This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Update on support from Moto

chaimav 0 Points
edited November -1 in Motorola MotoNav
Moondog151 has pestered the folks at Motorola on behalf of all of us. Here is is his/her (sorry, don't want to offend) latest update as posted on the official forums https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/42041?tstart=0
I`m going to be walking a fine line here, on what I can share with everyone,and what I was asked, not to, at this point in time, however, here goes........

The information I have recieved from Moto in the last few days boils down to this........First, at the end of this year, Motorola Inc. is splitting into two companies. The first, will be Motorola Solutions, the other, will be Motorola Mobility. Because of this fact, there is a LOT going on right now at Motorola and the employees there are "doubling up" on thier primary job tasks and are being overwhelmed at this time.

Right at this point in time, no one is sure just WHICH of these two, new companies, will be handling the PND line. That decision, is yet to be made, however they hopefully, will have a designated area/link to which our improvement ideas and suggestions WILL be sent directly to the Developement team. From that point in time, the Developement team will consider our input and make a decision as to whether to implement them or not. The projected time developement, for this to be happening, should be by, the 2nd week in January, 2011.

2nd..........Motorola HQ`s just recieved a shipment of the TNXXX series of PND`s to which they are now distributing to various Motorola Experts there, so they can get "hands on" experiance with them. Since no Motorola Expert has yet to be assigned to the PND area, they WILL be monitoring our posts and concerns, as was evident last night, when AlphaDog chimed into the forums area here. I, personally think, that we will be seeing more Motorola Experts chiming into the forum area as time goes by, now, However, that is only my personal opinion. But, its more than coincidence, that a brand new (to us) MotoExpert suddenly chimed in.

The bottom line is, YES, Moto is now going to be working more with us PND users, as they have found out in the past, by workng with actual user`s on thier phone line of products, it is quite beneficial, for them, to go that "extra mile" and to work with, end user`s of thier products.

I`m hoping now, that there IS a possibility, to see that "light at the end of the tunnel" and hope this small tidbit of information helps qualm the fears that Motorola is totally ignoring the PND line, as they are surely not!!

If any current or new user`s have a major malfunction or problem with thier TN series PND`s, please let me know, and I will definately try to help out on that, but please save any "future improvements we wish to be made", until the middle of next month to which we (hopefully) will all have a direct link/department to submit THOSE to.........

Comments

• gatorguy 326 Points
    I wouldn't mind taking a look at the new Motorola PND's as they become available. I reviewed their 765 just before they became available to the public and was impressed with it. My concern since then has been the inconsistent support. If they have plans to improve it and recommit to the satnav market, I think they have a place in many potential buyer's automobiles.
  • @chaimav Of all the different brands I`ve had over the past 10 plus years, I DO feel that the Moto line of PND`s really fit, my particular needs, and that is the exact reason I`ve been trying to get things "on the ball" with them, as with just some slight software/firmware imporvemtn, I feel that they can be as close to "the king of the hill", as other brands that have been around for a longer time. Personally, I just feel that Moto is in its "infancy" with thier PND devices,(compared to other major brands) and hopefully, by the end user`s inputs to them, something will develope there.
    BTW.......yup, I am a guy....
    We can only hope on Moto`s commitments they say they are going to do, IMHO.........
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    @moondog - In re-reading your post about Moto's replies I paid more attention to the following:

2nd..........Motorola HQ`s just recieved a shipment of the TNXXX series of PND`s to which they are now distributing to various Motorola Experts there, so they can get "hands on" experiance with them. Since no Motorola Expert has yet to be assigned to the PND area, they WILL be monitoring our posts and concerns, as was evident last night, when AlphaDog chimed into the forums area here. I, personally think, that we will be seeing more Motorola Experts chiming into the forum area as time goes by, now, However, that is only my personal opinion. But, its more than coincidence, that a brand new (to us) MotoExpert suddenly chimed in.

Several months ago I inquired of Mark the mod in the Moto forums what it took to qualify as a MotoXpert and as I recall it was the number of posts in the forum + they would watch the quality of your assistance and knowledge. I think 300 posts was the magic number to meet before they would evaluate you seriously. Both you and I have reached that point (you now surpassing me you loquacious, erudite SOB :wink: :wink: ), but did you apply to be considered as a MotoXpert? I don't think I will be considered since I started to question their commitment to the PND line, so to speak. But, for them to bring in an "outsider", give him a TNXXX and hope he/she gets up to speed I think is a bit ludicrous and short sighted. Didn't Mark say he finally got a 5xx model a couple months ago and we almost never heard from him again other than the assist to Doppleganger. And he is a Moto employee. Time will tell if they even show up.
  • No Spyder, I did not consider applying to be a "MotoExpert", I just want some results from them, considering all of our concerns. Being a MotoExpert won`t make any difference in that respect, I feel.
    I know that Mark picked up a TNXXX unit, and a few weeks later, after he did that, I asked him how he liked it, however, I never heard back from him, mostly for the reason, he had only checked in at the forums area "over there", once in a great while when he had the time to do so.
    As far as other MotoExpers just recieving thier "field units" to use, and learn with, I totally agree that it definately IS both ludicrous and shortsighted. However, I took that info with a bit of encouragement that at least, they are taking this overdue step, and feel that shows some sign of future commitment for the rest of us.....
    Altho I have ample patience, my patience isn`t for waiting an eternity for some new maps, software/firmware updates and such. Thats why I spent the last two weeks trying to get something going on over there.....
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    First let me say thanks for all your effort in trying to get answers out of Moto and passing on the info.

Just noticed: (DEC 11) Motorola Owners’ Forum is currently undergoing an upgrade to improve site stability. We expect to be up and running again at 7 a.m. CST. We appreciate your patience while we improve our community.

Once again the MotoSpeak ambiguity rears its ugly head - I wonder what day/month/year the site will be back up at 7 AM CST. Past that time in my time zone already! :roll:
  • Yes, they are STILL down, even tho my "page" said they`d be up and running at 11 s.m. CST, and at this point, they are almost 3 hours"overdue".
    BTW....I`m not done pestering Moto.....last Thursday, I again, contacted Motorola about an ongoing problem we are all concerned with. Altho I can`t go into specifics at this point in time, I`m anxiously awaiting some kind of response, but with the holidays fast approaching, I doubt I`ll know anything any time soon.
    But rest assured, I am trying to get ALL of our major concerns addressed...just when/or IF, they address these items is yet to be seen.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    I also now see the site is supposed to be back by 11 am CST and it is now 2:40 PM CST and still down. Somebody isn't happy about having to work on a Saturday!!! :lol: This is going to screw up that Xmas party they are supposed to go to tonight. :roll:
  • They are now back up and running, (3:50 pm, Dec. 11). You`ll have to acknowledge a new "user`s agreement" so be prepared to see it there......