This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

unlocking motonav with miopocket

keith590 0 Points
edited November -1 in Motorola MotoNav
anyone have any ideas on how to unlock my motonav tn765t with myopocket? i've looked throughout the internet and i haven't found any motonav specific instructions. thanx.

Comments

• Spyder63 331 Points
    It's been discussed a bit, but nobody has taken the plunge as far as I know. No specific instructions found either, so if you take the plunge let us know how it goes. :)
  • thanx spider. i now it uses a windowz based OS, so........ looking at the miopocket site you have to change the name of the install file for the nav to boot up off the sd card. i would like to try it, but each nav seems to have a different install name change. if i knew what to change the name to i would do it in a heartbeat.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    A couple months ago I tried an SD version of either MioPocket or one of Jerry's Skins by inserting it into the Moto and it did not work so as you say the .exe file needs to be just right. Moto did not even recognize the microSD card. One can only wonder what the purpose of the SD slot will be.

Moto does not use the same file structures as many CE devices. I have not found a single .xml file on it. I am not a programmer so I just grope around.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    @keith590 - Have you looked at http://www.maplorer.com/maplorer.html ? Specifically, MyBoot.
  • A couple months ago I tried an SD version of either MioPocket or one of Jerry's Skins by inserting it into the Moto and it did not work so as you say the .exe file needs to be just right. Moto did not even recognize the microSD card. One can only wonder what the purpose of the SD slot will be.

Moto does not use the same file structures as many CE devices. I have not found a single .xml file on it. I am not a programmer so I just grope around.
    I can only guess that the SD card would be for picture/music storage - perhaps to keep from cluttering up on board memory. I don't use my nav for either of those, so it's not a big deal to me.

I've been toying with the idea of running Mio, but I haven't had the time to get into it. Maybe later this week. I'll keep you posted.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    A couple day ago I tried MioPocket 4.0 Release 61 and still no luck. Only thing I accomplished was to get a WinCE message to Insert SD Card, but it did not recognize one when I inserted it. Actually you can see that message simply by renaming the motonav_pna.exe file to something else. It then implies it will actually look at the SD card for a boot file, but it doesn't. If one was to spend some time with name changes for the boot file it might work. I ran out of patience.

Got MP running on my Navigon 7200t though. Need to get some application paths set correctly then I can say it runs nicely. I would suggest running it off a minimum of a 4GB card.