This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Motorola MotoNav TN765T Skin

Comments

• dhave 0 Points
    O.K., TL. Got it. Thanks!
  • mahammel 41 Points
    Me Two

My (Got It) Camel
  • mahammel 41 Points
    Thar's silence in them thar hills. (1830's talk)

wassup? (2012 talk)

we done gived up? (redneck talk)

My (me no talk) Camel
  • BruPri 0 Points
    Ok, I'll bite! Just updated the skin on my unit and it looks just great! I have the clouds n' everythang. Is there a way to edit the code to make the speed limit and for that matter, all the text a bit larger?
  • Ok, I'll bite! Just updated the skin on my unit and it looks just great! I have the clouds n' everythang. Is there a way to edit the code to make the speed limit and for that matter, all the text a bit larger?

there is, but you run into issues of having enough room for the larger font.
    What were you thinking of doing?
  • BruPri 0 Points
    I have a hard time seeing the top and bottom text (cross street/road yer on, respectively) The two little info boxes in the upper right would be nicer a bit larger as well...for my old eyes.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    :idea: Possibly a simpler alternative would be to move the gps closer to your eyes. :shock: :lol:

Sometimes I mount mine to the left side of the windshield, next to the A-pillar. Have to do that in my S-10 as I cannot get any satellite reception in the middle of the dash, but my eyes aren't getting any younger either!
  • mahammel 41 Points
    hmmmmm great idea. and the speedometer can mover closer to you also.

hey, move the radio because my hearing is worsening.

oh. and drive faster so the road and everyone on it gets closer, faster.

My (sarcastic) Camel
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Camel - Here's a thought: on the radio V stands for Volume. Just turn it up!
    Hearing loss cured! But you don't get to park in the Handicapped spots anymore either. But when you are walking away from your car people won't mutter loudly "must be a mental handicap!", so that embarrassment goes away. Everyone wins!

And no need to drive faster and spend more money on gas, just turn your outside rear mirror around since Objects in mirror are Closer than they Appear!

:roll: :lol:
  • mahammel 41 Points
    arac, i knew i could depend on you to resolve my issues :P

Merced
  • BruPri 0 Points
    Ok, I'll bite! Just updated the skin on my unit and it looks just great! I have the clouds n' everythang. Is there a way to edit the code to make the speed limit and for that matter, all the text a bit larger?

So, assuming there is a line of code that manipulates the particular fonts in question, is it all or nothing or can it be made slightly larger?
  • Hi. Just picked up a 765 and love it. I've updated to V6.8 skin and would like to tweak some code. Many thanks to all your efforts. This is a great PND!

I would like to change the speedo background color. I've found the file, need help with the line location of the code.

I'd also like to make the icons above the speedo transparent, if anyone could help me with the file and line.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
  • dhave 0 Points
    Hi. Just picked up a 765 and love it. I've updated to V6.8 skin and would like to tweak some code. Many thanks to all your efforts. This is a great PND!

I would like to change the speedo background color. I've found the file, need help with the line location of the code.

I'd also like to make the icons above the speedo transparent, if anyone could help me with the file and line.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
    So, you got a brand-new GPS and you're already wanting to pimp it. Sounds like you'll fit in well. :D
  • Hi. It's fun to play around with. I have a Garmin Nuvi which is just plain dull compared to the 765. I used to program years ago so the code isn't complete greek to me - but close! Too bad no longer supported but map updates aren't that important to me. I kust ordered a Motorola bluetooth phone so I can have fun with that as well.... I only drive 3 miles to work . I love the 3D and the sky is beautiful. My kids get a kick out of the voice mode - speaking "GO HOME". I love the voice mode! I'm also big on minimalist display, a fading speedo would be cool and turn indicator programmed to appear in sync with the voice prompts would be cool. Do you think Motorola would send us the file layouts......
  • Ok, I'll bite! Just updated the skin on my unit and it looks just great! I have the clouds n' everythang. Is there a way to edit the code to make the speed limit and for that matter, all the text a bit larger?

So, assuming there is a line of code that manipulates the particular fonts in question, is it all or nothing or can it be made slightly larger?
    Well, it would be a complete makeover, of sorts. There are some fonts that get referenced and re-used, but many are item-specific. The problem we will run into is that the individual fields that the font is used in is limited in size and would have to be made larger to accommodate a larger font. It's possible, but it would take a great deal of work to get it to fit and look right. Not impossible, but it would take some time.
  • mahammel 41 Points
    okay guys and gals, where did we put the voice changes? i want to change my broad's messages again. the "slow down" that i changed to "you will fly if you don't slow down" sounds funky. i wanna change it but don't remember where we did that.

thanks.

