This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Magellan eXplorist 710

Tim 1459 Points
edited November -1 in Magellan Handheld Forum
I've got a Magellan eXplorist 710 in the house if anyone has any burning questions. More details to follow shortly, of course.

Comments

• zee 97 Points
    Tim,
    Good that you now have a 710, and thanks for the helper offer.

How far can one zoom in on the Map Page?
    Any decimals added to the DMS, or still 45 01 52 ?
    On the Waypoint Projection Page, does it show just the bearing, or are the min added? Re: 271 or 271.47 deg.
    Sat Page, how many WAAS slots/icons are shown? Transition time with 46 recently coming out of test and with 48 being put to sleep any day now. Wonder if the X10's will receive 46 without an "upgrade".
    Does it have a quad antenna?

Last is the hardest question, did they really get the User Grid to work. One has to set the unit up, in Trans Merc, as I described it in Discussions, page 2, and in the page 2 part of my post on User Grid, for Magellan receivers. Adds to my fun when the unit will display in grid feet, and centimeters is beyond "wow".

Thanks for answers for any of the above.
  • few questions Tim. do you have the USA topo installed (probably i don't think it comes with the Canada topo). how detailed is it compared to the earlier Magellen (200, 300, 400, 500, 500LE, 600) Mapsend.

i just got a 310 and i'm wondering if you found any issues i should know about (can't see many the 310 works great so far, but i haven't had it in the deep woods yet)

Thanks Tim
  • ozioziozi 0 Points
    hi, i just sold a 710 i bought at auction on ebay.
    It had world basemap & US city & summit series preloaded.
    The buyer didnt realise it had US summit and city series maps and wants to use australia summit series instead.
    Is it possible to use australia summit series maps on this unit? either from sd card or installing to built in memory?