This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Any mac supported topo maps for an explorists 400

randydan 0 Points
edited November -1 in Magellan Handheld Forum
I'm new here so bare with me. I have a explorists 400, for which I use for off road riding with the base map in CA on USGS forrest roads. It's not the best but it works for me. Since I bought it I have made the switch from windows to Mac, yeah I know why a Mac? I like Mac's ok. I'm wanting to get a topo map and does Magellan support Mac's? If not I can go and use a friends but would rather not.

Thanks Randy

Comments

• Boyd 1749 Points
    AFAIK, Magellan doesn't support the Mac with their "VantagePoint" software. You could always install Windows on your Mac.
  • Lumix TS2 0 Points
    the magellan website has a free download called "communicator for mac" see if it is what you need.
  • Boyd 1749 Points
    Thanks. Never heard of that before... Here's some info:

http://www.magellangps.com/Magellan-Communicator-for-Mac
    Create a direct connection between your web browser and your Magellan GPS receiver connected to computer via USB cable. Enables data transfer from Geocaching.com in GPX and LOC format. Compatible with a variety of web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Opera.
    So it looks like the only purpose of this software is the transfer of geocache data. It cannot transfer maps to the GPS, which is what the OP wanted (not to mention the fact that he wanted it 6 months ago :wink: )
  • Lumix TS2 0 Points
    just found this site and became a member, sorry about the time delay but i used to have a explorist 400 a few years back, loved it, now i have a 310 and there are no detailed maps available for it so i have come up with a temp. solution for this. if anyone want's to know i will post.