This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Motorola MotoNav TN765T Skin

Comments

• Every member can receive PMs, only some members can send.

Looks like I'm a non-sender. If you're a non-sender, too, Thunderlizard, just send me your e-mail address via PM on the Motorola support forum. It's been pretty slow over there lately, anyway.

Also, I'm assuming I can still send an 11Mb file via Gmail. I think I did this very thing a few weeks back for someone else. Your e-mail service needs to support files this size, obviously. (And any e-mail service that doesn't isn't worth its salt, since an 11Mb file ain't nothin' anymore.)
    Hey Dhave~

Trying to send you a PM on the moto site - very slow! I've been out of the office for a couple of hours - sorry for the delayed response.
  • dhave 0 Points
    If anybody wants the DATA.zip that I made from Ramrod's work, here's a download link (courtesy of Thunderlizard):

http://www.easy-share.com/1913691279/DATA_dh01.zip

This has the current speed at the upper right. Note that the speed display disappears when the left panel appears.

If anybody figures out how to lock the speed display so that it remains all the time, please post your work. Thanks.
  • If anybody wants the DATA.zip that I made from Ramrod's work, here's a download link (courtesy of Thunderlizard):

http://www.easy-share.com/1913691279/DATA_dh01.zip

This has the current speed at the upper right. Note that the speed display disappears when the left panel appears.

If anybody figures out how to lock the speed display so that it remains all the time, please post your work. Thanks.
    Bravo! Thanks Brother!
  • ok, since were tweeking code, we realy need to do something about Samantha (TTL) she sounds like my mother in law, quick to bitch at me for going 1 mph over the speed limit, lol. I think she is a heavy drinker too, for the love of God what does "rurchering calculation mean?"
    this girl needs to speak english lol
    My Lady says route recalculation. I think that girl you have is hitting the bottle pretty hard and probably smoking Loco Weed also.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    My Samantha says "Sweetheart, are you lost?" instead of "recalculating", but, oh wait! That's on my Garmins courtesy of TurboCCC. :roll: :wink: Or is it Jill, or Aussie Karen :?: :twisted:
  • well, all that matters is that it gets you where you want to be in a 7" screen!!!! :lol:
  • has anyone noticed their directional arrow in the upper right corner (ver 5+ i think) is incorrect? when i am not navigating it stays on "N" and when i am, it's wrong.

or am i the only one?

My (directionless) Camel
  • has anyone noticed their directional arrow in the upper right corner (ver 5+ i think) is incorrect? when i am not navigating it stays on "N" and when i am, it's wrong.

or am i the only one?

My (directionless) Camel
    When moving over 5mph the N symbol should go away and the arrow should point toward your destination. If you view nearby poi's it should point to the direction they are in relation to the direction you are headed. Mine works.

Did you get your 2D triangle back?

Ramrod
  • When moving over 5mph the N symbol should go away and the arrow should point toward your destination. If you view nearby poi's it should point to the direction they are in relation to the direction you are headed. Mine works.

Did you get your 2D triangle back?

Ah So Glasshoppa! that splains the arrow always pointing toward my destination. i thought it was a compass, copying the compass in the left slide window. Thanks

and yes. just now i reinstalled the files from Nov 09 into the zip file and the appropriate sub dir and they are all there (albeit i don't want to see triangles! :evil: ).

thanks for your help. i needed that!

My (back to normal) Camel

as a post script, i really like the speed on the right. wish the letters "mph" were smaller.

but i LOVE this overlay.

hey! just think! when we get to 6.4 it will be a foreskin!
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    edited January 2011
    My Samantha says "Sweetheart, are you lost?" instead of "recalculating", but, oh wait! That's on my Garmins courtesy of TurboCCC. :roll: :wink: Or is it Jill, or Aussie Karen :?: :twisted:
    @ rgoellner also.... Now you can have Samantha Say what you want her to say. Others may like this also.

Motnav/CONTENT/VOICE/Voice_TTS-eng.../info

Script lines 29 thru 35 Type in what you want her to say.

