This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Motorola MotoNav TN765T Skin

Comments

• mahammel 41 Points
    i'll look for the cumulus tomorrow after about 6AM (like 9AM).

OKAY. MUST BE BT'S IDEA

the pac man with BT in it.
  • mahammel 41 Points
    Or is she your cousin?
    you're smarter than we all give you credit for

yep. we're 2 hours away from Milledgeville, gA. they're well known for first cousin inter family (well you know).
  • mickjcat 0 Points
    Hey Guys,
    Long time, just checking in and noticed this new skin update, for the life of me I don't get how to do it. I open a file and it may say cannot open, invalid photo, I connect my pnd and it doesn't respond to files I have put in the folder...... I have tried any number of dat.zip files and tried to follow the instructions given, can you help a fellow motonaver? :(
  • Yeeez,
    Kids...
    The files I up'd are in a .rar file...you need to unrar the file and read the readme.txt.

also,
    If you want to incorp into your own skin...(so, you don't have to change anything) extract the gfx folder (from the data.zip in the .rar file )and add it to your data.zip and copy the contents folder & sys.txt to the motonav folder. Sorry for the confusion. I sometimes think everyone's on the same mahammel. :shock:

Boy, I like 3T's...is there an option for my wife to get that option? :wink:
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Even I figured out the DATA.zip inside the .rar file! :roll: It is working OK for me......but, did "ETA" letters get moved a little bit to the left? Could be a little closer to numerals for my liking, but I guess I can move that. Now to go back and get my Altitude. :P
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    i'll look for the cumulus tomorrow after about 6AM (like 9AM).

OKAY. MUST BE BT'S IDEA

the pac man with BT in it.

And don't forget to watch the night sky for the meteorites to zip by! You have to watch real close. Intently. Especially after a couple of those AppleTini's you'll be amazed at what you will see! :wink:
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Boy, I like 3T's...is there an option for my wife to get that option? Wink
    I think your only hope is to get that Graphics Department going! I'd even leave my gps at home just to get lost in there! Those Hooters girls will do anything to get a bigger tip! :lol:
  • mickjcat 0 Points
    I feel so ignorant, I downloaded the latest Adobe reader X and it won't the .rar file, I have about 5 other dat files I have loaded.....one at a time in the motonav folder in my computer, and nada. Sorry I am being so dense...trying to follow the steps, just not working.
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    I feel so ignorant, I downloaded the latest Adobe reader X and it won't the .rar file, I have about 5 other dat files I have loaded.....one at a time in the motonav folder in my computer, and nada. Sorry I am being so dense...trying to follow the steps, just not working.
    FREE DOWNLOAD: GOOGLE FOR 7-ZIP THIS WILL OPEN THE .RAR FILE.

NOTE: You say you have loaded five other dat files. Rename only one file of your choice to DATA.zip that is in the motonav folder of your PND (Personal Navagation Device). Choose to eject or safely remove hardware, then disconnect the PND from your computer and let it reboot. It should now be running with the new skin. You are only able to run one at a time. To try a different one rename the one you are using to what it was and rename the next one you wish to use to DATA.zip

Ramrod 8)
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    edited March 2011
    @ Spyder,

Here is a screenshot of what I have done with the information to create my skin. I got rid of the Plus and Minus on the right and the eye and microphone on the left. These items will still function when touching the screen. I also have the Route Options, Volume Levels and Avoidances still working as Hidden Buttons I am using blueTOOTH's Sky background along with address numbers left and right. I resized and changed spacing of some of the fonts and added glow to the Speed and Altitude. This did have an adverse effect on some of the items in the dashboard, but I can live with that until I figure out how to change it. I am still using a different setup for Time, ETA, and Distance to Destination than blueTOOTH so mine does not disappear when there is no Route.

Thanks for the Sky with the clouds blueTOOTH. It makes a great addition to the skin.

