This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Number of via points allowed in a route

This question has come up many times and I was never sure of the answer. While looking for something else at Garmin support, I stumbled across this recent FAQ.
How many via-points or stops can I add to my custom route on my nuvi series device that supports Multiple Point Routing?

11/23/2010

Up to 200 waypoints can be used when creating a custom route on your nuvi. However, this will depend on the length of the route. If you were to use 200 waypoints and the total distance was a few hundred miles, it is likely that this would be calculated properly. Due to memory constraints within the device, you may receive a route calculation error if you attempt to insert 200 waypoints into a route that is more then a few hundred miles. To avoid this possible issue, please break your single custom route into multiple routes.

Comments

• sussamb 813 Points
    Interesting ... tho my routes never have that many waypoints. I wonder what the 'memory constraints' are as I guess it would vary depending on the model, which would presumably vary the number of waypoints versus length of route?? The fact that the reply says 'likely' and 'may' indicates it's not an exact science, even within Garmin. I do know that when I've been planning routes over around 150 miles the calculation can be quite slow, but my 1490 has always got there in the end :D
  • Boyd 1985 Points
    The nuvi's cannot import tracks like handheld gpses, even though they record and display your current track. So some people use software to convert their tracks to routes and import them on the Nuvi.

This is where the number of via points becomes very significant. Tracks can have up to 10,000 points, but routes are much more limited. That's often why these limits have been discussed in the past.
  • sussamb 813 Points
    Yep, I can see that being a problem. From Garmin's reply it's obviously not a fixed number that we can rely on, just perhaps a guide that may/may not help understand what's going on in some circumstances. Useful info tho ...
  • just a minute here !! advertisements before I bought my Zumo 350 says it holds 1,000 waypoints !!

I would never have bought a GPS that only holds 200 waypoints because I ride cross-country for 30 to 60 days at a time - each day with a dozen waypoints.
    AND
    not one of my days is as short as 200 miles !!

does this FAQ mean it hold 5 routes of 200 waypoints each ??

I just bought this 350 - does this mean I should send it back ??
  • t923347 432 Points
    You do realize your ready a thread that hasn't had a post in it for over 3 years?

The Zumo 350 will store 1000 saved Waypoints/favorites/locations, as will most all of the current Nuvi and Zumo models.

How many of those 1000 you could use in any given route I don't know because I'd never build a route with more than a few waypoints in it.
  • privet01 215 Points
    You can create and store a 1000 waypoints. Doesn't mean you can use all of them in the creation of a route.
  • are you guys all apologists for Garmin ? or what ?

Every summer I ride 5 or 10,000 miles cross-country, camping & cooking, on my bike for 30 or 40 days.

Are you telling me my Zumo 350 either WILL or NOT work ?

A typical day would be 300 miles (250 to 400) with a dozen stops (for gas, visit cool things, see parks and museums, etc) and maybe another dozen vias to force route to small back roads that I prefer.

Obviously 1,000 waypoints is not going to work ? right ?

My zumo 350 with take a microSD card - max 8GB. Does this solve my problem??

thanks, Bob
  • privet01 215 Points
    Why do you think we are saying the zumo won't work? I think you are confusing the issue of the original post which to my understanding talked about how many user defined points could be used to shape a route.

Not how many user defined points can be named and stored on the device as you are quoting with the 1000 waypoints. I have courses I've made that go six hundred or more miles, but I only use about a dozen maybe two dozen 'user defined' points to shape them.
  • To summarize what I think you guys have said::

Any given ROUTE has a practical max which is a combination of miles and waypoints. No firm calculation here but roughly:: 200 miles X 200 waypoints is limit (or approx. 40,000 thingies).

Zumo 350 will store 1,000 waypoints.

( no information on how many Routes Zumo 350 can store ?? I assume every Route stored uses the same memory space as waypoints ??)

IF I ADD an SD card with say 8GB of storage ??
    Does that mean that::
    ? I can now store a bazillion waypoints ?
    ? I can now store 60 routes each with approx. 24 waypoints ?

That would give me one route per day on my next 60 day cross-country ride. A typical day would be 300 miles and a couple dozen waypoints.

