This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

magellan 1440 firmware download

buddyle 0 Points
edited November -1 in Magellan Vehicle Forum
anyone know where i can get a copy of the current firmware for this unit (magellan 1440) please? or shoot me a email at buddyle2002@hotmail.com. thanks.

Comments

• It is available for download through the Magellan content manager which you can download at the Magellan site. Here is the link http://support.magellangps.com/support/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=170&nav=0,2,16,19
  • I attempted to download but the load gets hung up at the last few bytes. I know it is likely simple. I turned off virus protection? Must be something else. Thoughts?
  • I still can not download the 2.42 from the web. The download is going well then near the end it stops and never finishes. I must be doing something wrong or my system will not let it finish. I sent Magellan a message but no response. I guess I will have to call.
  • I had the same issue with downloading the content manager. I called Magellan's support 800 number and was told to download the update to my PC. It downloads as a self installing application. Here is the URL for the download:

http://support.magellangps.com/support/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=170

When you double click on the file it will open and instruct you when to plug your GPS into the USB port. Once the update is completed you can get rid of the download.

I have to use my work PC to do this since Magellan does not support Macintosh. Also, I noticed that they have an update to the maps for 2010. They get $79 for this update. If you purchased your GPS within the last 30 days you can get it for free.
    I am not going update my maps since I can get a new GPS for about $30 to $40 more. One that talks to Macintosh and has free updates for the life of the unit.
  • My point is that the file does not download to my PC. It gets hung up during the download?