EXAMPLE: I changed lines 29 and 33 for testing purposes and it worked.

29. recalulate=" You have missed your turn Route recalculation."
    30. ask_recalulate="Off route! Recalculate?"
    31. offroute="Off route!"
    32. traffic_jam="Traffic jam ahead."
    33. overspeed="You are driving too damn fast and over the speed limit."
    34. gps_signal_lost="GPS signal lost."
    35. gps_disconnect="GPS disconnected."

So, not happy with what she says?
    You choose just change the text between the " "
    Happy Modifications...Remember Courtesy or Ramrod...........

Use your imagination Ooooohhhhh baby turn me around...

Ramrod 8) :lol:
  • @ My Camel, I haven't found how to make the text smaller yet on the mph/kmh and leave the speed larger. Right now the two are linked to each other. The speed could be moved farther to the right eliminating the mph/kmh. After all we know what the numbers mean. Be sure and check out my previous post about Samantha.... Glad you got your ugly triangle back!!!

Ramrod 8)
  • i just changed some. i need to get out and run the road to see how it works. she's silent when she isn't being thrust forward 8)

my eyes are closing. gonna have to go beddie bye . the damn dog will have me up at 5. wish my wife was back from her week long trip.

My (Sleepy) Camel
  • okay arachie baby when you going tdy to look for those fat fish that block the canals and channels. i think i'll be in Gainesville on the 3rd Feb-6 Feb.

the Archery Shooters Association has a 3d archery shoot there

My (arrow pointing) Camel
  • dhave 0 Points

I'm gonna freak out my wife big time with this. I think I'll let the guy say, "Hey, you're over the speed limit again. This time don't expect to get away with a warning."
  • Oh the possibilities are gonna be endless for Samantha...
    The two I tried worked well.
  • dhave 0 Points
    Oh the possibilities are gonna be endless for Samantha...
    The two I tried worked well.
    We may need a new thread for these voice mod suggestions. I'm leaning toward, "Hey, slow down, dammit! Don't you know if we wreck, I'll be the first one through the windshield?"
  • ok, since were tweeking code, we realy need to do something about Samantha (TTL) she sounds like my mother in law, quick to bitch at me for going 1 mph over the speed limit, lol. I think she is a heavy drinker too, for the love of God what does "rurchering calculation mean?"
    this girl needs to speak english lol

My Lady says route recalculation. I think that girl you have is hitting the bottle pretty hard and probably smoking Loco Weed also.
    She's the Gin Lady. Drinks too much Gin and smokes too many cigarettes!

"prepaih ta *slurp* turn right ahead." *inhale....exhale...*...
  • Wow, I just tried to download a file from my own site and Yeesh! what a pain that delay is! And the download is slow a molasses! If this keeps going (the skin mods, that is) I may have to consider just biting the bullet and buying the space! :x
  • i can post things to ftp from on my website.

My Camel

that is, if i can figure out how to protect it.

well, because i use frontpage, my host won't let me password protect. i'm not sure what to do here so,

forget it. i can't on my website, afterall. the problem is letting someone upload to my site.

oh well c'est la life
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Wow, I just tried to download a file from my own site and Yeesh! what a pain that delay is! And the download is slow a molasses! If this keeps going (the skin mods, that is) I may have to consider just biting the bullet and buying the space! :x
    TL - that is the worst file sharing site I have ever experienced. I would not buy space on there as unpaid users will still have a hard time figuring out how to download a file let alone download it. They really do a lot of misdirecting to frustrate one into buying their services. Not to mention the webbot security with typing cryptic letters.

The secret is scroll down the page past the popups and be prepared for an agonizingly slow countdown clock (I just saw 18 minutes!! but it varies) then just do the cryptic letters and hit RETURN on your keyboard. Do not click any new "Download" buttons that appear as they are re-directing you to buy some other application.

:twisted:
  • I don't know because I only uploaded to it. Were the downloads decent from the links I posted? If so use documents in Google Chrome. It was free. Then Post the link.