Some days, of course, could be less and others more. Which raises my follow on question::

? if I happen to create a Route that exceeds the practical max (for example, I do an Iron-Butt Rally which is 1,000 miles with 40 waypoints which is 40,000 thingies) - will BaseCamp fail to ReCalculate ? or Zumo 350 let me know somehow that it will not compute ??
  • Boyd 1985 Points
    Every summer I ride 5 or 10,000 miles cross-country, camping & cooking, on my bike for 30 or 40 days.

Obviously 1,000 waypoints is not going to work ? right ?
    Wrong. You are comparing apples and oranges. But let's just look at your math first. Each day you use about 12 vias (not waypoints) for stops and 12 more to shape the route. Total=24. You spend 30 to 40 days like this, therefore the total need for vias would be between 720 and 960. That is still less than 1000. These are your numbers, not mine.

But privet01 has nailed the real problem. You're comparing the spec for the total number of locations you can save (waypoints) with the limit on vias in a route. Two completely different things.

As for whether the zumo can do what you want, no clue. I understand the appeal of hitting the road and seeing the country, but what you describe would be more like "punishment" for me instead of "fun". :D
  • privet01 215 Points
    Also note that t923347's response to your initial post pointed out that you are using a roughly four year old post.

During this time, the limitations may have changed.

But again I think by tagging on to this post, you've set up a situation that probably has us all confused as to what your point is or what you may be asking.
  • t923347 432 Points
    There is no such thing as a "practical max" combination of miles and waypoints in any route, other than it could have so many points and be so long that the GPS would run out of useable internal memory attempting to calculate the route to so many places over such a long distance.

Miles and waypoints don't have anything to do with each other, at least in the way that I think you are looking at the situation. You can create a route thousands of miles long with up to 200 waypoints in that route. That's assuming that the 200 waypoint limit is still applicable or was ever applicable to routes created for the Zumo.

The Zumo can store 1000 waypoints/Favorites. I know of no limit of how many routes could be stored, other than the available storage space on the unit. The maximum number of waypoints limit and the maximum number of routes limit (if one even exists) really have nothing to do with each other.

Adding an SD card will do nothing for the 1000 waypoint limit. The GPS will only use the waypoints stored in the current.gpx file on the device to a maximum of 1000. I suppose you could create various GPX files that by a series of waypoint deletions on the unit, file renames and copies from the SD card to the unit, would result in you being able to have any number of waypoints but no matter what you do only 1000 will ever be able to go on the Zumo and be usable at any one time.

Neither Basecamp or the Zumo should have a problem with a single route of 1000 miles in length and containing 40 waypoints. It's not 40000 "thingies", it's a route with 40 "thingies" and a 1000 miles from the start of the route to the end of the route.

As has been pointed out, you've got apples and oranges combined here. IMHO you'd get the idea of how this all works if you'd spend some time with Basecamp creating a route (the Iron-Butt Rally would be a good start) instead of trying to visualize the process.
  • I started with the quote below - from (apparently) an official Garmin FAQ:

If you will read it again you will see what I referred to as a Practical Limit:: FAQ says 200 waypoints and route of more than a few hundred miles will likely receive a route calculation error.

As the FAQ says "due to memory constraints within the device."

So questions arise from there::
    ? storing Routes in device memory will lower this Practical Limit ?
    ? adding microSD card will raise this Practical Limit ?

There are lots of ways the Garmin engineers could have designed memory allocation and file swapping in/out of memory. So I can not guess the answers to my questions - it just depends on how a Zumo 350 actually works. I was hoping you guys knew.

For example:: Routes could be stored on SD card and not take any memory away from Waypoint Table. Or, Waypoint Table could overflow to SD card and I could have 10,000 instead of 1,000.

I suspect the reason the Practical Limit is an approximate is because the number of turns for a 300 mile route could be quite different for Interstates versus back country roads. Each turn is presumably stored in device memory when route is calculated. So a 600 mile route with only 50 turns and 10 waypoints would have lots of working memory available for calculation. Whereas, a 300 mile route with 700 turns and 24 waypoints, could run out of working memory - yielding a "route calculation error."

(When I referred to "thingies" previously is was the combination of waypoints, turns, labels, voice prompts, and whatever else Garmin pulls into memory during a route calculation.)

Anyway, I was just hoping you guys knew how these devices actually work.
    This question has come up many times and I was never sure of the answer. While looking for something else at Garmin support, I stumbled across this recent FAQ.
    How many via-points or stops can I add to my custom route on my nuvi series device that supports Multiple Point Routing?

