This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Motorola MotoNav TN765T Skin

Comments

• Spyder63 331 Points
    12:49 pm EST

Sorry, the page (or document) you have requested is not available.

Please check the address and try again.

Update: The new link does work.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B8NtrQ37fzYrODk4OWY0MGItNTQ4Ny00YmY4LWFiN2MtMTZjNDIyM2EyOWI2&hl=en&authkey=CNWNisMM
  • Hey just wondering if anyone has tried to install new car images and found under motonav\content\car that you do not have moto_car.zip? I only have ped..... I don't know if I renamed inadvertently or if I need to run something again on the toolbox. I did have to do a reset a couple of times getting in the new skins....thanks in advance for any help...would love to have a new car :lol:
    If you look back a few pages, you'll see where BluTooth posted a link to a bunch of cars, along with the instructions on how to add. That's how I got the Formula 1. It's not that tough to do...just follow the instructions and "voila'!"

You should not have to do a reset to get these to work. Sounds like something may be afoul.
  • mickjcat 0 Points
    Hey just wondering if anyone has tried to install new car images and found under motonav\content\car that you do not have moto_car.zip? I only have ped..... I don't know if I renamed inadvertently or if I need to run something again on the toolbox. I did have to do a reset a couple of times getting in the new skins....thanks in advance for any help...would love to have a new car :lol:

If you look back a few pages, you'll see where BluTooth posted a link to a bunch of cars, along with the instructions on how to add. That's how I got the Formula 1. It's not that tough to do...just follow the instructions and "voila'!"

You should not have to do a reset to get these to work. Sounds like something may be afoul.
    Just making sure, I was following what DHL wrote, and you say it is bluetooth?
  • ARROW CHANGED TO 3D CARS!!! Yeah!!!

Yes, I am the same DHL from the Moto forums.

I found a location with a few MDL files. I tried them and they work! I am using a Nissan GTR.

1. http://www.igo8mods.com/dimka_download.htm#cars
    Download 3D Cars 1.3

2. Extract the files you want from the folder 3DCars.

3. Add the MDL & TEX files of the model that you want into the zip on the GPS folder Motonav/Content/Car/Moto_Car.zip. **Note** Do not remove or replace the motocar.mdl/tex/spr files. Just add the new car files to Moto_Car.zip.

4. Update the info.ini file in the Moto_Car.zip where it says "motocar.mdl" with the name of the .mdl that you are using.

DHL

You can scourer the following forums for more cars!
    http://avic411.com/index.php?/forum/54-completed-modsthemes/
    Yeah, it was DHL (haven't seen him in a while!). Here's the post with all the info.

Blessings!
  • mickjcat 0 Points
    ARROW CHANGED TO 3D CARS!!! Yeah!!!

Yes, I am the same DHL from the Moto forums.

I found a location with a few MDL files. I tried them and they work! I am using a Nissan GTR.

1. http://www.igo8mods.com/dimka_download.htm#cars
    Download 3D Cars 1.3

2. Extract the files you want from the folder 3DCars.

3. Add the MDL & TEX files of the model that you want into the zip on the GPS folder Motonav/Content/Car/Moto_Car.zip. **Note** Do not remove or replace the motocar.mdl/tex/spr files. Just add the new car files to Moto_Car.zip.

4. Update the info.ini file in the Moto_Car.zip where it says "motocar.mdl" with the name of the .mdl that you are using.

DHL

You can scourer the following forums for more cars!
    http://avic411.com/index.php?/forum/54-completed-modsthemes/

Yeah, it was DHL (haven't seen him in a while!). Here's the post with all the info.

Blessings!

Good to know it is dhl, I was looking under bluetooth and nothing. But I do have the problem of no file under moto_car.zip, just one for moto_ped.zip......that is why I thought I may have to do something in the toolbox.... for the record, I have put the car I want in the folder under ped, I even created a new folder with the car.zip and put the car in it and still nada, and of course I am just shooting in the dark trying to follow instructions, no idea of what I am doing... :oops:
  • When I get back in front if the PC, I'll see if I can upload my contents to the Google site. The problem you will have by putting the car info in the Ped file is that the Nav algorithm will treat you like a pedestrian. :shock:

If it works, you should be able to copy my contents to your folder. Its all generic - nothing device-specific, so it should work.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    I have installed TLs skin TL Sky 3 and while it works "as advertised" I was experimenting a little to see what effect the new day/night sky .bmps would affect or be affected by changing display modes from Vibrant to Smooth or Minimal since the files are labeled for use in Vibrant mode.