Has anyone done the Mod for Samantha?

Ramrod :roll:
  • i have but have not had the opportunity to put her to the test by travelling where there are speeds posted and other options. i don't rememmber but i think i gave her words she doesn't understand. i think she'll just fall silent with unknow vocabulary.

don't mess with mother nature.

My (natural) Camel
  • My Samantha says "Sweetheart, are you lost?" instead of "recalculating", but, oh wait! That's on my Garmins courtesy of TurboCCC. :roll: :wink: Or is it Jill, or Aussie Karen :?: :twisted:

@
    rgoellner also.... Now you can have Samantha Say what you want her to say. Others may like this also.

Motnav/CONTENT/VOICE/Voice_TTS-eng.../info

Script lines 29 thru 35 Type in what you want her to say.

EXAMPLE: I changed lines 29 and 33 for testing purposes and it worked.

29. recalulate=" You have missed your turn Route recalculation."
    30. ask_recalulate="Off route! Recalculate?"
    31. offroute="Off route!"
    32. traffic_jam="Traffic jam ahead."
    33. overspeed="You are driving too damn fast and over the speed limit."
    34. gps_signal_lost="GPS signal lost."
    35. gps_disconnect="GPS disconnected."

think I screwed it up it shows up as a configuration file we cant rename, when I moved it to the desktop it changed to a .ini file ????????
    when i replaced it with the rewrite it inseted back as a .ini file
  • I just ordered the tn765t and I did not know they was not doing any map updates anymore I'm mad do you think they will come out with any soon or do you think somehow one could modify a new map of different system to make it work with the motonav
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    I don't know because I only uploaded to it. Were the downloads decent from the links I posted? If so use documents in Google Chrome. It was free. Then Post the link.

Your uploads at Google are just fine. Best and most consistent location we have had.
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    edited January 2011
    @ rgoellner,

For this mod there is no need to rename the file, just rework the text for what you want her to say.

Yes it is a configuration file. You always drag the file you are going to edit to the desktop. Make your modifications using Notepad, Notepad++ or your choice of editor. Save the file then either copy and paste it back to the folder of your PND or drag and drop it and let it rename the original file disconnect the PND and let it reboot and you are done. You can not make any changes to the file while it is in the PND, you can try to save them and it will not let you. Just select don't save and everything remains the same. If the file has been lost then Go to Motoextras Toolbox restore from an earlier backup and reinstall your choice of DATA.zip..

Good luck..

Ramrod :(
  • I don't know because I only uploaded to it. Were the downloads decent from the links I posted? If so use documents in Google Chrome. It was free. Then Post the link.

Your uploads at Google are just fine. Best and most consistent location we have had.
    That is what ThunderLizard needs to set up then. Download Google chrome and if it has to be set up with an email address. Set up gmail also. It doesn't take long to upload the files there.

Ramrod
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    edited March 2011
    Removed
  • @RAMRODSR, that is what I did, but when I overwrote the original it went in as a .ini file, wierd. she still talks does that mean all is ok? or is the file with those scripts now corrupt? inquireing minds want to know :shock:
    did yours go back in as a configuration setting or an .ini file, I used notpad++
  • @RAMRODSR, that is what I did, but when I overwrote the original it went in as a .ini file, wierd. she still talks does that mean all is ok? or is the file with those scripts now corrupt? inquireing minds want to know :shock:
    did yours go back in as a configuration setting or an .ini file, I used notpad++
    Mine went back in as a configuration file. I have no idea of what would have happened to have it go back in as an .ini file. May have something to do with Samantha's Belly Button. The only time I have renamed a file is when I am working with the cars. Not much stuff out there for mdl files which is what we need for 3D.

IF IT STILL WORKS MUST NOT BE BROKE.......