EDIT: Here is the link for the skin Note: you will have to add blueTOOTH'S DATA_bt_1d.zip for the Sky.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BxLFSMPz25ohZGY0NjkwMWMtOWNjMC00MGRlLTk4NzYtNjI5ZDU2ZGQ2MDRi&hl=en&authkey=CKSU80E

Ramrod :lol:
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    edited March 2011
    <snipped> Question answered above.
  • @ Spyder,

Here is a screenshot of what I have done with the information to create my skin. I got rid of the Plus and Minus on the right and the eye and microphone on the left. These items will still function when touching the screen. I also have the Route Options, Volume Levels and Avoidances still working as Hidden Buttons I am using blueTOOTH's Sky background along with address numbers left and right. I resized and changed spacing of some of the fonts and added glow to the Speed and Altitude. This did have an adverse effect on some of the items in the dashboard, but I can live with that until I figure out how to change it. I am still using a different setup for Time, ETA, and Distance to Destination than blueTOOTH so mine does not disappear when there is no Route.

Thanks for the Sky with the clouds blueTOOTH. It makes a great addition to the skin.

Glad to see you're back in the game SR! (you've been off the field for a while!). I like your skin a lot - particularly the speedo area. When you gonna post a file for it?
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    edited March 2011
    @ blueTOOTH

In your ReadMe instructions for BT_1D you indicate that the contents of the folder "Content" is to be copied to the PND. When I examine that included folder I only see the folder SCHEME with the new SKY files. If one were to copy your "Content" folder wouldn't it wipe out the current contents of the "Content" folder of the PND if one was not careful? Users need to simply get the two Sky files into the proper place correct? Just looking for clarification.

I have added a new post to the Skin Sticky which will only show your mods and skin updates and I would like to post PhD install instructions since the process for this skin is different than all previous ones.
  • mickjcat 0 Points
    I did get the rar file to open with 7zip. I put the file in the pnd under the gro file, nothing. removed the gro file and left the renamed rar data.zip unplugged pnd, and it says program application database cannot be found. I am going to put the gro file back in and see what happens....... I saved it in my docs, I have loaded it and it still gives me the same error. I think I am headed for a reset. I have no idea why I am so dense on this, I really am trying to follow your instructions. Thanks for being so patient. You would think that the Motorola folks would just use your files for a new update on motoextras and give you a giant paycheck... :wink:
  • @ blueTOOTH

In your ReadMe instructions for BT_1D you indicate that the contents of the folder "Content" is to be copied to the PND. When I examine that included folder I only see the folder SCHEMES with the new SKY files. If one were to copy you "Content" folder wouldn't it wipe out the current contents of the "Content" folder of the PND if one was not careful? Users need to simply get the two Sky files into the proper place correct? Just looking for clarification.

I have added a new post to the Skin Sticky which will only show your mods and skin updates and I would like to post PhD install instructions since the process for this skin is different than all previous ones.
    I did exactly what you are referring to! Yes, you need to only copy the Schemes folder inside Content. Otherwise you get a whole slew of errors (like I did!) because there's nothing else defined! :shock:
  • I did get the rar file to open with 7zip. I put the file in the pnd under the gro file, nothing. removed the gro file and left the renamed rar data.zip unplugged pnd, and it says program application database cannot be found. I am going to put the gro file back in and see what happens....... I saved it in my docs, I have loaded it and it still gives me the same error. I think I am headed for a reset. I have no idea why I am so dense on this, I really am trying to follow your instructions. Thanks for being so patient. You would think that the Motorola folks would just use your files for a new update on motoextras and give you a giant paycheck... :wink:
    When you explore your MotoNav, you should see a couple of files, and a Motonav folder. You would take the zip file you downloaded, rename it to read DATA (the .zip extension will be there automatically - be sure you don't have the file renamed Data.zip.zip).

You then drag the new Data file to the Motonav folder and drop it in. You will be asked if you want to replace the existing Data file (of course, you say yes). If not, then you've got a file name error.

If the device worked before, then the you should have no problem with this, nor should you have to reboot. Just be sure to unmount the GPS before you unplug it, just for safe measures.

let us know if it works! Good luck!
  • @spyder

Install instructions.