It seems you can get different sky effects depending on what setting you were in before changing the display modes or the sky just goes screwy and pixelizes.

Vibrant-Always Day = Blue sky w/clouds
    Vibrant-Always Night = Starry sky w/clouds in background (nice effect IMHO)
    Change to:
    Smooth-Always Day = Blue sky w/clouds
    Smooth-Always Night = Blue sky w/clouds
    Change to:
    Minimal-Always Day = Blue sky w/clouds
    Minimal-Always Night = Blue sky w/clouds

But....If your initial setting is say Vibrant-Night and you switch to Smooth-Night then you will see stars. Same for Minimal-Night. In both instances the night stars are superimposed over the day clouds.

Not a deal breaker, but interesting interactions between the display modes. Is the solution (if one is even needed or desired) to change the smooth and minimal zip files in Schemes?
  • Ok Mickjcat, here's my Moto_car.zip file. All you need to do is drop this in the Car folder, under Content, under the main Moto folder on the unit and that should do it. (be sure your mode is set to "car" in settings!)

As you would guess, this will give you the Formula 1 car I'm currently using. I also experimented with the jet, but didn't like it!

Feel free to follow this guideline and try your own!

Good luck!

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B8NtrQ37fzYrOTc4Y2VhNjgtY2YwNC00MTk2LWE2YWMtZDc2MDVkMDZmNTRk&hl=en&authkey=CNntmfoE

BTW~ Camel - you mentioned you liked the race car also...well, here ya go! :wink:
  • Latest revision. (TL Sky Data 4.zip)

Minor tweaks to cosmetics:

- centered date in bottom of speedo area.

- moved speed up so bottom of speed is even with "MPH".

- improved shading/boldness of Altitude.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B8NtrQ37fzYrODdiOTY5NGEtN2I0NC00ZGMyLTg2MzItN2ZhYjU2NDU2NmY4&hl=en&authkey=CMPYzxg
  • I have installed TLs skin TL Sky 3 and while it works "as advertised" I was experimenting a little to see what effect the new day/night sky .bmps would affect or be affected by changing display modes from Vibrant to Smooth or Minimal since the files are labeled for use in Vibrant mode.

It seems you can get different sky effects depending on what setting you were in before changing the display modes or the sky just goes screwy and pixelizes.

Vibrant-Always Day = Blue sky w/clouds
    Vibrant-Always Night = Starry sky w/clouds in background (nice effect IMHO)
    Change to:
    Smooth-Always Day = Blue sky w/clouds
    Smooth-Always Night = Blue sky w/clouds
    Change to:
    Minimal-Always Day = Blue sky w/clouds
    Minimal-Always Night = Blue sky w/clouds

But....If your initial setting is say Vibrant-Night and you switch to Smooth-Night then you will see stars. Same for Minimal-Night. In both instances the night stars are superimposed over the day clouds.

Not a deal breaker, but interesting interactions between the display modes. Is the solution (if one is even needed or desired) to change the smooth and minimal zip files in Schemes?
    Just saw the "cloudy-starry night" (Vincent! ;) )...pretty nice effect! Kind of an Easter Egg.

If you want a reality check, look at some of the early pics way back when. Man, we've sure come far with this, haven't we? IMO, this is the most perfect GPS I've owned. Not quite, but close! (Just need a dang map update and we'll be golden!) :D
  • mickjcat 0 Points
    Ok Mickjcat, here's my Moto_car.zip file. All you need to do is drop this in the Car folder, under Content, under the main Moto folder on the unit and that should do it. (be sure your mode is set to "car" in settings!)

As you would guess, this will give you the Formula 1 car I'm currently using. I also experimented with the jet, but didn't like it!

Feel free to follow this guideline and try your own!

Good luck!