11/23/2010

Up to 200 waypoints can be used when creating a custom route on your nuvi. However, this will depend on the length of the route. If you were to use 200 waypoints and the total distance was a few hundred miles, it is likely that this would be calculated properly. Due to memory constraints within the device, you may receive a route calculation error if you attempt to insert 200 waypoints into a route that is more then a few hundred miles. To avoid this possible issue, please break your single custom route into multiple routes.
  • Boyd 1985 Points
    I would take that FAQ as largely irrelevant these days, since Garmin has switched from routes to "trips" and the two are completely different. Also note that the FAQ is talking about the Nuvi, not the Zumo which has always been different in many ways.

Based on what you said earlier, I don't see why you would need 200 via points in a route. You can just use Garmin's own suggestion and break the trip into separate, less complex routes. This is one of the things that the "Trip Planner" now allows. "Trips" are collections of shorter "routes." Not being familiar with the Zumo, I don't know if this applies.

In addition to confusing vias and waypoints, I think you're also confusing RAM with Mass Storage. We use the term "memory" very loosely in discussion of the nuvi. Generally we are talking about mass storage though - the equivalent of the hard disk on your computer.

The problem with route calculation overflow is related to the high speed RAM in the Nuvi that's used to crunch numbers, like the SIMM or DIMM memory chips in your computer. An SD card inserted into the nuvi has nothing to do with this. Storing the route requires a tiny amount of space. It's just a list of coordinates of the via points.

Calculating a route requires a lot of RAM to evaluate all the possibilities. The nufi has a tiny amount of RAM and a wimpy little processor. It's easy to stress it to the breaking point. I really don't think it does "swapping" or "paging" like a full computer operating system. If it did, that would really get slow.
  • alanb 539 Points
    Good explanation Boyd, I don't have much to add to this discussion except to say that the 1000 waypoint limit can be addressed with custom POI's instead of waypoints. But I thnk the real routing limitations are in the processing and RAM constraints as described by Boyd.
  • FYI::

1) My Zumo 350 does not have "trips" as distinct from "routes" as perhaps your nuvi does. Trip Planner does enable pre-planned routes stored on the device. I will pre-plan these routes in BaseCamp and Send to Device.

2) I find absolutely NO difference between Via and Waypoint in Zumo or BaseCamp. In fact, everything is a Waypoint. DeLorme (my previous products) treat Via and Stops very differently. But Zumo and BaseCamp make no distinction between Via, Waypoint and Stop - they are all the same - simply Waypoints.

Back to Q&A::

So the Practical Limit of Waypoints and Miles is a RAM limit for calculations - not a mass storage issue. Good - one issue done.

And I can certainly break my 60 day ride into 60 one-day routes - so no individual route will have too many waypoints or miles to stress the RAM limit calculations.

And, I assume, my 60 routes will easily fit on an 8GB SD card. ? is that right ? will fit and Zumo will track GPS routes from SD (or load from SD into RAM for GPS tracking) ? ie, SD is not just for storing pictures and other junk ?

So, lets return to 1,000 Waypoint max. If I have 60 individual routes and each route averages 20 waypoints, that is = 1,200 waypoints.

?? is this a problem for me ??

When I Send 60 routes to 350 device (from BaseCamp) the WAYPOINTS are saved in ? RAM or ? internal Mass Storage or ? SD Mass Storage.

? are they saved 20 at a time with route or ? all into one Waypoint Table

? what if I travel for 30 days on one SD card and then swap another SD card for last 30 days ? does this get around my 1,000 waypoint limit ?

thanks again, Bob
  • Boyd 1985 Points
    I think you still don't understand. A waypoint is a location that you save. It CAN be used in a route but does not HAVE to be in a route. Consider these two examples.

1) You want to stop at Joe's Diner, so you find its location and save it as a waypoint. Now you create a route and insert that waypoint into it. You have now used one of your 1000 waypoints.

2) You want to stop at Joe's Diner, so you jump right in and create a route. You do a search and find Joe's Diner and add it to the route. You have not used any waypoints in this scenario. You have just inserted a via into the route.

You don't need a SD card to store routes. They use a tiny amount of memory. The 60 routes in your example might take one or two megabytes to store, maybe even less.

