This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Navigon at Walmart. . . Sort of

gatorguy 326 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
Looks like Navigon might be dipping a toe back into the US market. While not labeled as Navigon, the Expresso AG1 3.6" Automotive and Golf GPS has appeared at Walmart online, sporting software from Navigon. Includes a smallish 3.6" screen, full NA Navteq maps, Lane Assist, Trip mileage expense tracking, standard highway routing plus golf specific software. Really an odd but interesting little device. A bit unclear, but you might need to subcribe to iGolf to access it's full database of more than 32,500 courses worldwide. Aerial hole overviews, green measurements, distances to hazards, etc., score keeping and statistics are just some of the golf-specific features. Complete specs at:

http://tinyurl.com/26lob6w

Comments

• Spyder63 331 Points
    edited August 2010
    Well, look at that. Am I seeing an HD Radio logo on the initial screen???
    Not mentioned in the specs. Stereo speakers so it must be.

Edit - Nope, not HD radio. HD screen. The AG1 is equipped with a MobileHD™ screen. The bright 3.6” color LCD is nearly 6X the amount of pixels and twice the resolution of a standard GPS device and displays maps, movies and pictures beautifully on a 480X320 wide HVGA screen.

Check the product website at ExpressoGPS
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Also available on Amazon and Home Shopping Network for $249.95. Isn't this how Motonav line of PNDs got started?

The Expresso AG1 is powered by a 3X Tech rechargeable battery. Look at these claims:

Get in your car and drive! Travel for up to 500 miles or 6 to 7 hours of automotive navigation.

Unlike the standard smart phone the Expresso AG1 has you covered all the way thru the 18th hole with up to 7 – 8 hours of rangefinder GPS accuracy and performance.

...listen to the dual stereo speakers for 10 - 12 hours of worry free entertainment.
  • davelac 91 Points
    Now this looks interesting. Maybe it will help me from overhitting the greens.
  • I like how it combined the function of normal PND and golf range finder. It is the only rangefinder that I know of that can claim itself as a multi-media player. So, if you get bored at some point while you are traveling or playing, you can watch video or listen to music.
  • Uzm 0 Points
    It's about time, they "started" lauching this.
  • This unit will be available at Sears at the end of this month.