My (confused) Camel

oh and Hello all, it's been awhile!
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    I found this and like you while we both have been called "slow learners" it turns out we are just "quick forgetters"!!

Since my HD crashed I lost all the good notes I had been keeping. :twisted: I need to go download Notepad+++ again and I already forgot the names of the other apps that are helpful.... :?:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now you can have Samantha Say what you want her to say. Others may like this also.

Motnav/CONTENT/VOICE/Voice_TTS-eng.../info

Script lines 29 thru 35 Type in what you want her to say.

EXAMPLE: I changed lines 29 and 33 for testing purposes and it worked.

29. recalulate=" You have missed your turn Route recalculation."
    30. ask_recalulate="Off route! Recalculate?"
    31. offroute="Off route!"
    32. traffic_jam="Traffic jam ahead."
    33. overspeed="You are driving too damn fast and over the speed limit."
    34. gps_signal_lost="GPS signal lost."
    35. gps_disconnect="GPS disconnected."

So, not happy with what she says?
    You choose just change the text between the " "
    Happy Modifications...Remember Courtesy or Ramrod...........

Use your imagination Ooooohhhhh baby turn me around...

Ramrod Cool Laughing
  • mahammel 41 Points
    thanks Arac. i searched but never found it. as far as notes goes...........??

My (no notes) Camel
  • Spyder~

Greenfish Icon Editor and Ipaq Image explorer (both for editing the PNG files).
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    That's them! Thanks. Like the old song says, "You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone!". :lol:
  • ***************New Skin Version 8.1**************

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B8NtrQ37fzYrNWQ5NTRhYTEtYTQzOC00NDM3LWIwOGUtMjFjOTk1Nzk0Njkw&sort=name&layout=list&num=50

This is purely cosmetic tweaks - some subtle changes in color to make the data displayed stand out from the label on the data, and a softening of the color for current and next road. Finally, a change in the address numbers to make them easier to see

Besides that, I did skim off some of the unnecessary code that had been "rem'd out" so the file doesn't take up as much space, but there are no other functionality changes.

I guess what this boils down to is that I'm pretty pleased with the layout and display as it is now, so I don't see much more need tweaks. However, if someone comes up with an idea that may make things better, please share! As time permits, I don't mind taking a stab at something if it makes things better (and the mod is do-able!).

Blessings!
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    I'll get this posted to the Sticky later today. Have to take an old high school buddy out to lunch to celebrate his retirement from IBM - finally. Nasty weather is gone so safe to venture outside once again. I just hope I can get across the creek without ending up it! :) (Actually I may end up down the creek...) Film at Eleven.
  • Link does not work?
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    @TL - Looks like the authorization code is missing once again.

Patience all....he'll fix it as soon as he wakes up from his nap. :lol:
  • I just don't get it. I check Share - anyone with link has access...but still no go. :x

Try this...

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B8NtrQ37fzYrNWQ5NTRhYTEtYTQzOC00NDM3LWIwOGUtMjFjOTk1Nzk0Njkw&hl=en&authkey=CIXWj7kG

I think this works! :?
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    I can now see the download page and links, but when I click on Download it does not actually download it. :?: :?: :?: Anybody else still having trouble or is it just me?

I musta goofed up somwhere! :roll:
  • mahammel 41 Points
    ??do a save not a run??

otherwise it's you. i just took it down perfectly
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    I was not even seeing the screen where I had the option to Save or Run. My browser churned for a couple seconds like it was reloading the page and then I just got a blank, white page. After several attempts this morning I finally got it done. Possibly my internet connection was not running fast enough as I have been having some problems lately. Too many nodes on this little network methinks.

