This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Motorola MotoNav TN765T Skin

Comments

• Ok I tried that, and it didn,t go so well. first off we are changing the 3d file so what do we get in 2d the blue arrow? when I put the new .MDL and .TEX files in and updated the 3d parts of the .info file I went to reboot, it froze 85% into the boot and came up with familier window's context (your screwed) box :shock:, went back and altered the car zip and .info to original and all went smooth again.
    so either Im missing something, or your forgetting something DHL
  • dhl 0 Points
    Ok I tried that, and it didn,t go so well. first off we are changing the 3d file so what do we get in 2d the blue arrow? when I put the new .MDL and .TEX files in and updated the 3d parts of the .info file I went to reboot, it froze 85% into the boot and came up with familier window's context (your screwed) box :shock:, went back and altered the car zip and .info to original and all went smooth again.
    so either Im missing something, or your forgetting something DHL
    I did not replace motocar.mdl/tex, I added all the mdl and tex files into my Moto_car.zip and change the info.ini file to whatever car I feel like. Make sure you are not misspelling the filename of the new car when you are modifying the 3D part of the Info.ini. For 2D you can take any BMP sized at 85x115 and rename it to moto_car_top.bmp and replace the existing file in the zip.
  • ARROW CHANGED TO 3D CARS!!! Yeah!!!
    Yes, I am the same DHL from the Moto forums.
    Hi there DHL, long time no "see"!

you-da-man :lol:

can't thank you enuf!

come morning time (i'm too bleary-eyed right now) i'll see if i can make your instructions work.

i'm gonna push a little more for an american car (read: Hot Rod) if i can. maybe use the hot rod i was trying to use previously.

thank you sooooooo much

My (hapily busted hump) Camel

Well i couldn't sleep so i tried it. after a few mistakes (mostly leaving out the " marks) i got the Nissan working. i'd like something a bit brighter-red-Hot roddish. but i don't know how to make the associated files. they give the anamation from the looks of it.

the files i found have a numbe of options but like DHL, i chose the Nissan. of them all, it's probably the best looking. the motocycle is too small and narrow. the others were boring. they're all small, and i wish they were bigger. may try enlarging the Nissan a bit ad see what happens but now i gotta get some sleep.

but it IS SOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOL
  • dhl 0 Points
    You could always use the characters from the Super Mario Kart vehicle pack if you don't want boring... Also, it appears that I am still in the Top 10 for most active particpant on the Moto Forums.. lol.
  • You could always use the characters from the Super Mario
    Naw. thanks. i am going to try to rename my hot rod and see if that works. and/or try to enlarge the auto.

but it's still very cool not to have a triange overpowering you! :twisted:

My (demented) Camel
  • dhl 0 Points
    You could always use the characters from the Super Mario

Naw. thanks. i am going to try to rename my hot rod and see if that works. and/or try to enlarge the auto.

but it's still very cool not to have a triange overpowering you! :twisted:

My (demented) Camel
    Found a program to make your own 3D Cars, I am not home and have not tested it yet.

http://web.axelero.hu/karpo/
  • mahammel 41 Points
    edited January 2011
    Found a program to make your own 3D Cars, I am not home and have not tested it yet.

i won't know what to do with it. i tried changing names and using my hot rod in place of the Nissan, but it didn't work. still showed the Nissan.

i have tried enlarging the .bmps and it doesn't work. that indicates to me that the compiled files have to have the same .bmp.

when you get a second, try what you found. i know you'll let us know!!

thanks DHL!

i think from what i'm reading, our files are made with "iGO8". i haven't figured out if that's free program or not and what it actually does.

don't have time to keep reading and i hope someone does figure this out

My (Thankful) Camel
  • dhl 0 Points
    edited January 2011
    You can't use a BMP file for 3D only 2D. The MDL and TEX files are required to use 3D cars. Just rename your HotRod.bmp to Moto_Car_Top.bmp and Moto_Car_Top_Gray.bmp and replace the existing BMPs in the Moto_Car.zip. Make sure the 2D section of Info.ini remains the default Moto_Car_Top.spr and Moto_Car_Top_Gray.spr.
  • I've been lurking and using SciFi and Ramrods mods for a while now and have been working on the cars since I got the gps back in September 2010.
    Hey DHL! Good to see you here on the non-branded forum! I love the car mod! The race car looks and works great! Keep up the good work!
  • dhl 0 Points
    I'm stuck at work for a few more hours so does anyone at home want to try making a 3D Car right now?

Download the program

Download the following 3D Model
    http://www.quality3dmodels.net/viewmodel.php?id=233

Convert to MDL/Tex.