Ramrod
  • Im gonna go test her out, I changed route recalculation to "Adjusting route" see if it works, Ill go get some food and set a course and do some bad turns for her, see if she still speaks! back in 20 min
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    edited January 2011
    I would think if you wanted to test if you're doing it right and your changes are taking effect without going out into the cold, dark night set up a short trip with Trip Planner and then simulate the route. You won't be able to test "recalculating" as Sam will never go off route though. Just a thought as I have not done any voice mods as yet.
  • rgoellner 0 Points
    edited January 2011
    well low and behold, she still speaks, and glorious day, it's understandable english, :D , Im not sure what happend, perhaps my PC is just missreading the file, or the motonav dosen't care that it now is a .INI file, none the less it still works and the alterations sound much better "Adjusting course." and "You are going too fast damnit." sound cool
    and like english lol
    now if we could just teach her to say COUNTY ROAD instead of CREE id be real happy lol
  • gleb 0 Points
    I used Magellan Maestro 4250 for long time, which comes with simple POI editor to convert my .csv POIs from POI factory to its format. Now I bought motonav tn765, updated to the latest software, applied the mode (v6.2). I used KMLCSV converter to convert csv file to kml file, copied the file to USERDATA\POI (the directory I created in \Motonav\CONTENT\), but still can't see the category. I would to see this custom category (redlight cameras), and be alerted when I approach it.
    Also I created two custom google maps using versions of this KML file (for some reason google map refuse to export more than 200 POI so I selected 400 POIs I was interested in and put it in 2 maps). How do I send them to my motonav tn765. I keep going to Web Location button and hitting update. It is dialing some number via my cell phone, but nothing is happening. I need very detailed step by step instruction what to do here. One way or the other I need to find a way to transfer large number of custom POIs and create new POI category..

Thank you very much for your time and help,
    Gleb.
  • I used Magellan Maestro 4250 for long time, which comes with simple POI editor to convert my .csv POIs from POI factory to its format. Now I bought motonav tn765, updated to the latest software, applied the mode (v6.2). I used KMLCSV converter to convert csv file to kml file, copied the file to USERDATA\POI (the directory I created in \Motonav\CONTENT\), but still can't see the category. I would to see this custom category (redlight cameras), and be alerted when I approach it.
    Also I created two custom google maps using versions of this KML file (for some reason google map refuse to export more than 200 POI so I selected 400 POIs I was interested in and put it in 2 maps). How do I send them to my motonav tn765. I keep going to Web Location button and hitting update. It is dialing some number via my cell phone, but nothing is happening. I need very detailed step by step instruction what to do here. One way or the other I need to find a way to transfer large number of custom POIs and create new POI category..

Thank you very much for your time and help,
    Gleb.
    Where it ask for the serial number of the device to send information to. Leave off the first digit or letter of the serial number for the Motonav TN765T. For some reason it has a problem with the first digit. Then everything should transfer.

Welcome to the Forum.

Ramrod 8)
  • Drop the first/leading digit or letter, whatever the first position is, from your serial number and it should then work.
    This worked for me, wierd that the serial no needs to be changed to update your device from google maps, I believe your doing everything else correct
  • TY Ramrod, beat me to the punchline lol :)
  • gleb 0 Points
    Could you please tell me how do I get to the point where it asks me for serial number? I don't quite understand how it works.
  • Does that mean we can follow the same steps to update our tn765t
  • Could you please tell me how do I get to the point where it asks me for serial number? I don't quite understand how it works.
    Go to Google Maps
    Type in an address to search
    On the left side of the page under the address you searched for you will see
    Directions / Search Nearby / More
    select More
    select Send
    select Send to GPS
    select Brand and inter that information
    it will then ask for a Serial Number
    leave off the first digit
    you are done.

Ramrod 8)
  • Does that mean we can follow the same steps to update our tn765t
    Motoextras Toolbox is used for updates and creating backups.

Be sure and download it and do a backup before and after your updates..

I hope this helps.

Ramrod 8)
  • TY Ramrod, beat me to the punchline lol :)

@ rgoellner and all others in this Forum.......

