This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Finding an address with the 300

BRIAN 0 Points
edited November -1 in Magellan Vehicle Forum
My Roadmate 300 data base is missing many towns in my area, must be searched for useing Township of,. I live on LI NY and each township has as many as 20 different towns within it. This makes it almost impossible to look up an address unless you know the township, and many towns within that township have the same name streets. I also have a Meridian and that unit has no problem finding an address and does have all the towns listed. Tech support was of no help and there is no update available for the software. I deleated the map file from the program file in the roadmate manager software and replaced it with the map file from the meridian manager software (both are from Navteq) and now on my pc all the towns are in the roadmate manager and it works fine. However it will not upload to the 300 unit, it is looking for an unlock code and the one given by Magellan does not work. Any help would be greatly appretiated.

Comments

• Tim 1479 Points
    The RoadMate and Meridian might use different data formats which could prevent maps from working on the other device. What did Magellan suggest after the unlock code they provided didn't work?

It has been quite awhile since I used a 300 so I can't recall if I had any trouble finding cities like you did, but I'm doubtful that there is much you can do about it since it seems to be a problem with the underlying data set.
  • BRIAN 0 Points
    Thanks Tim. I contacted Magellan and they gave me four different unlock codes without success. I cant unlock the sd card or the unit. What puzzles me is that the program works fine on my pc in the Roadmate manager with ALL the cities and looks up any address I search. If the two programs I merged were incompatable it should not work even on my pc. Needless to say, I did not tell the support tech that I did this. More than half the towns in my area are not listed in the original 300's software. They are all lumped into single townships. Thanks again. Brian