I'm off to the Great Spring Carlisle Car Show/Event today so I'm QRT. :D
  • mahammel 41 Points
    you pecker! i'm jealous. once i start getting paid again (company is not doing well needless to say), i'm going to look for an old 'something' for a great, very low price that i can drive around Atlanta when the WX is good. Maybe an MG, or a Sprite or a, oh, i don't know 56 ford or chevy convertible.

ahhhhh old cars. like old women they give you memories of years gone by.

have fun!
  • BTW - I forgot to mention that I tweaked the color for the ground background to provide some more contrast when displaying terrain, (especially mountains) and I changed the color of the water to make it more "watery" (?) :)

Hope y'all likes.
  • mahammel 41 Points
    ah,,,,,,,my blue (read:brown) eyes are watering. can't wait to load it this morning.

did you ever figure out how to embed my hot rod :oops: :?:
  • ThunderLizard, I really like it, but have one minor complaint, which I know I should not do since you have been so generous with your time and efforts, but here goes anyway:
    I cannot click on the microphone icon any more. The eye icon is on top of the microphone, which gives me the 3D settings, which I never use. I use the hands free dialing a lot, and I cannot easily do it any more. Is there a way for me to fix this?
    Everything else is perfect.
  • I'm sorry about that. Yeah, I don't use the VR because it kinda sucks (they all do!) so I was not considerate of the microphone when I did the mods.
    I'll take a look and see if I can pop it up someplace else for you.

BTW - the 3-d icon will allow you to tilt the screen (with auto zoom off) so that you will be able to see the horizon and sky more (for a more realistic view). Check it out!
  • Thanks! I use the VR for "Call a Contact" mostly, since that works pretty well.
    I have used the 3D to do as you suggest, I just do not like it as much as with less tilt. I don't mind not seeing the sky on my GPS.
  • Ok Designengineer - just for you... :)

************ TL Data 8.1a**********

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B8NtrQ37fzYrMmVhYWJkMDUtMzQ5YS00OTQyLTg2NDktNTgyNTRjNGI4YmY0&hl=en&authkey=CKWmsvII

In this revision, I had to move the "Eye" icon because there was not enough space for both the eye and the mic. The "eye" is now next to the speedo area (it has become the "eye in the sky"! Ha!).
    I actually think I like this better - it's not very visible, and it's in an area of the map that does me no good. So now, when you turn on VR, you see the mic in the lower left corner, and it works. When VR is turned off, the map area there is clear.

So, the moral of the story, necessity spawns advancement!

Hope you like it! (and I hope the blasted link works! Please let me know.)
    Blessings!
  • Link works fine.

Thanks so much Thunderlizard. Wow, custom skins, while you wait. I will try it out tonight.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Yep, and way better than brain surgery while you wait! Mahammel and I can attest to that!! :wink: :roll: :lol:
  • Link works fine.

Thanks so much Thunderlizard. Wow, custom skins, while you wait. I will try it out tonight.
    Why, yes! And all for the low, LOW price of...

(you live in St Louis, right? you see, included in my skin mod is a GPS tracking program that sends data back to me with all your banking info...)

of course you know I'm just kidding! But given the current electronic climate, it really doesn't sound too far fetched! :shock:
  • Perfect! Works like a charm. Thanks for making this GPS perfect. Now, if you could just update those maps....
  • ...if someone could figure out a way to do that, they could quit their day job! :lol:

Glad you like the mod. I'm using it now too! (i kinda like the "eye in the sky").
  • roadmate 0 Points
    Thunderlizard The link for your latest skin is not working.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Which one doesn't work?

Did you try the one in the Sticky at the top of the forum? Try: http://bit.ly/itPHv7 It just worked for me with no problem and it is just a shortened version pointing to the same long URL location that TL posted at his Google site.
  • roadmate 0 Points
    Google just gives me a blank page when i click download and IE says webpage cannot be found.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Now that you explain it better...... I had similar experience earlier today and after several attempts it just started to work. I have no idea what the problem was or a solution to offer. As my dear old mother used to say, "If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again." :D
  • mahammel 41 Points
    "If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again."
    qsa 5

worked for me the first time even after the surgery. must be the operator.

My (half eaten Ham) Camel
  • I just tried it and it popped right up. Be sure you copy the whole link, and don't include any spaces at the end (just in case).

Good luck!
  • mahammel 41 Points
    well, you know how these computer illiterates are.

say la vee
  • roadmate 0 Points
    The link works fine. Its when you click to download the file that the page can not be found or a blank page on google chrome. I would love to try Thunderlizards new skin but the download part of the link is broken.
  • pandd15 0 Points
    I have the same problem roadmate, I tried my work computer and home computer, same thing.

Kudos to all of you that have had a hand in making the awesome skins. Thanks!!!