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B8NtrQ37fzYrOTc4Y2VhNjgtY2YwNC00MTk2LWE2YWMtZDc2MDVkMDZmNTRk&hl=en&authkey=CNntmfoE

BTW~ Camel - you mentioned you liked the race car also...well, here ya go! :wink:

Thank you so much for the file, I got it loaded ....don't know where mine went :?....I am fast and loose with this crazy stuff :lol:
    I was gone for a while, and then I had to find a new data file cause I lost my sky files....lord have mercy....but it sure is fun when it works. I now have a race car, clouds, stars, info on the face of the moto in an orderly fashion. I did lose my start up that had a fancy motonav graphics, the one before the rainbow line,(very cool) to the bomb... :wink:
    Again, thanks so much! I am also learning more about windows folder, file sequences.
  • Glad it worked for you! Its good to share the Moto fun!
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    @TL - Thanks for your latest V4. It is pretty much all I have wanted or need.

@TL, RR, or BT -

Did you run across the possibility of changing the incremental adjustments of the angle arrows (up/down) that are used on the Explore map screen? A smaller adjustment per arrow tap would help adjust the sky screens so the top edge of the bmp could meet the top of the PND screen edge and allow the entire sky bmp to be visible without a solid color band at the top or if positioned higher then losing clouds or stars? Hope I am explaining it clearly?
  • I agree with you, tho I had not considered previously. Need to look at the code and see where this is addressed ( BT and Sr are far better equipped for this than me knowledge wise! Feel free to chime in Fellas!).
    But I think it's a great idea.
  • @spyder
    In the data.zip

The camera/overview controls are in the ui_motonav_pnd/854_358/skin_config.ini
    (This controls the camera pitch and zoom for turns and is speed regulated)

The map zoom feature controls are in the /Project_config/motorola_pnd.ini
    ([map])

I've adjusted the skin_config.ini in my skin to match another program that I like...My plan is to add a preset low, reg, high visibility button to the map that will allow the map zoom to adjust the angle for better sky view. Again, many things are personal, so play away :)
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    OK. Thanks for the info. I neglected to mention, and I'm sure all are aware, that to maintain the proper map pitch when in a route or just driving that AutoZoom needs to be turned off. I assume that the presets you mention will be designed to allow AutoZoom to be on and then it will always go to a desirable angle. That sounds good to me.

Edit - What do your changes in skin_config.ini do differently than standard Moto? I guess I never really did much adjusting using your last version to notice anything different.
  • The last changes adjust how the camera zoom and angle change when approaching an intersection, turn, or exit. This is separate from the map angles which the camera (viewpoint) is based.

It's a balancing act to find the right mix of both.

If you want to explore the changes I made....compare an origional skin.ini vs the one I modified.
  • mickjcat 0 Points
    edited March 2011
    Glad it worked for you! Its good to share the Moto fun!
    Okay, Mr. Wizard I mean Lizard :wink: Lemme ask you this,

1. If I want to use the latest v.4 you made, would it supersede the current data file I have, but leave for instance, the car, sky, or would it have to tweak the contents\scheme again? Or is the contents folder unchanged with the new data folder? (UPDATE) Okay, I think maybe I needed sky 3 first, (and I think I will stick with it for now) because it works great, just putting in sky4 didn't give me the latest graphics...who knows.
    Anyway, I am happy for now! (UPDATE 2) I put sky 4 in and it works now. Thanks for bearing with me.....

2. And if I wanted to change the car, would I grab the one I wanted put it in Moto_car.zip and remove your race car? I do like the race car though, really I am just trying to learn the in's and outs of changing things. By the way, where do I change the house Icon to your house? I know you must feel like you are talking to a 1st grader, (hopefully there are others out there that may be in the same boat as me and follow the teachings) :lol:
  • gleb 0 Points
    ThunderLizard, great job. Just a small note, the time should be driven by 24 hours/ AM/PM setting in the time/settings, but you have it hardcoded to AM/PM only Could you please adjust it? (Also a little larger font would be a bit easier on the eyes :-)

Thank you.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Well, that is an interesting observation of the 12 hour vs. 24 hour format. I would say since probably 99.9% of users are happy with AM/PM it may be something you might want to fix yourself. All these skins are mostly based on personal preference of the author and the rest of us (until we learn to fish) just take what we can get. :) But, perhaps TL or RR or BT will accept the challenge. IMHO.
  • mahammel 41 Points
    in the fwiw column, i am using the cloud version and i have beautiful cloudless skys.

maybe it has to do with the southern lat/lon. maybe the sky master is jealous?

what version do i want to d/l now? i'll settle for all the fixes/corrrections and i'll live with 12 hour clock!

i want a 42 Merc hot rod though. (or equiv)