I have located the script for changing the fonts for mi,ft,mph,km,m,km/h. I had to add to the script to change all to uppercase. This also changes them in the Dashboard. When I make those fonts smaller for the Main Screen, it will also make them smaller in the dashboard. So I cant go too small or they won't be visible in the dashboard. Currently they are set for 7/10 in all lines of script that affect these items. The font in Dash board is 10. I may have to increase it to acomplish what we want.............. Then I will search for how to lock the speed to the upper right corner and still be visible when using the dashboard.

Ramrod :)
  • gleb 0 Points
    Ramrod,

Thank you very much for your help. Does it means that I can only send an individual location (one at a time)? What if I have created my google map with 400 POIs imported from KLM file is there a way to send all POIs to motonav tn765 at once? Is there a way to create custom POI category for motonav tn765?

If no, is there script/changes to motonav tn765 to be made for it to become possible?

Thank you,
    Gleb
  • I have located the scrip for changing the fonts for mi,ft,mph,km,m,km/h. I had to add to the script to change all to uppercase.
    great job RR!! you musta spent hours looking. thanks!

BTW i tried the voice changes and today took a trip. they work like a charm!!

now i can work on more of them. i only changed 2 (and btw, i saved the original by putting a ";" in front of them so i know what to change back to if i need to.

the 6.3 works like a dream. i may be seeing a few SMALL delays/changes in the system but i wasn't able to identify specifics. my wife was upset with me "fiddling" while doing 78 MPH. i'll have to do it without her.

My (content) Camel

• Thank you so much Ramrod, you is the man, wish I could help more, but sort of illiterate when it comes to script, again thank you for all your awsome efforts 8)
    in the words of Mahammel,

My (elated) Camel :D
    P.S. Triangle alterations soon to follow :wink:
  • P.S. Triangle alterations soon to follow
    Thanks. it will be very welcome! :P

My (sigh) Camel
  • dhave 0 Points

my wife was upset with me "fiddling" while doing 78 MPH. i'll have to do it without her.
    Just don't try editing the code of DATA.zip while zooming down the road. :lol:
  • dhl 0 Points
    edited January 2011
    ARROW CHANGED TO 3D CARS!!! Yeah!!!

Yes, I am the same DHL from the Moto forums.

I found a location with a few MDL files. I tried them and they work! I am using a Nissan GTR.

1. http://www.igo8mods.com/dimka_download.htm#cars
    Download 3D Cars 1.3

2. Extract the files you want from the folder 3DCars.

3. Add the MDL & TEX files of the model that you want into the zip on the GPS folder Motonav/Content/Car/Moto_Car.zip. **Note** Do not remove or replace the motocar.mdl/tex/spr files. Just add the new car files to Moto_Car.zip.

4. Update the info.ini file in the Moto_Car.zip where it says "motocar.mdl" with the name of the .mdl that you are using.

DHL

You can scourer the following forums for more cars!
    http://avic411.com/index.php?/forum/54-completed-modsthemes/
  • ARROW CHANGED TO 3D CARS!!! Yeah!!!
    Yes, I am the same DHL from the Moto forums.
    I found a location with a few MDL files. I tried them and they work! I am using a Nissan GTR.
    1. http://www.igo8mods.com/dimka_download.htm#cars
    Download 3D Cars 1.3
    2. Extract the files you want from the folder 3DCars.
    3. Add the MDL & TEX files of the model that you want into the zip on the GPS folder Motonav/Content/Car/Moto_Car.zip.
    4. Update the info.ini file in the Moto_Car.zip where it says "motocar.mdl" with the name of the .mdl that you are using.DHL
    You can scourer the following forums for more cars!
    http://avic411.com/index.php?/forum/54-completed-modsthemes/
    WOW My (can't contain myself) Camel is gona blow a hump over this :shock:
    Excellent work DHL Sir 8)
  • dhl 0 Points
    I've been lurking and using SciFi and Ramrods mods for a while now and have been working on the cars since I got the gps back in September 2010.