Path: Computers use paths to find files. Your Motonav is a computer. Files are put in folders to organize them. Example: when you connect to your motonav you see the drive "flashdisk" with a folder called "Motonav".
    If the instructions say place the data.zip in the "Motonav" folder on the pna, you would drag/drop (in effect copy) from your computer the data.zip into this folder. The path from this example for the transfer of the data.zip would be /flashdisk/motonav. If you are told to copy (Vibrant_Moto.zip to the sceme folder on the pna) You would click on the "Motonav" folder, click on the "Content" folder, and you should see a folder listed-called "sceme". You would then, drag/drop the file Vibrant_Moto.zip into this folder called "sceme". The path for this example would be: /flashdisk/Motonav/content/sceme. Hope this helps others understand how I've written some of the instructions...and sometimes people will refer to "put it in the xxx folder". This may skip some of the instruction..but as you learn the file/folder placement...you'll get the hang of it.

data_bt_1d.rar (data zip with sky)
    You must first unrar the .rar file on your PC. This should create a folder called data_bt_1d. Inside you will find the contents.

Contents:
    sys.txt (optional! you can keep your old sys.txt if you want...this adds my "tips" that I've posted)
    -copy to your motonav folder on the pna (ok, to overwrite)

data_bt_1d.zip (you must rename this file to data.zip first or it will not work)
    -copy data.zip to your motonav folder on the pna (ok, to overwrite)

Vibrant_Moto.zip and Vibrant-night_Moto.zip (in content/sceme/ folder)
    -copy these two .zip files to the /motonav/content/sceme/folder on the pna (ok, to overwrite)

Advanced option:
    If you have a current skin and would just like to add the sky feature:
    Extract the "gfx" folder from the data_bt_1d.zip and add it to your current data.zip + copy the Vibrant_Moto.zip & Vibrant-night_Moto.zip to the /motonav/content/sceme/ folder on the pna.
  • mickjcat 0 Points
    I must have a file error name, I get no replace with new file...gotta go to work, I will be in touch later. Thanks for all your help. If you could tell me how to put images in this text I could show you also... :roll:
  • mahammel 41 Points
    highlight file; press and hold 'ctrl' and 'c' keys. this will copy

go to the pnd file which should be open and press and hold 'ctrl' and 'v' keys. this will paste. sometimes the drop down menus are 'camel-y' (read: screwy)

my (screwed) camel
  • You will not get a file replace message with transfer of data.zip if this is the first time you have added a skin to the Motonav. (because there is not a data.zip in the motonav folder)

******Also, please be aware*******
    If this is the first time, the sys.txt contains the option of putting the "save" folder in the motonav directory. Origionally it was directed to the GPSPARAM drive. In effect, this will cause your motonav to think it's new again...and you will loose all saved data. There is info on how to get access to the GPSPARAM drive in the "first thoughts" thread to retrieve your old "save" folder.
    or,
    Open the sys.txt with notepad and make the following change:

[folders]
    data="/GPSPARAM/"

This will keep your old "save" folder active
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points

FREE DOWNLOAD: GOOGLE FOR 7-ZIP THIS WILL OPEN THE .RAR FILE.

NOTE: You say you have loaded five other dat files. Rename only one file of your choice to DATA.zip that is in the motonav folder of your PND (Personal Navagation Device). Choose to eject or safely remove hardware, then disconnect the PND from your computer and let it reboot. It should now be running with the new skin. You are only able to run one at a time. To try a different one rename the one you are using to what it was and rename the next one you wish to use to DATA.zip

EDIT NOTE: DO NOT REMOVE the DATA.GRO FILE. As ThunderLizard stated in his Post make sure you DO NOT HAVE THE FILE AS DATA.ZIP.ZIP. I suggest you try a DATA.zip mod before you try to tackle the blueTOOTH Sky mod with the .RAR extension and copying the other files. Be sure and let us know if you get it working, or if you are still having difficulties.
    Good Luck

I will release a DATA.zip for my Skin Version later.

