not seem to charge through the accessory plug. It does illuminate when plugged in. We are quite disappointed; we chose this model for all its listed features. Please advice:
- What might be the problem?
- Could it be returned back to be fixed? :oops: :oops:
Thanks in advance,
Galina

Comments

• Take a look at my post from last year, regarding the battery and charging port on my 8100T. You may find your answer there.

http://forums.gpsreview.net/discussion/14772/x/p1/

Good luck!
  • Hi Galina, if you never figure out what to do with this thing, send me an e-mail to xxhaimbondxx@aim.com. I would buy it from you. I love to play with these things. Thanks.
  • bigperk 0 Points
    Galina - go to Navigon's FaceBook page (via their website) and tell them about this. If you bought it new it should still be under guarantee. Their stuff is usually ok - you shouldn't be having these problems.
  • Galina 0 Points
    Thank you so much to everybody for help!! :roll: :roll:
  • home2000 0 Points
    This device is not working! I own one too--since 2009, and I have been frustrated and painful each time I look at the device. I spend $600 for the device with the hope that I got the best GPS but that did not fulfill my hope at all instead I had to spend further money to sent the device back and forth to Navigon for repairing but NAVIGON did nothing to fix the device and delay the process for the expiration.

It is no wonder that they are out of business in the USA, they need too. They are not good. DO NOT buy any products from them, they products are not as good as they advertise! My 8100T take 15 - 30 minutes to receive the Satellite, constantly freeze and pop-up the application error--even with the most up-to-date software version of 7.3.3. I can't count on it, except use as a toy.

Spend your money on Garmin, TomTom, or Magellan, these companies are much far better than NAVIGON.

I am so glad that NAVIGON is out GPS business and can't fool the american people anymore.