This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Motorola MotoNav TN765T Skin

Comments

• RAMRODSR 41 Points
    edited June 2011
    @ Spyder,

Thanks for the info of being able to edit again. The new option is much better than no edit at all.

@ josephab,

Here is the path to follow.

Save Data.zip to your desktop.

Data/ui_motorola_pnd/854_358/ui/navigatemap_854_358

open navigatemap_854_358 with Notepad++ or Notepad go to edit/find next and type in color=#FF9900 click find next (This is the orange color). Replace with color=#F F F F F F (this will be white). Continue until all have been changed. Save changes and install the revised Data.zip Choose Ok to copy and replace the previous Data.zip. Your font will now be white instead of orange.

FYI the bright green color is 00FF00 if you wish to make changes there also.

NOTE: This post made it appear to have spaces between the F's for the white. However no spaces are to be used.

Good luck!

I am leaving tomorrow for a trip to Arkansas. To try out the Modifications on the Road.

Ramrod :D
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    i can't think that fast!
    Did you notice the new colors for the Start up screen?

I rearranged them.

Ramrod
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    @ josephab,

You will also have to copy the file navigatemap_854_358 to the desktop in order to make the changes to it. Save the changes and replace it in the proper place in the Data.zip then replace the Data.zip to the Motonav.

Oopppppps the 15 min. edit rule got me.

Ramrod :oops:
  • josephab 0 Points
    I have maps version 2009Q4. I wonder if update is ever available. Did Moto officially declare TN765T is dead? Then at least calls to Google should be made available for free, the ones that were on for 3 months since purchase. Or somebody can hack it?
  • moondog151 41 Points
    Thanks for map info, the last new unit I had gotten, also had the 2009 Q4 maps pre-installed.
    No, Motorola has not officially declared the 765t dead. The main reason this idea has been floating around for a long time is because the Customer Support people don`t really have a clue as how to diagnose any specific problems with any of the TN series of thier PND`s. Since thier generic answer to almost all problems, is to just send the unit back for a replacement. Because of thier lack of knowledge on thier units, that`s how/why this assumption has been established, even tho some of the CS people had TN 565`s issued directly to them, to learn on.
    As for the Google search and POI abilitity to send from Google Maps, that function is part of the Motoextras package which can be renewed via the Official Motextas site, that cost is $49.95 per year, or, $99.95 for 3 years.....
  • josephab 0 Points
    Thank you, RAMRODSR, very much. I changed font colors per your advice successfully.
    BTW, where did you find associations between colors and Hex Code?
    Josephab
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    @ josephab,

here is a link that should give you plenty of color choices.

http://immigration-usa.com/html_colors.html

Ramrod
  • mahammel 41 Points
    Did you notice the new colors for the Start up screen?

I rearranged them.

Ramrod
    I did not. Sorry and many thanks :lol:

My (looks GREAAAAT-Tony the Tiger) Camel
  • mahammel 41 Points
    i have not been able to figure out why this is happening.

Randomly (or so it appears) a time appears over the ETA area. it looks like the time in the left hand bar. i.e. 3:07 and, like the countdown bar, it's formatted with the (example) 3 above the :07

---but it's not the same time. it's a few minutes less than the countdown bar on the left. very strange. i think i can make it go away by expanding the left side, then returning it to hidden. it could be timing with the open/close, but heck, i dunno. wierd.

also,

can anyone tell me HOW the left countdown time vertical bar is supposed to work :?: it doesn't make sense to me. Anyone :?:

My (confused) Camel
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    The vertical bar on the left is for approximate time left to destination. As you get closer to your destination the time will get smaller and the graph and time will move toward the top of the screen. In the photo there is 05:36 (5 hrs 36 min) to travel 317.4 miles

Can you post a photo of what you are seeing over the eta area? Above the eta should be the distance to the next turn as seen in the photo. I hope this helps.