Ramrod 8)
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    @ mickjcat,

1. If you don't know how to take a screen shot? Try this link:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

2. I use ( imageshack.us ) to upload pic or screenshot. This converts it to (http://image_url )

3. Copy the Direct link

4. Paste the Direct link using the Img button to look like this in your message image This should post your photo or screenshot with your message. Use the preview if your photo did not work make sure you copied the Direct Link for your image.
    Good Luck

Ramrod
  • @bluetooth et al~

Everything works just fine (love the sky effects!) but for some reason, my destination and Via flags form a block of white with the flag in them. Is this an Alpha layer issue? Perhaps caused by my conversion to .png with Ipie and back again to RGBa Bitmaps?

What are your thoughts?
  • @thunder

Use ipie to view the .bmp. If you have it active...look at the bottom left of the screen...it should say alpha Yes or No. It has to say yes or you will not get the graphic to display with clear background. Hope that make sense.
  • ThunderLizard 91 Points
    edited March 2011
    That's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks Bro.

EDIT: Well - I just ran through them all, and they all have Alpha turned on. When I look at them in Greenfish, is there an Alpha setting I should be looking for? Maybe something got lost in the translation? This is bugging the snot outta me. It only started happening when I moved my modded .bmp's to the Sky skin. :( Wonder what the heck I did??
  • I did get the rar file to open with 7zip. I put the file in the pnd under the gro file, nothing. removed the gro file and left the renamed rar data.zip unplugged pnd, and it says program application database cannot be found. I am going to put the gro file back in and see what happens....... I saved it in my docs, I have loaded it and it still gives me the same error. I think I am headed for a reset. I have no idea why I am so dense on this, I really am trying to follow your instructions. Thanks for being so patient. You would think that the Motorola folks would just use your files for a new update on motoextras and give you a giant paycheck... :wink:
    Hey Mickjcat~

Be sure that you use the zip file that's contained in the .rar, not the whole .rar file.

Eg:

Unzip the .RAR...

- Copy the SYS.txt folder to the Motonav folder (replace the original, or rename it to SYSOld before you copy).
    - Copy the two files in the Content folder to the Content folder in Motonav folder.
    - Rename the BT-1D zip file that was inside the .RAR, to DATA, and place that in the Motonav folder.

That should do it! Hope it works for you.
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    @ Spyder,

The Skin link is on the post with the Photo. You may post it on the Sticky. Remember.......This will have an adverse effect on some of the Fonts in the dashboard
    :? :shock: :? :oops:

ThunderLizard said:
    Glad to see you're back in the game SR! (you've been off the field for a while!). I like your skin a lot - particularly the speedo area. When you gonna post a file for it?
    I have just been laying back to see what others may come up with for the Skins. Never out of touch.......

EDIT: GREAT JOB !!! on the Sticky Spyder Keep up the Good Work.

Ramrod 8) :lol: 8)
  • Just wanted to share with the group how fantastic your skin is. This latest iteration with real 3d and cloudy skies just bring this GPS to a whole new level. This GPS was a sub 150$ competing with some 350$+ gps. Again BRAVO to you for coming up with this, this just make a good GPS, a close to perfect GPS.
  • Very strange -

I discovered that when I "batch convert" all of the BMP's in the 854_358 folder, make my edits, and convert them all back again, I get the blocking out error on the flags. But when I just do a few (say 10 or so), I don't get that error! Anyway, all is well. The Mod's looking good.

Hey Sr, where do I go if I want to shrink the word "MPH" in the speedo icon? That one has got me stumped!

I'll have some screen shots en route, with the Modded Speed Limit sign. I can post with my crappy file server if anyone wants it. Meanwhile, here's what I've got:

The pic doesn't do the glow on the turn box justice. It really pops in person. (and it only comes on in the last 100 yds, so it's not annoying!

Note: I fixed the positioning of "ETA" and also added "Dist" and "Alt". "ETA" and "Dist" only show up when on a route, "Alt" is there all the time.