My (usless) Camel
  • gleb 0 Points
    Spyder63, you are absolutely right. It was just a suggestion. I started using 24 hours format when I realize that it saves screen real-state by convening the same info with less number of characters. Guys doing terrific job. Speaking about fishing, I keep promising someday do look into the way script works, but never seem to have time. For example, I found that numbers to the left and the right of the street name are enormously helpful. The only problem is that they "don't fit" when the current street name is a little longer. I vaguely remember that knowing the length of a string and the font one could calculate the width of the string in pixels (in VB it was fairly trivial). If it can be done in the script, then the numbers can be put closer to the current street name, like <513> Main Street <514>, and would be visible for longer street names (just another little suggestion :roll:)
  • mahammel 41 Points
    however and it's just my observation, it's not really necessary to have the odd/even numbers. only the left hand (what, odd maybe) number need to be visible-if at all. the presumption of oposiing #'s is natural and requires no addition brain cell activity (called: phfarts). but that's my opinion
  • gleb 0 Points
    mahammel, I am not sure of implementation details of this feature in the script, but in practice I've seen streets where odd and even numbers do not exactly correspond..
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Not to mention that we are at the mercy of the map provider and the house numbers rarely correspond to the real world, especially in a moving vehicle. My street numbers were extrapolated by Navteq and are completely bass awkwards to reality.
  • mahammel 41 Points
    well shucks then.
    1. why have them
    2. if you do why have both when 1 or 2 will be wrong?

what am i missing here?
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Haven't you ever wondered why the pizza delivery guy is always late? Now, your beer man is another story. He's been coming twice a week since before the compass was invented, right? :wink: :lol: :lol:
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    in the fwiw column, i am using the cloud version and i have beautiful cloudless skys.

maybe it has to do with the southern lat/lon. maybe the sky master is jealous?

what version do i want to d/l now? i'll settle for all the fixes/corrrections and i'll live with 12 hour clock!

i want a 42 Merc hot rod though. (or equiv)

My (usless) Camel
    The two files needed for the day/night sky came from blueTOOTH v3/v4. I think I have decent instructions in the Sticky.

The two needed files are called Vibrant_Moto.zip and Vibrant-night_Moto.zip (in content/scheme/ folder)

- copy these two .zip files to the /motonav/content/scheme/folder on the PND. You can overwrite the old ones with the same names. If you ever want to go back you can get them from an earlier backup or skin.
  • gleb 0 Points
    I found the numbers very helpful - even when they are off a little, they give a fair idea where on the street I am most of the time.
  • mahammel 41 Points
    The two files needed
    that small detail answers it. so it actually has nothong to do with the fact that the PND is located in the south. hmmmmm. how 'bout them jugs (oops. apples)

My (missing files) Camel
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    I found the numbers very helpful - even when they are off a little, they give a fair idea where on the street I am most of the time.

Are you the pizza delivery guy? :wink:

I have had several PNDs over the past 15 years that have had this feature and have just found that the combination of some bad map data and the fact that an automotive gps uses "snap to road" algorithm to place your position on the road/map and you aren't really there as far as the gps knows, but you're pretty close. With the Motonav this is more of a problem than other brands of gps simply because the data Motorola bought from Navteq is of lower grade.

Here's an article elsewhere on this site: Snap to Roads
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    The two files needed

that small detail answers it. so it actually has nothong to do with the fact that the PND is located in the south. hmmmmm. how 'bout them jugs (oops. apples)

My (missing files) Camel

Nope. And you can't blame it on Area 51 this time either! :roll:
  • mickjcat 0 Points
    Got a chance to start playing... here are my new loading exiting screens
    Everyone should start playing.
    Did you post the rainbow startup also? I had it at one point, now it is the fuse to the bomb? I would like to tweak it if I could back to the rainbow, what can I say, I'm a girl..... :lol:
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    @mickjcat
    The bomb was blueTOOTH's.
    The multicolored rainbow startup bar to the bomb was mine.
    That was DATA_RR(6.7)

This Is DATA_RR[6.8]