The 3D object may be to big for our GPS, so try one of these free 3D Modeling applications:
    http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/25-free-3d-modelling-applications-you-should-not-miss/
  • You can't use a BMP file for 3D only 2D.
    gotcha. makes sense. for 2D. now we have to figure out the mdl and tex file system for 3D. Right?

I did get the red cobra working in 3D except that it's so close in color to the orange stripe when travelling, it's hard to see. went back to Triangle for the time being.
  • The race car looks pretty good! I did make it a bit larger (I think ) by changing the Display Scale and Map Scale in the info file to 150 and 130 respectively.

I'm pretty jacked up about this. Man! between the skin mods and the new vehicle, I believe I've got almost the perfect GPS! All I need now is Clear Channel traffic and I can die a happy man! ;)

• Ha! I want to drive the kitchen pot! How funny would that be!
  • dhl 0 Points
    The race car looks pretty good! I did make it a bit larger (I think ) by changing the Display Scale and Map Scale in the info file to 150 and 130 respectively.
    Good Job, I didn't play around with the scale yet.
  • Lizzy: you talking about 2D or 3D. i think for 3d, the bmp needs to be compiled into the mdl and/or tex files. and i think that's done (somehow) with the igo8.exe program. (i think)

My (thinking) Camel

oh, never mind. i think i know what you mean. i dont know nutting 'bout the scaling settings
  • I did 3D (I'm allergic to 2D! :shock: ). I just copied the necessary files (mdl and tex) from the parent directory of the new Car folder and added them to the MotoCar Zip file (and changed the info to look for the new files). Isn't that just what DHL said we had to do?
  • dhl 0 Points
    Yes, that is all you had to do.
  • sooooooooo what did you enlarge?
  • dhl 0 Points
    sooooooooo what did you enlarge?
    By changing the scale # in the Info.ini he apparantly enlarged the 3D Race Car that he is using.
  • can't believe i did not even see that.

(music) what a difference a day makes, 24 little hours (read: what a difference a scale change makes........).

that makes this thing "perfect".

you gus is so smart!!! really!!

My (Dummy) Camel

Merci
  • I did 3D (I'm allergic to 2D!
    forgot to say: "me too!"
  • dhl 0 Points
    No luck... that 3D Object Converter costs $50.00 to save to .MDL and I'm not in the mood to pay. lol
  • No luck... that 3D Object Converter costs $50.00 to save to .MDL and I'm not in the mood to pay. lol
    isn't there some freeware that will do the same thing (whatever that is)?

i have noticed that the compiled files (mdl and/or tex) actually orient the vehicle. so that must be what a 3D Object Converter does, eh?

what do i know. i'm not a software geek like some of you great minds, are!

My (software for dummies) Camel
  • dhl 0 Points
    I was able to pull up the MDL file in 3D Object convert, but I can not save. The MDL file is the actual 3D model file and has the skeletal shape of the object which in this case was a Nissan GTR. The TEX file is the texture file which skins the car so it looks like a Nissan GTR. Only problem is I can't take other 3D objects that people have made on the internet and save it to MDL unless I have a registered (Paid) copy of the 3D Object converter. It is the only program I could find that does NavIgo8 MDL files.
  • unless I have a registered (Paid) copy of the 3D Object converter
    what if we made a move amongst all of us'ns here that are interested, and "hire" you to do it by collectively paying for the program? may be 5-10 bucks each? i'm willin (and barely able, but able)!

anyone else care to join the mix here?

thanks for your efforts DHL! really. thanks.

My (able) Camel
  • dhl 0 Points
    Nah, you need a skilled professional. I am a hack who tries to cobble things together. Anyone else actually have 3D modeling skills?
  • Anyone else actually have 3D modeling skills
    wow. that's pushing it. ANYONE?? i could probably find someone in the cook county jail in chicago or atlanta's regional corrections-or whatever.

come on out there, is there not someone knowledgeable, willing to take on this challenge?
  • dhl 0 Points
    They have college courses for inmates, so 3D modeling and graphics design are probably popular courses.
  • EricM2011 0 Points
    edited February 2011
    If you want that program go to this site

download this first

[link removed. No reference to warez sites or hacked software allowed on this site .... moderator]
  • Any news on any new map updates coming soon?
  • dhl 0 Points
    Ugh.. got some nasty rootkit browser redirects aka spyware/virus when I went looking around the internet for 3D Object Converter. Got it cleared up, but not going to do that again.
  • That's what happens when you enter the WAREZ world of hacked programs lol, not for the faint of heart :wink:
  • dhl 0 Points
    That's what happens when you enter the WAREZ world of hacked programs lol, not for the faint of heart :wink:
    Been there done that... just no honor amongst theives anymore. lol
  • Ugh..
    sorry to hear it. hope you are able to clean it up safely!
  • Hey just to update y'all on adjusting the size of the vehicle, through trial and error, I've learned that you need to increase the map_scale number to do so. It appears that Display_Scale has nothing to do with it.