Blessings!
  • mickjcat 0 Points
    Well, I got it done.....not quite sure how, or which data.zip I actually used, but I now have time of day to the left bottom> 12:00am> 0yds> 944ft. Upper right has 0mph, up pointing arrow N and the speaker is red, muted. I don't have the sky elements yet. Looked in the settings>display and couldn't find adjustment....another time, later this weekend. This was almost beyond my expertise...Thanks again one and all! You are the best!
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    @mickjcat - If you haven't already you may want to look through the Sticky at the top of the Motonav forum for skin history, versions, where to get them and some install instructions.
  • mickjcat 0 Points
    Thanks I will give it a try, very excited about new additions!
  • mickjcat 0 Points
    @mickjcat - If you haven't already you may want to look through the Sticky at the top of the Motonav forum for skin history, versions, where to get them and some install instructions.
    Are these "update" versions complete and replace other versions or just adding sky features etc?
  • mahammel 41 Points
    okay. you knnow i'm not stupid but for this........

'splain to me how you got the clouds in the sky in the b/g. when in 3d autozoom, i just see the roads. when in autozoom off in 2 or 3d i still don't see the sky 'ceptin' when i zoom out and then only blue sky.

why o' why?
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    @mickjcat - Well, it is sort of like you are walking into a movie that started 30 minutes ago. I would suggest you start at page 1 of the skin thread to get a feeling on how the development started and has progressed. At this point there is parallel development going on. The skin by blueTOOTH has given us different sky scenes, but it can be incorporated into any other thanks to his guidance. Ramrodsr has also taught us "how to fish" and several guys are jumping in and doing mods they prefer. It is fairly easy to try different versions and see what you like/dislike.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    okay. you knnow i'm not stupid but for this........

'splain to me how you got the clouds in the sky in the b/g. when in 3d autozoom, i just see the roads. when in autozoom off in 2 or 3d i still don't see the sky 'ceptin' when i zoom out and then only blue sky.

why o' why?
    You musta goofed up somewhere! :wink:

Tap the "eye" icon or location if it is invisible. With autozoom OFF (and leave it off) zoom in really close, then adjust the horizon angle with the up/ down arrows on the left. X out of the window and it should be OK on the main map screen. (I think...)
  • mahammel 41 Points
    You musta goofed up somewhere
    yeah. what's new to that?

i had it right. i fugured dat but now that it's night time, i'll have to wait. although that being said, looking at the night screen and the horizon, i think i see shading indicating lights from a town in the background :D .

will try again tomorrow. i think the last version vt+sky+data should have it but will know tomorrow.

Gracias spidre!
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    @ ThunderLizard,
    Hey Sr, where do I go if I want to shrink the word "MPH" in the speedo icon? That one has got me stumped!
    Look in: ( Motonav/DATA/ui_motorola_pnd/common/ui/variable_def.ui)

The script lines for speedtext is near the end do a search for 5/10 This is what the value is currently set for. It will change the size in your dashboard also.

Ramrod
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    You musta goofed up somewhere

yeah. what's new to that?

i had it right. i fugured dat but now that it's night time, i'll have to wait. although that being said, looking at the night screen and the horizon, i think i see shading indicating lights from a town in the background :D .

will try again tomorrow. i think the last version vt+sky+data should have it but will know tomorrow.

Gracias spidre!
    If it will keep you up tonight go to Settings->display and turn on Day Only. Easy-peezy.
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    oh poor camel,

i fugured dat but now that it's night time, i'll have to wait.
    You can go to the Main Menu and choose settings / Display / select night mode and change it to always day to see your sky view and go to the 3d screen the eye button to adjust the tilt of your screen.

Hey Spyder,
    LOL we didn't want the camel left in the dark ! Did we?
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Too late. :wink:
  • mahammel 41 Points
    we didn't want the camel left in the dark ! Did we?

Too Late[\quote]

ah what you don't know is my wife just returned after being gone on business for a week.

I don't care tonight! so dere!

i didn't think about turning off night view. sheeeeesh.