This is what I am using now. It has a different sky for the day and night screen from the blueTOOTH version. The Photo is showing the view in full tilt so you can see the clouds go all the way to the top of the Nav screen. When you are on the screen for 3D use the Pan buttons for left / right to see how the Clouds move. The Rainbow bar on opening Instead of the fuse and a few other mods you will notice. Color for the settings button in the main menu because I use this alot. More color when using the mute button. Two story house for home navigation button. Speed and Next turn Bars bright blue. All of the buttons on the main screen are invisible and still function. Example: The Microphone, the eye, the plus and minus buttons and if you haven't read previous post on other skins, touch the Time, Date, and Speed to see additional screens that will pop up for the shortcut without having to access the main menu. Welcome, glad you were able to get the skins working on your PND. I am always working on something new in my spare time and still have some work to do on the fonts in the Dashboard. Read through the Post and the Sticky, a lot of the modifications have instructions to help with your own modifications. For those that want things a little different on their own PND to tailor it to their personal taste. Nothing more satisfying than to say you did it yourself.

Here is the Link:

http://bit.ly/eql7VY

Ramrod 8)
  • @ Sr...

I like your sky a lot! Seems a bit more interesting. Hope you don't mind, but preferring my own skin (that sounds weird, doesn't it?? :shock: ) I'm gonna snatch your sky files and add them to mine!

I'd like to snatch the Rainbow start up too... (just need to find where you put the files!)
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Aren't the sky files (Vibrant_Moto.zip and Vibrant-night_Moto.zip ) in content/scheme/ folder) which are not included in RRs DATA.zip?

If we ask nicely and send him some Omaha Steaks maybe he will upload them???
    :roll: :lol:
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    @ Sr...

I like your sky a lot! Seems a bit more interesting. Hope you don't mind, but preferring my own skin (that sounds weird, doesn't it?? :shock: ) I'm gonna snatch your sky files and add them to mine!

I'd like to snatch the Rainbow start up too... (just need to find where you put the files!)
    Hmmmmm a Snatch Thief ..... :roll: :shock: :lol: Not a Problem.

That is the whole Idea. Take bits and pieces from whatever Data.zip and make it your own. :lol: I am glad more people are learning how to fish and do their own Mods. For the Rainbow Bar go to 854_358 /loading_progressbar.bmp

@ Spyder,
    Aren't the sky files (Vibrant_Moto.zip and Vibrant-night_Moto.zip ) in content/scheme/ folder) which are not included in RRs DATA.zip?

For the Sky if the DATA.zip is not loaded on your PNG.

DATA_RR 6.8/gfx/bt /Day/sky/sky3
    DATA_RR 6.8/gfx/bt/Night/sky/nsky3

Ok guys you have the bait. Time now to go fishing............

Omaha Steaks? You are making my mouth water....

Ramrod 8)
  • mahammel 41 Points
    i don't understsand (what's new?)

what files go in to the vibrant zip files?

my vibrant_moto has:
    color.ini
    content.nng
    dayheightcolormap.bmp and that's all

my vibrant_night_moto has:
    color.ini
    content.nng
    nightheightcolormap.bmp

help this dense, old man

and RR:

where do i find these?
    DATA_RR 6.8/gfx/bt /Day/sky/sky3
    DATA_RR 6.8/gfx/bt/Night/sky/nsky3
    i located your 6; 6.1; 6.4 in google documents (i'm still now exactly sure why i found them). but i don't find 6.8 day or night
  • mahammel 41 Points
    okay. before you rub my left nostril in it.

i began reading the links and think i know where to go. the problem "I" have, is that it's all too confusing. but that's MY problem. ya'll have done your homework and have taught us what we need to know.

my error--mea culpa--my "el screwo-upo"

thanks TL,RR,Arac,catman,BT,gleb and all the others that have assisted/aided in our hours (and hours) of need.

My (needy) Humpmaster
  • mickjcat 0 Points
    I have tried and tried to load the sky files from your 6.8 file to my current skin, no luck, let me ask you this:

If I wanted to load your whole file, would the new sky be on it without trying to figure out how to get it on the contents scheme, folder? I am having the biggest brain f....
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    @RamRod - Are you saying we do not need to make any changes to our Vibrant_Moto.zip & Vibrant-night_Moto.zip files to make add your Sky files?

In looking at BT's instructions from an earlier post:

Advanced option:
    If you have a current skin and would just like to add the sky feature (from his skin):
    Extract the "gfx" folder from the data_bt_1d.zip and add it to your current data.zip + copy the Vibrant_Moto.zip & Vibrant-night_Moto.zip to the /motonav/content/scheme/ folder on the pna.