The SD card would be useful to install additional maps, which can get into several gigabytes of storage.
  • Terminology "fix" >> on my Zumo 350 what we are discussing as the 1,000 waypoint limit >> they are stored under the Icon for Favorites ? right ?

To test your comments below (which I hope are true), I did the following::

I went into my Zumo 350 and DELETED ALL ROUTES and WAYPOINTS.
    On my Zumo I went to "Where To?" then Favorites and deleted all.
    Then Settings / Travel Planner and deleted each route.
    So, I believe, now my Zumo has Zero waypoints and Zero routes.

Then I brought up BaseCamp on my laptop and created 2 new waypoints (BB & PU) and a new route with Home twice (start and end) plus 3 pre-existing waypoints plus the 2 new ones.

Then I Deleted the 2 new waypoints (BB &PU) from the list of waypoints in the left column of BaseCamp; then ReCalculated the route. Sure enough, the route still had the 2 new waypoints BB & PU (which I hope are now Vias in your terminology)

Then I Send Selection (new route only) to Device, and the result on 350 is::
    one and only route is as it should be - waypoints, map, directions, etc
    however
    in Favorites are ALL of the waypoints in my test route (including the 2 new BB & PU which, if they are Vias should not be there).

I think I followed your scenario #2 below, but my 2 Joe's Diners (BB &PU) both showed up in my Favorites - hence - count in 1,000 waypoint limit ??
    I think you still don't understand. A waypoint is a location that you save. It CAN be used in a route but does not HAVE to be in a route. Consider these two examples.

1) You want to stop at Joe's Diner, so you find its location and save it as a waypoint. Now you create a route and insert that waypoint into it. You have now used one of your 1000 waypoints.

2) You want to stop at Joe's Diner, so you jump right in and create a route. You do a search and find Joe's Diner and add it to the route. You have not used any waypoints in this scenario. You have just inserted a via into the route.

You don't need a SD card to store routes. They use a tiny amount of memory. The 60 routes in your example might take one or two megabytes to store, maybe even less.

The SD card would be useful to install additional maps, which can get into several gigabytes of storage.
  • alanb 539 Points
    When you transfer waypoints from Basecamp or another PC program, it creates a .gpx file in your zumo that gets automatically imported into Favorites the first time you boot. If you then delete these Favorites on the zumo, but haven't yet deleted the .gpx file used for the transfer, the same waypoints will again be imported the next time you boot.

So after you transfer waypoints from a PC program, it is a good idea to delete the .gpx file on your zumo, so if you decide to delete them on the zumo, they won't be inadvertently imported again.

Is there a chance this explains what you have observed?
  • So this distinction you were making before between Waypoints and Vias is NOT relevant when Route is planned in BaseCamp? As all waypoints in Route become Favorites in Zumo 350 whether or not they are "vias" or deleted from BaseCamp ? right ?

So all my waypoints on all my 60 routes will become Favorites in Zumo and will count in my 1,000 limit. But once they are stored in the Zumo, I could delete those that I don't really need from Favorites (because they are Vias just used to keep route on little back roads that I want) and thus deduct them from my 1,000 limit ?

If this is right, then, if I understand you correctly, the proper sequence would be::
    1) make Routes in BaseCamp on laptop
    2) plug zumo into laptop
    3) use BaseCamp to Send Routes to Device
    4) unplug zumo from laptop
    5) wake zumo up (you said boot but I am assuming you did not mean hard boot - rather just awake) ? if this is not right, please let me know
    6) upon awakening zumo will import ALL waypoints from .gpx file into Favorites
    7) then I go into Favorites and delete those Vias I do not want
    8) plug zumo into laptop again
    9) use windows File Manager to delete .gpx file from zumo
    ?? is this right ??

?? and a confusion ??
    I deleted all Favorites and Routes again. Sent one Route from BaseCamp to Zumo. All waypoints show as Favorites and Route directions are good.
    THEN
    I deleted several Favorites and plugged zumo into laptop again
    THEN
    windows File Manager and within GPX Folder were 3 files::
    Current.gpx
    Position.gpx
    temp.gpx
    WHICH would I delete to prevent all Favorites from reappearing after next awake?
    It looks like if I delete the Current or Position that ALL Favorites will be gone - the waypoints I want and the vias I do not want.

the reason I wonder if things are getting better or worse is volume of labor
    with 60 routes
    each with 12 waypoints I want to keep
    that is only 720 Favorites - hence - below 1,000 limit
    so that is good
    BUT
    60 routes with 12 Vias that I do not want and have to delete
    that is 720 Favorites that I have to find and delete
    ? right ?

thanks again, Bob
    When you transfer waypoints from Basecamp or another PC program, it creates a .gpx file in your zumo that gets automatically imported into Favorites the first time you boot. If you then delete these Favorites on the zumo, but haven't yet deleted the .gpx file used for the transfer, the same waypoints will again be imported the next time you boot.