Ramrod :)
  • mahammel 41 Points
    Can you post a photo of what you are seeing over the eta area?
    actually it's random and only when en route, as best i can tell

envision the "05:36" with the 05 over the :36 as in the remaining time; white characters. only they're superimposed over the eta, the time and the distance. the same color; the same size only overlaid on the eta,time and distance. the funny thing is the time is NOT the exact time. it appears to be abouut 5 minutes less. you can watch the time on the left count down, minute by minute but this 'freezes' and sometimes just goes away and some times it's there. it's weird. like a mis-timed ghost.

i understand it's purpose-to give you agraphic display of remaining time. but what i don't understand about the remaining time bar on the left is how it decides when it displays the red horizontal time bar and where it decides to put it. when time elapses is does move upward but then the bars range must change because the red horizontal bar moves back down and the span apparently changes. i still concentrate on traffic (how strange, eh?) so when i look over at the bar graph briefly, i start thinking a bout it and forget the traffic.

thansk for askign but don't give it a thought. it's just a blip on the scope of life :idea:

My (thinking) Camel
  • mahammel 41 Points
    oh, hey ARAC!

i've gone through a Xoom and a Blackberry Play book. sent them both back. both have their limitations. but i gotta tell you, ANDROID is a powerful OS. it will take over the tablet market---or the appearance and functionality will be copied, 'cause it's great and many apps seem to be small in coding and operates rapidly! RIM's OS is "okay" and very secure, which is what makes them attractive. the playbook works flawlessly with my STORM but they have not resolved how to transfer data from the STORM to the playbook and keep it there when they're not bridged. Can't operate my MS Office directly from the Playbook. bummer. but i can use my data time with the playbook to surf using a special version of browser that they supply.

the xoom is cool but there are no good MS Office apps yet and you can't bridge it with anything so you have to use more data time.

aw never mind. i'm rambling on in the wrong venue.

the xoom IS a Motorola anyway :roll: :roll:

My (Tablet crazy) Camel
  • Hi guys I just purchased a TN765 and cannot log on to the toolbox to get any updates, I can get logged on to motoextras, but toolbox doesn't recognize the user and password. By the way I have read through this entire thread, and am really impressed with the improvements that have been made to this unit, if time permits tomorrow I plan to download the latest and try it out on
    our trip from San Antonio to Disney in Florida starting early Sunday. If anyone can offer detailed info on download and install, it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, going to catch some Z's
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Have you looked at these "Help" FAQs for a possible solution?

https://motonav.naviextras.com/shop/portal/howto-guide?guide=Toolbox&live.ui.locale.code=en
  • No I haven't, I've been real busy trying to get ready for this trip. Hopefully I will get a chance to view the FAQ's some time tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.
  • Eugeno 0 Points
    Hello, I bought my TN765T last week and I'm loving it so far, way more detailed than my old Garmin, however is there a way to change the splash screen? It was so easy with the Garmin just copy and paste the image and change it under settings. The TN765 doesn't seem to have that option.
  • mahammel 41 Points
    @Ramrod
    Can you post a photo of what you are seeing over the eta area? Above the eta should be the distance to the next turn as seen in the photo. I hope this helps.
    well i finally got a photo (poor as it may be).

RAMMY:can i BC it to you?

My (forgotted how) Camel
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Mikey - email it to me and I can send it on to RR.

Did you do anything on Field Day? Had a good time up here eating steaks and sleeping in the woods as usual.

Oh yeah, managed to make a few Qs too!

:roll:
  • mahammel 41 Points
    you should have it by now.

guess i can't send PMs. not that i have anything to say.

no. i haven't even turned on the rig for 3 months or so. i'm sure i wouldn't remember how to tune it :oops:

at least the antenna is still up or i think it is. haven't been to the lake in 3 weeks either and we've had some hellatious storms down here.

i should get the latest skinss and i think they have some of the pit stops in them.

ah well.

My (sigh) Camel
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    @ mahammel,

I see what you are talking about with the white numerals over the eta screen. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this problem?