I tried adding your entire gfx folder to my DATA.zip (which is TL's Sky Data 3) and I got some load error that went away before I could read it. Some "missing file" I believe.

I will continue to grope my way here, but.....
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    @mickjcat - A little constructive criticism - if you were giving mahammel the URL to RR's v6.8 it would have save a bit of server space to just copy and past the URL and not quote the entire post with the screenshot. :roll: It also makes users scroll a bit more when navigating the page.

Camel's have poor eyesight so I will re-post it here for him in case he missed it:

http://bit.ly/eql7VY :lol:
  • mahammel 41 Points
    i like the skin but still don't know what files to put in to the vivid zips. and i like your car, can i use it? where do you have the auto posted? (or do you)
  • mickjcat 0 Points
    Sorry about that, as you can see I struggle with even just posting a message :oops:
    Thanks for your help.
    By the way, do you know if I will still have get into the contents scheme folder to load the new sky on rr8 or will it show up with the new data file? I can't seem to get it to load on my current sky4 file.
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points

:roll: :lol:
    Yes, that is where blueTOOTH set it up. At the last of the script in the color/Configurations Settings it sets up the order for it to run.

[other]
    sky="gfx/day/sky.spr"
    background_picture_0="gfx/bt/day/sky/sky3.bmp"

[other]
    sky="gfx/night/sky.spr"
    background_picture_0="gfx/bt/night/sky/nsky3.bmp"

NOTE: IF YOU HAVE INSTALLED blueTOOTH'S MOD FOR SKIES. You can install your own sky mod following these folders/files.

@ mahammel,

This is the order of the Folders and Files in your PND. You may want to go to the Sticky and read blueTOOTH'S install instructions if you are having trouble following the folder/file structure.

Motonav/DATA/gfx/bt /Day/sky/sky3.bmp
    Motonav/DATA/gfx/bt/Night/sky/nsky3 .bmp

Just rename your .bmp to sky3.bmp and nsky3.bmp

Here is a link for some more sky.bmp files that will work.

http://bit.ly/fmN3XX

Just open the gfx.zip and search for the .bmp files you wish to use.

Ramrod 8)
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    Sorry about that, as you can see I struggle with even just posting a message :oops:
    Thanks for your help.
    By the way, do you know if I will still have get into the contents scheme folder to load the new sky on rr8 or will it show up with the new data file? I can't seem to get it to load on my current sky4 file.
    Just rename your DATA.zip for example My_DATA.zip Install example DATA_RR 6.8.zip and rename it as DATA.zip or DATA just make sure it is not as DATA.zip.zip and the new one will work with the new skies, or check out the previous post.

Ramrod 8)
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    i like the skin but still don't know what files to put in to the vivid zips. and i like your car, can i use it? where do you have the auto posted? (or do you)
    Nothing to put in. The sky will install with the DATA_RR6.8
    You only have to do the other mods if you want the new sky with your current skin you are running, But you have to have blueTOOTH'S sky mod already installed on your current SKIN ( DATA.zip) to do so. Check the Sticky for instructions.
    Which is what I installed on my DATA.zip prior to the changes I made to my sky.bmp I used.

The car came from the stuff DHL posted earlier on how to install cars.

My ......Confused........Ramrod 8) :lol:
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    If you transfer/load RR's v6.8 (renamed DATA.zip) you will see the new day and night sky. I just did, but as he mentioned current version has screwed up some of the fonts in the Dashboard mostly for mileage numerals, but others are affected as well.
  • mahammel 41 Points
    naw. doesn't work that way for moi.

i have the data.zip fine and dandy. inside data.zip are the sky 1, 2 3, etc. dot bmp's.

do i delete sky (and there are 3 of them i think for some reason) dot bmp and rename the "3" dot bmp as sky????

i got the 2 story house (cute!) and no eye and no microphone and no arrows and no nothing WHICH INCLUDES NO CLOUDS. i know i'm missing something simple.

i don't have any subdirectories called gfx or anything like that anywhere.

what i be doing wrong?
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    @ spyder and ThunderLizard,

Let me know how it goes, if you are able to follow my instructions. There seems to be a lot of confusion in the air today.....It must have blown in with the wind from areas unknown. The gfx.zip has a lot of different sky.bmp files to play with even some under the folders for the different seasons.

Ramrod 8)