This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Magellan 6000T - Going to New Zealand

dktenor 0 Points
edited November -1 in Magellan Vehicle Forum
I'm going to New Zealand in April and wonder if anybody knows if maps are available for that country - and how to obtain/use.

(I've also e-mailed the rental company to see if they have something. If so, it might be cheaper than paying for maps if available.)

thanks.
doug

Comments

• Tim 1481 Points
    I think you are going to be out of luck finding New Zealand maps for your 6000T. While many GPS devices use maps from the same underlying suppliers, each manufacturer converts the data into their own formats for use on the device. Thus you would likely need to purchase the maps from Magellan.

Looking on Magellan's site, they cover North America and Europe fairly well, but little outside of those areas. The only third party product I see that is close is this one but it doesn't look like those would work for the RoadMate series.
  • Tim,
    Thanks for the reply. I found that site that you linked and, like you, think that this is not suitable for the 6000T. I believe that my best bet will be through the rental company. (I'll post any reply that I get).
  • No joy from the rental company. Sigh
    Guess I'll have to use old technolgy

Maps.

doug