So after you transfer waypoints from a PC program, it is a good idea to delete the .gpx file on your zumo, so if you decide to delete them on the zumo, they won't be inadvertently imported again.

Is there a chance this explains what you have observed?
  • sussamb 813 Points
    All those gpx files could be deleted without issue, position.gpx is the last position when you disconnected your GPS from it's cradle, it's known as 'Last spot' on my nuvi, may be called something different on the zumo. current.gpx is a one way copy of the user data on your zumo, you can delete it and your zumo will rewrite it when it boots (switched on) again.

temp.gpx though is the file alan was referring to. It's that file that is created by Basecamp and sent to your zumo. It's merged when your zumo boots with the data it already has, then it rewites current.gpx so that it contains what was on your zumo and what is in temp.gpx. If you don't delete it and then delete any data it contains using your zumo that data will simply be reimported from temp.gpx next time you boot.
  • sussamb 813 Points
    So this distinction you were making before between Waypoints and Vias is NOT relevant when Route is planned in BaseCamp? As all waypoints in Route become Favorites in Zumo 350 whether or not they are "vias" or deleted from BaseCamp ? right ?
    That's not my experience, although I don't have a zumo. A route planned in Basecamp is sent as a route and individual favourites aren't created from the individual points along that route, whatever you wish to call them.

It's quite possible the zumo does things differently. It's also possible that you're not sending just the route from Basecamp. Ensure ONLY the route is highlighted in the left hand lower pane, right click it and select Send to.
  • Boyd 1985 Points
    Alan is correct, if you do not delete basecamp's file (temp.gpx), then those waypoints will keep coming back forever.

The other issue is that I think Basecamp creates waypoints (favorites) automatically if they are used in a route. I don't use basecamp for route planning, so I am not 100% sure though. However I believe this is relatively new behavior in Basecamp, something that the developers added during the cycle of updates.

Try using Mapsource, Garmin's older program. I don't think it will create waypoints (favorites) just because they are used in a route. I know that many riders still prefer Mapsource over Basecamp.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=209
  • sussamb 813 Points

The other issue is that I think Basecamp creates waypoints (favorites) automatically if they are used in a route. I don't use basecamp for route planning, so I am not 100% sure though. However I believe this is relatively new behavior in Basecamp, something that the developers added during the cycle of updates.
    If you create a route in Basecamp then any via points you create 'on the fly' as you click on the map to create a route aren't turned in waypoints. They remain simply as via points in the route itself. They will be announced as you visit them. You can however set them as shaping points, then on the 2013 models they won't be announced nor do you have to pass through them.

Sending a route to my nuvi 2508 doesn't create additional favourites either, so either the zumo handles it differently or DrAlloway is sending favorites that he's created along with his route.
  • privet01 215 Points

the reason I wonder if things are getting better or worse is volume of labor
    with 60 routes
    each with 12 waypoints I want to keep
    that is only 720 Favorites - hence - below 1,000 limit
    so that is good
    BUT
    60 routes with 12 Vias that I do not want and have to delete
    that is 720 Favorites that I have to find and delete
    ? right ?
    You seem to be caught up in a misunderstanding and misapplication of what the 1000 waypoint limit means. The 1000 limit AFAIK is how many locations you can specifically name and save as "favorites" so you can quickly find and use them again. The limit is just strictly how many you can name and save. If you create routes with them, that does not have anything to do with the 1000 waypoint limit.

You don't even have to use any of your user defined waypoints to shape your route. The via points, shaping points, or whatever is used to give you the route you want do not count against the 1000 waypoint limit. Only points you specifically name and tell the unit to store as a favorite count against the 1000. If those named points show up multiple times in multiple course/routes, it does not matter. For the pupose of the 1000, it's not how many times you use them, it is only how many times you named them.
  • The "User Manuals" in both Zumo and BC are worthless.
    But your help and trial and error has resulted in a workable process regarding waypoints and Favorites.