I had it happen to me once. I don't know what caused it and it hasn't done it since. However I am always changing data.zips every few days. You might try downloading the data.zip again and reloading it, it may have had a glitch or something, or Load the new release of TL's 8.1aB or whatever release it was from blueTOOTH with the gas stations and fast food poi's, to see if the problem happens with a different data.zip. If you still have the same problem with a different data.zip it is some other file on your pnd causing the problem. I am currently using the RR6.9 data, but I have made a few small changes since I released it. I am not having the issue you are getting. If you want what I am currently using I can upload it for you. Just let me know.

Ramrod :?
  • mahammel 41 Points
    Mr. RR. i would be deeply in debitededed to thee if you could send your latest and greatest to me.

merci a lot

My (French Linguist) Camel
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    Ok mahammel,

Here is the link of what I am currently using.

http://bit.ly/lim87N

Happy Navigating !!!

• mahammel 41 Points
    got it.

grassy a.. my friend.

she she ni

My (multi-lingual) Camel
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Ok mahammel,

Here is the link of what I am currently using.
    http://bit.ly/lim87N
    Happy Navigating !!!

Are BTs branded icons included in this version or will users have to add them?
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    The icons should be there. They are working for me with this version. However give it a try Spyder and let me know if they are working for you. I did load BT's newest poi icon zip to this version. You can just rename the data.zip you are using and leave it in motonav before installing and renaming this one. I keep several loaded on mine so I can swap them out. I seem to run a different one about every three or four days. It makes me feel like I have a new gps each time. lol.....

@ mahammel,

Let me know if this solves your problem with the eta screen.

Ramrodsr
  • mahammel 41 Points
    will do RR. thanks. i have the new DATA.zip installed but won't be out till tomorrow to test.

i see 3 .icon files: Fast Food, Petro station and Brand. are these the ones you just mention to Arac (DBA Spyder)?

My (excited) Camel---and with the excitement comes excretion.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    The icons should be there. They are working for me with this version. However give it a try Spyder and let me know if they are working for you. I did load BT's newest poi icon zip to this version. You can just rename the data.zip you are using and leave it in motonav before installing and renaming this one. I keep several loaded on mine so I can swap them out. I seem to run a different one about every three or four days. It makes me feel like I have a new gps each time. lol.....

@ mahammel,

Let me know if this solves your problem with the eta screen.

Ramrodsr
    Just installed your DataRR 6.9A and have to report that the Fast_Food icons are missing. Gas/Petrol stations show up OK. Is there a chance you did not get BTs latest version that is compatible with my PND actually installed in this version? Later I could try installing the latest iteration of fast_foods directly into your zip and see what happens. Weather is too nice this evening so I think I will go hop on the GoldWing and take a run down to Gettysburg and back. I enjoy riding the battlefield at sunset. That's when the ghosts come out!!
  • mahammel 41 Points
    Boo. :shock:

ride a one humper sometime. then you'll really be ghostly.

Happy Trails To You, Until...............

My (frightened) Camel
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    I thought I had loaded the new poi in that zip but I checked and it was the old one. I will post another link with the new poi loaded in the zip. Right now my internet is running very slow for the upload.

Enjoy the ride..... What effect do the ghost have on the windshield?

Ramrod :oops:
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    Here is the link for the version with the newest fast food poi and gas stations

http://bit.ly/jixyFG

• mahammel 41 Points
    once again, thanks RR!

My (Grateful) Camel
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Here is the link for the version with the newest fast food poi and gas stations

http://bit.ly/jixyFG

That fixed it! Petrol and Fast_Food are all there now. Thanks.
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    Great, glad it is working for you.
  • Hi, just wanted to let you know we finally completed the trip to Disney, the TN765 was a big help, I looked over the FAQ's and got the help I needed to get logged in to toolbox. Thanks

Is there a location with step by step instructions for installing the upgrades referred to on this thread, including communicating with the TN765?
  • blueTOOTH 0 Points
    I'd like to add the TN565t folks to the skin updates....does anyone have a data.zip?
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    @Galiano -

From a previous post: Wed May 11, 2011 3:25 am   
    I finally figured out how to download from Google. You had to be signed into your Gmail account. Duh!

