This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

TomTom 1.5 (iPhone)

navxguy 0 Points
edited November -1 in Smartphone Navigation
New version 1.5 released today

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tomtom-u-s-canada/id326075661?mt=8

Updates ...

1. Optimized for iPhone 4 (only) - high resolution graphics for retina display & sharper map image

2. Navigate to Photo - leverages geotagging (i assume) to navigate to photo location

3. New, Updated Maps - Nice!

AND, the traffic icon & functionality works again as originally designed, 'bout time : )

Very good update for TomTom.

Comments

• Yeah - works very nicely!
  • Have either of you chaps tried installing third party custom POI files to this new app as yet? It supports the ogg vorbis warning sounds, normal size icons and X2 icons for the warning top left:

Not too sure how many custom POI files the app will support as yet - Mike
  • i do not use custom POIs with this app; and i don't think the iPhone platform accepts them for now. cheers!
  • i don't think the iPhone platform accepts them for now. cheers!
    I can assure you the 1,5 app does support third part POI files as the screen shot shows, this doesn't involve Jail Breaking the iPhone - Mike
  • gatorguy 326 Points
    And PocketGPS is happy you found that Mike. Their iPhone speedcam app is much more usable now. Nice find!
  • my apologies. i didn't look close enough at what you were sharing/illustrating ... pls share how you did that? Thx!
  • pls share how you did that? Thx!
    Have a read Here it will work with ov2 POI files the same as used on any other TomTom product, getting the warnings working involves creating a MapSettings.cfg file on a PND then copying it to the correct location on the iPhone - Mike
  • Appreciate it. Thx!
  • Do the cameras only work for Europe versions? USA included?
  • Do the cameras only work for Europe versions? USA included?
    You can use the same technique to install third party POI files from any web site so if you have a set of speed camera files covering the USA install them in the same way I detailed and you will have warnings on your iPhone app - Mike