1) I need to have some waypoints appear in Favorites that are not on my Route (such as backup campground in case planned one is full.)

2) I need to have some waypoints (really Vias) not appear in Favorites so I do not exceed 1,000 waypoint limit one my long rides.

This process achieves both::

List Folder = Test Route
    List = Happy Route

Waypoints created in BC:
    in List = Happy Route
    Start
    On Route NOT List
    On Route IN List
    Off Route IN List
    End

note that List = Happy Route has in it the Route named
    Start to End

This is how Zumo 350 actually works:

Send To device :: List = Happy Route
    results
    a) ALL waypoints (and Vias) in Route are Sent To Zumo into Apps / Trip Planner - so the Route is as it should be

b) ALL waypoints that are in List = Happy Route are Sent To Zumo into Where To? / Favorites (and count in the 1,000 limit)

c) waypoints (Vias) that are NOT in List = Happy Route are NOT Sent To Zumo as Favorites (so they do not count in 1,000 limit)

In other words, a Via is created by being In Route but Not List. (I did a PDF search for word "Via" in both Zumo and BC "User Manuals" and got no hit.)

Thusly, Route waypoints are converted to Vias and do not appear in Favorites AND conversely points that are Not on Route do appear as Favorites.
  • sussamb 813 Points
    I think that's what I said :?

You could though have them in the same list if you wish, and send routes and favourites together, I do it all the time that way :wink:
  • I think that's what I said :?
    Right ! this is actually crashingly simple :: a Via is a Waypoint that has been deleted from List - hence, not sent to Zumo as Favorite.

However, to a novice with Zumo & BC (like me) this is not obvious and lacking a real User Manual there is a mystery of terminology. For example, when you said "not saved as Favorite" and I checked what happened when List is sent (all are saved as Favorites) it seemed you were wrong. I never deleted a waypoint from List (assuming it would thus be deleted from Route). And, so around the merry-go-round again - reinventing by trial and error our missing User Manual.

anyway, problem solved, thanks again, Bob
  • sussamb 813 Points
    Yes, it takes a while to get the hang of Basecamp :)

There are some tutorials here if you need them, although they tend to be slightly behind the power curve ... so often aren't the same version as the one on your PC :wink:

http://www8.garmin.com/learningcenter/training/basecamp/
  • sussamb 813 Points
    edited April 2014
    Came across this when I was answering a query over at the Garmin forums. It's an update on what Boyd posted earlier from Garmin's knowledge base. It now includes details on trip planner and may be useful for some:

Many of Garmin's automotive products allow you to create a multiple-point route. This function allows you to route from point to point without having to enter a new destination after each stop.

All compatible nuvi, LIVE, zumo, Camper/RV, and dezl devices have a limit on the number of waypoints you can enter within each route.

For older devices that use the standard Routes tool, the limit is 200 waypoints.

For newer devices that use the Trip Planner tool or app, the limit is 30 waypoints.

To determine whether your device uses Routes or Trip Planner, touch the Tools, Settings, or Apps button from the main menu. The tool your devices uses should be listed here.

If the number of waypoints you want on your route exceeds that device's limitation, it is recommended that you create a separate route or trip for each leg. For example, if you are traveling across the country over several days, it is recommended that you create a separate route for each day.

Last modified on: 04/08/2014

• Boyd 1985 Points
    Wow, 30 waypoints isn't very many.
  • sussamb 813 Points
    No, 30 isn't a lot although I've never come close to needing that many in a trip. The upside is that the 2013 and later nuvi models that use trip planner will accept do not alert/shaping points from Basecamp, and they don't count as waypoints. What's not so good is that you can't set waypoints on the nuvi itself as 'do not alert', that I think would be useful.
  • truckinguy 115 Points
    When you say 2013 does that go for models that came out in 2012 and are currently still made by Garmin? Like the Dezl? or is that for models that came out in 2013 like the 2797 I believe.
  • sussamb 813 Points
    No, models that were introduced in 2013 ...
  • Boyd 1985 Points
    Looking at it in a different light, you could say that the older trip-planner based devices allow zero vias. These units treat trips as a collection of simple routes with only start and end points and you cannot view the entire trip, only the segment that you're currently navigating.