I increased the map_scale number to 200 and left Display_scale at 130 and it seems to work like a charm. Now I can really see the detail of the race car I added, and it rotates nicely with the map view.

The map_scale code line can be found in the info file, where you direct the Motonav to use the car you want.
  • wow! things done slowed down. wassa matta you? weather gotcha down bunkie?

or

we're all content with what our geniuses have done!!

yeah. the latter.

Thanks agin, y'all! Job well done!

My (elsie the contented) Camel
  • dhave 0 Points
    wow! things done slowed down. wassa matta you? weather gotcha down bunkie?

or

yeah. the latter.

Yes, the lions are fed, for the time being. But, we'll all be hungry again soon ...

for MAP UPDATES!
  • wow! things done slowed down. wassa matta you? weather gotcha down bunkie?

or

yeah. the latter.

Yes, the lions are fed, for the time being. But, we'll all be hungry again soon ...

for MAP UPDATES!
    ^^^^^ +1!!! ^^^^^^
  • anyone find a way to build your own car?
  • Greetings:

I've been following this stream for a couple of weeks. Thank goodness there are people like you around to fill the update gap (however indefinate it may be.)

I'd like to thank you all.
  • There is a New Skin Revision Coming Soon.

Working on the upload now.
    Ramrod 8)
  • dhave 0 Points
    There is a New Skin Revision Coming Soon.

Ramrod 8)
    What are the particulars?
  • There is a New Skin Revision Coming Soon.

Ramrod 8)
    Great news, thanks!!

To pay tribute....

My (elated) Camel
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    edited February 2011
    Sorry guys, I have been busy working on some Revisions to make the last Skin better. The mods to the font size for some strange reason had caused the Distance to Destination to work intermittently and I have finally worked that bug out. This is why I delayed the release.

1. Fonts for mph-ft-mi-km/h-m-km have been changed to all Caps for the Main Screen and in the Dashboard.

2. The fonts have also been resized smaller for MPH-KM/H next to Speed.

3. The Speed has been moved to the top right corner above the + sign with a shaded bar. The Speed and the Shaded bar will now shift to the smaller screen when opening the Dashboard.

4. Distance to Destination will also shift, As long as the destination is not too long. Distance to Destination will not show tenths until destination is less than 10 miles. The only information not seen on small screen is Altitude.

Note: When a Speed Limit sign comes up on the small screen it is shaded and the destination distance will overwrite it.. I only get a speed limit sign on the Freeway though and I can live with that. I use the large screen when I can. The shading can be changed by changing the alpha numbers. Lines 177-178.

DATA_RR(6.4)
    HERE IS THE LINK:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BxLFSMPz25ohOWQ5MDFiNTUtZWFjZS00YmYyLWE4NWMtYjE5NjEyOGZjOTEz&hl=en&authkey=COS5iIkK

Thanks also to DHL for locating the download for the .mdl files for the Autos.

Touch Time or Speed to bring up Volume Level Screen.
    Touch Distance to Destination or Altitude to bring up Avoidances Screen.

Ramrod 8)
  • dhave 0 Points
    That looks really good, Ramrod. We all appreciate your work. I know from my tiny attempts how tedious it can be!
  • That looks really good, Ramrod. We all appreciate your work. I know from tiny attempt how tedious it can be!
    You got that $#!+ right...LOL especially with a minor glitch. Then have to rewrite the script, for shifting bars and speed. By the way I am not a programmer, just a self taught modifier.....LOL It finally uploaded. I will edit and post the Link.

Ramrod :lol:
  • This photo is not very good quality, but you can see what happens to the speed limit sign on the small screen. I used Black for the color on the bars so it will just darken whatever color is on screen. If you want different colors pull the correct bmp file to paintshop and change it.

Ramrod
  • Hey there RR Senor!!

your skin is smooth as silk.

as we say in ebonics here in Hotlanta, it be perfect! i'll bet you use body lotion! i think i'll switch to what you're using!!

it's actually working perfectly on both my 765's. i love the size of the time, distance, mph---everything. can't wait to see how well it looks on the freeway.

thank you, thank you (ad nausium). both my humps are happy!

My (Happy) Camelimage
  • @Camel,

Thanks, I thought it would be worth the wait. I have been using this setup for over a week. Testing to be sure and get the bugs out before release. The current street will come and go at times but I beleive that is due to the GPS information. It was fun working on the modifications and I hope everyone enjoys the New Skin Version.

Happy to see with the help from DHL you were able to get rid of that UGLY Blue Triangle.

Happy Motoring,

Ramrod 8) :lol:
  • yepper. Me two

again thanks. great work.