Try setting up an account if you don't have one.
  • mickjcat 0 Points
    Hey Guys,

Just checking in it's been a while....love the new skin Ramrodsr! Downloaded it without a flaw! You have been a very good teacher, it was like getting on a bike again! Sky is great, and I love the trees :) Start up screen is fun, new colors on the icons are great! Ok, I am through....wait I like the mansion for home..;)

I will have to take it for a ride to see the poi icons.

Thanks again to Ramrodsr, Spyder63, Camel, Thunderlizard, moondog etc. you guys are the best!
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Nice to see you are still vertical! Lot's has been going on since Motorola pretty much dumped us. But the Motonav will live on thanks to RR, TL, and of course the "new kid on the block", BlueTOOTH. He's taking us on a star course and exploring new worlds we have never known! :lol: 8)
  • mickjcat 0 Points
    Oh my gosh, many apologies to Bluetooth......don't know what I was thinking..... :oops: You are the man!

Thanks Spyder for the heads up!
  • Oh my gosh, many apologies to Bluetooth......don't know what I was thinking..... :oops: You are the man!

Thanks Spyder for the heads up!
    Hey mickjcat! Good to have ya back! :D

(where ya been?? :shock: )

Oh, and yeah, while I may be on the books for a skin tweak, BT and RamRod SR have really been the driving force behind the advancement and continued viability of the great MotoNav! I yield and give full credit where credit is due.
    :wink:
  • mickjcat 0 Points
    Good to see you are all still kicking too! I don't get my email updates sometimes for the forum when there is a new post and I also was happy with TLskydata 7.2, so there you have it :lol:

I really like the new Ramrodsr skin though, may just go back and forth between the two.

I will try to keep up with the forum, you all are fun to read even if nothing is updated :wink:
  • mcx6 0 Points
    Could someone please let me know what I am doing wrong, I have installed both RAMRODSR 6.8AB and ThunderLizard 8.1a by changing the zip to data and putting it motonav folder and I have selected vibrant in setting / display. I do not see the clouds in the sky. Looks like all the other skin changes work. Are there other files that I have to download and install or replace?
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    I'll defer to TL or BT to reply with a more definitive answer, but have you done a "paperclip Reset" - with reset button on bottom?
  • mcx6 0 Points
    I'll defer to TL or BT to reply with a more definitive answer, but have you done a "paperclip Reset" - with reset button on bottom?
    Thanks for the quick reply Spyder63, I did reset with the button on the bottom of the unit, with no go.
  • blueTOOTH 0 Points
    @mcx6

(sorry,,but have to ask) Have you tilted the screen to see the sky? The default screen tilt will not show the horizon.
  • mcx6 0 Points
    @mcx6

(sorry,,but have to ask) Have you tilted the screen to see the sky? The default screen tilt will not show the horizon.
    Yes I did shut down autozoom and tilt down to see the horizon and sky, sky is solid blue with no clouds. Thanks for your reply.
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    You will need to Install Data_bt_1d.zip for the skies to work.

This installation is a little different.
    Read everything below Very Carefully and choose which way you wish to install DATA_bt_1d

Then disconnect and let the unit restart. Touch the eye in the sky, turn off autozoom adjust the tilt and you should see the skies.....If the DATA_bt_1d.zip was installed properly.

blueTOOTH Skins

Forum member blueTOOTH gave us the original "unlock" for the Motonav TN765T and has also made some skin modifications to RamRodSRs versions. His latest available as of (March 3, 2011)
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    blueTOOTH VERSION 1D Download Latest Version: DATA_bt_1d at: http://bit.ly/hp1yxc

For this revision the install process is different. The file you download is a compressed file in .rar format (aka zipped) and contains other content that needs to be copied to the Motonav PND. First thing you must do is "unzip" the above file to reveal the other included files/folders. The included folders and files in the .rar are:
    Content - which contains the folder SCHEMES which contains two files:
    - Vibrant_Moto.zip and Vibrant-night_Moto.zip
    - Data_bt_1d.zip (Do not unzip this file - only rename it)
    - SYS.txt (Suggested you backup the original file prior to install)
    - ReadMe

This is the text in the ReadMe file (blueTOOTH's instructions) with minor edits.

Rename Data_bt_1d.zip to Data.zip
    Copy Data.zip & Content folder & sys.txt to Motonav folder on PND...
    Select "ok" to replace existing files of the same name.

Changes:
    Reworked the camera settings to aid viewpoint when driving
    Increased Simulation trip speeds in Sys.txt
    Disabled Dink and Donk turn maneuver sounds in Sys.txt. Only get voice directions now.
    Added Sky to Day and Star field to Night Vibrant_Moto schemes( you have to select these in settings to see)
    (You will, most of the time, now see it unless driving really fast or use manual tilt function)

If you have made other changes to a previous skin...you will have to make them again... OR see Advanced Option below.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    blueTOOTH's additional Install Instructions

sys.txt (optional! you can keep your old sys.txt if you want...this adds my "tips" that I've posted)
    -copy to your motonav folder on the pna (ok, to overwrite)

data_bt_1d.zip (you must rename this file to data.zip first or it will not work)
    -copy data.zip to your motonav folder on the pna (ok, to overwrite)

Vibrant_Moto.zip and Vibrant-night_Moto.zip (in content/scheme/ folder)
    -copy these two .zip files to the /motonav/content/scheme/folder on the pna (ok, to overwrite)

Path: Computers use paths to find files. Your Motonav is a computer. Files are put in folders to organize them.
    Example: when you connect to your Motonav gps you see the drive "flashdisk" with a folder inside called "Motonav".
    If the instructions say place the DATA.zip in the "Motonav" folder on the pna, you would drag/drop (in effect copy) from your computer the DATA.zip file into this folder. The path for this example for the transfer of the DATA.zip would be /flashdisk/motonav.
    If you are instructed to copy Vibrant_Moto.zip to the SCHEME folder on the pna you would double-click on the "Motonav" folder, double-click on the "Content" folder, and you should see a folder listed, called "SCHEME". You would then, drag/drop the file Vibrant_Moto.zip into this folder called "SCHEME". The path for this example would be: /flashdisk/Motonav/Content/SCHEME.
    Hope this helps others understand how I've written some of the instructions...and sometimes people will refer to "put it in the xxx folder". This may skip some of the instruction..but as you learn the file/folder placement...you'll get the hang of it.

Advanced option:
    If you have a current skin and would just like to add the sky feature:
    Extract the "gfx" folder from the data_bt_1d.zip and add it to your current data.zip + copy the Vibrant_Moto.zip & Vibrant-night_Moto.zip to the /motonav/content/sceme/ folder on the pna.

Welcome back mickjcat and Hello to everyone!!!!!!!

Ramrod 8)
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    You may have to re-install the DATA.zip you wish to use after you install the DATA_bt_1d.zip to get the correct skies intended for The New DATA.zip

Ramrod :? 8)
  • mcx6 0 Points
    You may have to re-install the DATA.zip you wish to use after you install the DATA_bt_1d.zip to get the correct skies intended for The New DATA.zip

Ramrod :? 8)
    Thanks Ramrod, as I see it, I will need to install this: Advanced option:
    If you have a current skin and would just like to add the sky feature:
    Extract the "gfx" folder from the data_bt_1d.zip and add it to your current data.zip + copy the Vibrant_Moto.zip & Vibrant-night_Moto.zip to the /motonav/content/sceme/ folder on the pna. Then use to your latest DATARR(6.9AB)newpoi, renaming it DATA and putting it in motonav folder.

Thanks for your help!
  • mickjcat 0 Points
    Hi ramrodsr, I have your latest skin and added thunderlizards night sky! Love them both! The only glitch is now I have lost my Walle car and now have a blue one......I will work on that later :)