This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

MotoNav 765t device heats up

beaverdean 0 Points
edited November -1 in Motorola MotoNav
I received our MotoNav this past week; we are new to gps devices. I am concerned about how hot the device gets when turned on. This is greatest when plugged into a power source (worse in the car charger); almost too hot to touch. I wonder if we have a device with a battery problem. Has anyone else noticed this?
I was travelling with a friend last month with a Garmin and it seemed to have much longer battery life and was not hot to hold.
Thanks

Comments

• HI, I have noticed that it gets really hot as well as my co-worker who had chance of using TN765T. I was worried about it until I had it turned on for all day trip driving from Denver to Chicago. I have been using it for over 6 months, and it seems to work fine. Personally it is one of my favorite GPS unit as long as the map is up to date.
  • Yes, it definately DOES get warmer than other units. That seems to be the "norm" for the Motonav series of PND`s. An awful lot of users have noticed this trait, including me, especially during the initial charging of the unit. In the last 5-6 months tho, I`ve NEVER heard of one failing because of that fact, IMHO.