My (El Estupido) Camel

and no jokes about my humps tonight
  • mickjcat 0 Points
    Victory! Thanks to you all, I have clouds and stars! Life is good! I think I am getting the hang of it now....I'm sure I will snag up playing with the different skins, but so many nice additions! Who needs the stinkin Motorola suits :) easy for me to say, when all I do is reap the benefits of your hard work......I really have no clue how it is done, but omg it is a beautiful thing. Thanks again for bearing with me!
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    @ mickjcat,

Happy to hear you got the skins working..
    8)
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    we didn't want the camel left in the dark ! Did we?

Too Late[\quote]

ah what you don't know is my wife just returned after being gone on business for a week.

I don't care tonight! so dere!

i didn't think about turning off night view. sheeeeesh.

My (El Estupido) Camel

and no jokes about my humps tonight

OK - it's a new day and we're sure you got a good night's sleep so we can start picking on you again. :lol: BTW, sorry to hear your vacation is over since the XYL returned. :wink:

Let the games begin..... What do you do that your quotes don't work? (Edit: I see it now, do you?)

Is it a cloudy day in Roswell or are you still seeing stars? Distant city is another way to look at it if your pitch angle is wrong, I guess.

And did your cousin make it out before your wife got home?

:twisted:

(Edit #2 - BTW, I asked the Mods to either move or delete your post about my typo at the top of the Skin Sticky, which has been corrected so thank you for that, but I want to keep the sticky clean of extraneous posts. It got deleted. I was pretty sure you would not care one way or the other. Gatorguy did it and his comment was: "Done. But as a rule I'd rather avoid removing posts made by regular and well-behaved members." And my comment back to him was:

Thanks - and you actually consider mahammel "well behaved"???? I don't understand half the stuff he posts! :roll: :wink: I think he is taking Foster Brooks' place on this good earth! :lol: I've corresponded with him directly and he is a genuine nice guy, but he must have a split personality. :roll:
  • dhave 0 Points
    ooooooooooooooooooooooo
    (I know it's a bad pic...but now with clouds...and stars at night)

@blueTOOTH: This is my current favorite. No screen clutter, matching gray boxes for upcoming turn (upper left) and current speed (upper right). I might try enlarging the upcoming street name a bit, though that's always a tradeoff since space up on that top line there gets tight. Thanks for your work on this.

@RamrodSR: I use your routing option button (embedded in current speed) *all* the time. Thanks especially for this.
    edited March 2011
    Well, here's my latest. I added the date to the bottom of the speedo area and cleaned things up a bit.

I also have labels on the bottom row for Time, Distance, and I moved the one for ETA. (of course, Distance and ETA don't show up unless your navigating).

Oh, and anyone who used my old File Share will be happy to see that I have now established a Google account (please hold the applause till after... :wink: ).

Here's some pics:

There is no turn arrow shown because I'm not on a road (sitting at my kitchen table). The turn arrow is the same as in my last pic I posted.

This one shows my Modded "Home" icon (made it look like mine! Ha!)

Shows turn area highlight.

The Turn area highlights with the purplish glow when you approach the turn (within 100 yds) and the Speed Limit sign glows the same when over the limit. As before, the speed limits are beveled to add a more 3-D effect (I believe this helps them "pop" on the screen for easy viewing.

That's about it for now. The only thing I would consider messing with is if someone can figure out how to "Glow" the altitude (I've really struggled with this one!). I don't understand enough about this code to know why... :shock:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B8NtrQ37fzYrODk4OWY0MGItNTQ4Ny00YmY4LWFiN2MtMTZjNDIyM2EyOWI2&hl=en&authkey=CNWNisMM

Enjoy!
  • mickjcat 0 Points
    Hmm, it won't let me open....very cool though in your screen shot.
    edited March 2011
    Hmm, it won't let me open....very cool though in your screen shot.
    EDIT: Had to change permission settings. Reposted the link in my post above. Try it now. Should work. (really!)
  • mickjcat 0 Points
    edited March 2011
    Hey just wondering if anyone has tried to install new car images and found under motonav\content\car that you do not have moto_car.zip? I only have ped..... I don't know if I renamed inadvertently or if I need to run something again on the toolbox. I did have to do a reset a couple of times getting in the new skins....thanks in advance for any help...would love to have a new car :lol: