This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Motorola MotoNav TN765T Skin

Comments

• mahammel 41 Points
    edited January 2011
    About the car icon: I figure I can either wait for Motorola to offer a selection of cartoon cars, the way Garmin does, or I can just go out and buy a blue, triangular automobile that sort of waggles from side to side a lot.
    good answer! i wanna see that car! :D

My (carless) Camel

i found one!
  • Then the Camel will only need to wait for another few updates for the car/triangle improvments
    smart aleck :lol:
  • Been lurking for awhile, just joined. Great work on this skin, it is an awesome improvement!

Is it possible to edit a file or files in the zip to get this working on a TN565T? If someone can point me in the right direction I have no problem doing this myself. If not, how can I extract these files off of my Motonav to create my own custom skin?
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Just an FYI - :idea:

I have asked the forum moderators for permission to set up a Revision History sticky that will allow all new (and old) members to track all the changes SCiFi2010 and RAMRODSR have been doing to the Moto skin. (Or anyone else that jumps in with revisions) Also will include easy access to the links to the latest versions. I also asked the mods if the sticky can be kept locked so that it can stay "clean" and devoid of comments. Use the KISS principle, which I think will make life easier. I have a file all ready to go which I think is pretty accurate to date.
  • Not that we have seen posted. Should not hurt anything to try it on a 555/565. Screen size could be an issue and sys.txt file may point the skin to "vantage" as opposed to "astra", which is 4.3 inch units.

This data.zip will not work with 555/565. It contains 854x358 resolution only (765)...to run on 4.3" the resolution folder from 565 will have to be added to data.zip....If someone was to post one...I'm sure it could be added to allow updates for multiple platforms....you'd just have to adjust sys.txt to assign resolution folder for your specific unit.
    Is there a resolution folder in the data.zip? I can't seem to find one, this cant be too hard to get this working for us 5xx users.
  • Is there a resolution folder in the data.zip? I can't seem to find one, this cant be too hard to get this working for us 5xx users.
    No, there is not a folder named resolution. The folder for the TN765T is 854_358 then open the ui folder and you will see all the files are followed by the 854_358. Most of the work to modify the Skin is done with the navigatemap_854_358 file. I do not have a TN565T to explore but you are probably looking for a file like 480_270and then the ui folder that has all of the files followed by the 480_270 resolution.

I hope this will be of some help.

Ramrodsr
  • I'm really liking all the activity here, Fellas! Keep it going! The power of creative minds is a wonderful thing! :D :D :D
  • Is there a resolution folder in the data.zip? I can't seem to find one, this cant be too hard to get this working for us 5xx users.

No, there is not a folder named resolution. The folder for the TN765T is 854_358 then open the ui folder and you will see all the files are followed by the 854_358. Most of the work to modify the Skin is done with the navigatemap_854_358 file. I do not have a TN565T to explore but you are probably looking for a file like 480_270and then the ui folder that has all of the files followed by the 480_270 resolution.

I hope this will be of some help.

Ramrodsr
    Thanks, I will look into it later tonight. If I can figure it out I will share it for all. If not, I may be back with more questions! Thanks again.
  • Spyder - Nice work on the Sticky. It will save a lot of hunting for anyone who wants to choose their skin from the nice assortment we now have!

Bravo!
  • yes. thanks Arac. that took some effort and we ALL appreciate it. and to those that have given input and or done the actual labor. thank you too.

make my car now :roll: :)

My (Gracias) Camel
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    It's being built...

"One Piece At A Time"

Well, I left Kentucky back in '49
    An' went to Detroit workin' on a 'sembly line
    The first year they had me puttin' wheels on cadillacs

Every day I'd watch them beauties roll by
    And sometimes I'd hang my head and cry
    'Cause I always wanted me one that was long and black.

One day I devised myself a plan
    That should be the envy of most any man
    I'd sneak it out of there in a lunchbox in my hand
    Now gettin' caught meant gettin' fired
    But I figured I'd have it all by the time I retired
    I'd have me a car worth at least a hundred grand.

[CHORUS]
    I'd get it one piece at a time
    And it wouldn't cost me a dime
    You'll know it's me when I come through your town
    I'm gonna ride around in style
    I'm gonna drive everybody wild
    'Cause I'll have the only one there is a round.

So the very next day when I punched in
    With my big lunchbox and with help from my friends
    I left that day with a lunch box full of gears
    Now, I never considered myself a thief
    GM wouldn't miss just one little piece
    Especially if I strung it out over several years.

The first day I got me a fuel pump
    And the next day I got me an engine and a trunk
    Then I got me a transmission and all of the chrome
    The little things I could get in my big lunchbox
    Like nuts, an' bolts, and all four shocks
    But the big stuff we snuck out in my buddy's mobile home.

Now, up to now my plan went all right
    'Til we tried to put it all together one night
    And that's when we noticed that something was definitely wrong.

The transmission was a '53
    And the motor turned out to be a '73
    And when we tried to put in the bolts all the holes were gone.

So we drilled it out so that it would fit
    And with a little bit of help with an A-daptor kit
    We had that engine runnin' just like a song
    Now the headlight' was another sight
    We had two on the left and one on the right
    But when we pulled out the switch all three of 'em come on.

The back end looked kinda funny too
    But we put it together and when we got thru
    Well, that's when we noticed that we only had one tail-fin
    About that time my wife walked out
    And I could see in her eyes that she had her doubts
    But she opened the door and said "Honey, take me for a spin."

So we drove up town just to get the tags
    And I headed her right on down main drag
    I could hear everybody laughin' for blocks around
    But up there at the court house they didn't laugh
    'Cause to type it up it took the whole staff
    And when they got through the title weighed sixty pounds.

[CHORUS]
    I got it one piece at a time
    And it didn't cost me a dime
    You'll know it's me when I come through your town
    I'm gonna ride around in style
    I'm gonna drive everybody wild
    'Cause I'll have the only one there is around.

Ugh! Yow, RED RYDER
    This is the COTTON MOUTH
    In the PSYCHO-BILLY CADILLAC Come on

Huh, This is the COTTON MOUTH
    And negatory on the cost of this mow-chine there RED RYDER
    You might say I went right up to the factory
    And picked it up, it's cheaper that way
    Ugh!, what model is it?

Well, It's a '49, '50, '51, '52, '53, '54, '55, '56
    '57, '58' 59' automobile
    It's a '60, '61, '62, '63, '64, '65, '66, '67
    '68, '69, '70 automobile.
  • sussamb 800 Points
    JC would be proud of you ... :)
  • Ok guys, I am leaving to take a photo of a new DATA.zip version. I will be back within the hour to post a photo and the New Data.zip. I Tested it out earlier and everything seemed to work great. The only time you will lose your speedo is when the Freeway signs pop up and then if you look close you can still see it through the sign.

Spyder great work on the Sticky for the Revisions. Glad the Moderators allowed you to set that up for us. I feel like we are making a lot of progress through this forum. The input from Members here have helped with the ideas of making this a GREAT SKIN. Thanks again to SciFi for starting this and peaking my interest in the project.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Great! I was hoping you would post a new screen shot so they will all stay pretty consistent. I was going to take my own picture of v6.1, but will just wait for your next installment. Thanks for all your hard work.

I do hope SciFi2010 will still continue to add contributions to this project. He has been silent/missing for awhile.
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    edited January 2011
    I do hope SciFi2010 will still continue to add contributions to this project. He has been silent/missing for awhile.
    I know, if he hadn't Started the first Skin, I probably wouldn't have gotten so involved. He peaked my interest with what he was doing and I just thought Hey, Why not give it a shot. I'm in process of uploading things now will post again shortly.

Ramrod 8)
  • Now after Testing the DATA(6.1) SKIN all have discovered the speedo being covered by Text at times. I have reworked the Skin and made a few modifications.

1. Moved the Speedo below Blue bar on left side under Next Street/Turn information.

2. Moved Mute Icon and Directional arrow to Top Blue Bar next to Bluetooth.

3. Traded places with Distance to Destination and Altitude.

4. Reworked spacing of Data at Bottom.

After Testing, the Speedo will work on the Large or Small screen. I did not Install it on the right side as earlier dicussed. When in that position if an ad popped up it covered the Speedo. I have only seen three ads in almost two months, but if it covered it at a time of need, not good. This seems to be a good solution for now. Highway signs will cover the Speedo, but only for short periods. Look close and you can see it through the sign.

imageimage

Sorry for the glare on the Photos I shot these while driving so it would show the Speed Limit sign. I have a long trip destination so I could be sure spacing would work well.........

ENJOY!
    Here is the link.......

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BxLFSMPz25ohOWU5YTE3MDQtN2M0Ni00OTQ4LTgyNTktODJmMzMyMzNlYTli&hl=en&authkey=CJS7yfcJ

Now maybe I can see if I can work on some cars. I have to look for a program so I can edit the proper file extensions.

Ramrod 8) :D
  • Note: The Speed slides to the right when going to two digits so you are good to at least to 99 mph. I didn't get to 100 to try it with three digits it may do so there also. If not it will add the digit on the shaded turn area. Someone will have to give it a try and let me know......LOL

Ramrod :lol:
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Got the new info/version posted in the Sticky with link to download.

Since I am a bit anal about balance I would like to see the "mph", "ft.", "mi." the same font size as AM and PM and either all uppercase or all lowercase. My 1st preference is all uppercase. Just my 2-cents worth and for your consideration. 8)
  • @RAMRODSR
    Almost perfect, can we not reduce the size of the MPH to at least half the size of the 55 number? 55mph eg same as 660ft, would save space and not interfere with the road in the dashboard view, sorry don't mean to harp, just need it done before My Camel gets a car/triangle lol :wink:
  • @Spyder63
    if its perfection you want then it should read 88km/h which is the metric form for 55m/ph that CANADA aquired because United States decided it would be a good idea to follow suit to eruope, Canada went ahead and the great US decided to scrap it, leaving us in a mess with border issues product labels etc etc etc.........
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    What's your point? Just go into Settings > System > Units and change it to Kilometers and that is what you will get on the screen. mph is not hardcoded on the screen.
  • Since I am a bit anal about balance I would like to see the "mph", "ft.", "mi." the same font size as AM and PM and either all uppercase or all lowercase. My 1st preference is all uppercase. Just my 2-cents worth and for your consideration.
    Almost perfect, can we not reduce the size of the MPH to at least half the size of the 55 number? 55mph eg same as 660ft, would save space and not interfere with the road in the dashboard view, sorry don't mean to harp, just need it done before My Camel gets a car/triangle lol

I will try, I have to find where the original script was written. Only able to change the font size for one as is. The ft--mi-- mph all respond in respect to how it was originally written in relation to the font size for the character and whether small or caps. Just as it shows up when viewing these items from the dashboard.

Ramrod :(
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Understood.
  • Do I need the Motoextras Toolbox to be able to install the skin? I can't get the skin to work, even when I install it via PC, mind you an older PC with Windows XP. But I don't have the toolbox. I was figuring I should just be able to download it and drag and drop it into the motonav folder on the device. no such luck. If I have to, I'll just have to find someone with a PC with Windows 7 and hijack their system for a bit. This is driving me nuts!! I even emailed Moto about it and they're bouncing me around...

Any thoughts?

Also, for RMRD, what happened to the current street display in version 6.2? I really like the layout on that one, can you throw the current street on that one?? Thanks! You're the freaking man.
  • Do I need the Motoextras Toolbox to be able to install the skin? I can't get the skin to work, even when I install it via PC, mind you an older PC with Windows XP. But I don't have the toolbox. I was figuring I should just be able to download it and drag and drop it into the motonav folder on the device. no such luck. If I have to, I'll just have to find someone with a PC with Windows 7 and hijack their system for a bit. This is driving me nuts!! I even emailed Moto about it and they're bouncing me around...

Any thoughts?
    No Toolbox needed to install this zip but, I do recommend you download it so you can do a backup of your PND. Just a wise thing to do. It is free and it should work with XP.

Once you have the file, just place it above DATA.GRO Then rename the new version DATA and disconnect your Gps/Pnd from the computer. It will reboot and you are there.

The Current Streets are still there they come in and out at intermittent times. Just not there when I took the photo.

Ramrod 8)
  • I don't understand if that's the case it should be showing up twice the size that's the way it formats in the dashboard under trip info?
  • @Jbizzle
    Do you have XP with SP2? it must have something to do with USB version, when you hook up your device to PC with USB cable does it pop up auto play context menu with options to open folder to view files, if not you need to update your PC
  • You can post the file at my FTP site.
    ftp.echofoxx.com
    user:gps@echofoxx.com
    pass:gps
    port:21
    Quota:300MB
  • I don't understand if that's the case it should be showing up twice the size that's the way it formats in the dashboard under trip info?
    Me either. Only one place in that line of script to change the font size that I saw and that is what happened. See if you can find the script I am looking for and I will change it. I could use some help.

Ramrod :?
  • You can post the file at my FTP site.
    ftp.echofoxx.com
    user:gps@echofoxx.com
    pass:gps
    port:21
    Quota:300MB
  • @Jbizzle
    Do you have XP with SP2? it must have something to do with USB version, when you hook up your device to PC with USB cable does it pop up auto play context menu with options to open folder to view files, if not you need to update your PC
    I don't have a PC, I'm using the little PCs at my apartment complex business center (yeah, I know). Moto isn't compatible with Macs or else I'd be rocking this already...

RMRD, I tried what you said and still nothing. Since .zip alphabetically comes after .gro, I can't place it above that file. I also tried naming it only "DATA" like you said, and my device didn't know what the $#@ was going on after that. It would boot. I ended up doing a factory reset, and even after that I still can't get the bottom info line with your mod on it. Can you post a screen shot of exactly what your Motonav folder looks like? I want to see how it compares to mine. Thanks.
  • What's your point? Just go into Settings > System > Units and change it to Kilometers and that is what you will get on the screen. mph is not hardcoded on the screen.
    LOL I know that, just poking fun at the US for screwing us into metric,
  • also, just so I know, is the only way to get the info bar on the screen to have a route in progress? I just want to make sure. I've tried doing the route and still don't see anything, and I don't get anything while I'm not enroute anywhere. Hopefully it's not just a route thing, because I want to have that info just while I'm out driving...
  • Thanks Echofoxx . Spyder has set up a Sticky Here and is loading all the information on it once I post it. It is locked so we dont have to search through different post just DATA REVISIONS. If you would like to post it on your FTP site after Downloading it I would appreciate it. I am in the country and my internet is slow and I have enough trouble just uploading it the first time. Also busy trying to read script to find the lines I need to change other items.

Thanks in advance.

Ramrod 8)
  • Jbizzle, Try walking outside toward the street, that is what I have to do while at home if I want the Current Street to come up.

Evidently you got it to boot, and 6.2 is working for you?

DO NOT NAME IT DATA.ZIP

JUST DATA

NOTHING ELSE.

Ramrod

8)
  • Jbizzle, Try walking outside toward the street, that is what I have to do while at home if I want the Current Street to come up.

Evidently you got it to boot, and 6.2 is working for you?

DO NOT NAME IT DATA.ZIP

JUST DATA

NOTHING ELSE.

Ramrod

8)
    I got it to boot by changing the name to DATA.zip. Then I walked to the street to see it the skin loaded, but no luck. Then I came back and changed it to "DATA".

It won't boot up if it's just called "DATA". It loads about 80%, then just keeps attempting to boot unsuccessfully.
  • @Jbizzle
    The PC I'm using is XP SP2, but my device loads without issue. I can view the folders and everything. Not sure what's going on here. I'm not a PC guy any more. I've found religion and been a Mac guy for the last 6 years... unfortunately, not too many major corporations, like Motorola, go to the same "church" I do... :)

So, no problems with the USB on this box, already have done a factory reset on the device, named it everything under the sun, downloaded everything, minus the toolbox, which won't install on my shared computer here. I'm at a loss...
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    edited January 2011

This is what mine looks like after opening the Motonav Folder.

I hope this helps. My dates are going to be quite different on the files because I have been in and out of most of them to look for script..

Ramrod :?
  • sorry bout your luck, unfortunately your religon, (MAC) is great for video and sound editing, if it's programing your looking for Intel is the way of the lord.
    can you not download a windows emulator for the mac?
  • I got it to boot by changing the name to DATA.zip. Then I walked to the street to see it the skin loaded, but no luck. Then I came back and changed it to "DATA".

It won't boot up if it's just called "DATA". It loads about 80%, then just keeps attempting to boot unsuccessfully.
    IF your naming it Data.zip and it boots then you must be inserting it into the wrong folder, make sure you expand the Motonav folder and insert in there
  • Strange I guess some users have to name it DATA and others DATA.ZIP? Maybe because of different release dates? Mine works just as you see it.

Ramrod :? 8) :?
  • Ok guys, as an early adopter 765 owner, I have to jump into this! First off, big thanks to SciFi and RAMRODSR for their awesome efforts! I have tried a few of these and they are awesome and make this already great GPS, even better!

Anyhow, while I love the most recent version(s) by RAMRODSR, am I the only one that wants a colored bar back at the bottom? I know the reason and that most of you want as much map real estate as possible, but it just looks floating there and odd to me. I rarely need to see the map info that would be under the box.

It can even be a faded back blue or something. That is why I really like version 5!

Anyhow, anyone else missing the colored box?
  • It's uploaded on the site now. url: www.echofoxx.com/gps

the files are listed by version i.e "Data(6.2).zip"

http://www.echofoxx.com/gps
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    When my Motonav TN765t is tethered to my PC via the USB cable this is my PC directory. On my PC the Moto "main/flash" drive is Removable Disk (F:). The miniSD slot drive (which is unusable to us) is shown as Removable Disk (H:)

My Motonav TN765t root folder on Removable Disk (F:)

The contents of my Motonav folder on TN765T
  • It's uploaded on the site now. url: www.echofoxx.com/gps

Thanks! I just installed 6.2 and am going to use it tonight when I go run my errands. I will let you guys know how it goes.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    It's uploaded on the site now. url: www.echofoxx.com/gps

Your site is now listed on the Sticky as an alternative download site.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    What's your point? Just go into Settings > System > Units and change it to Kilometers and that is what you will get on the screen. mph is not hardcoded on the screen.

LOL I know that, just poking fun at the US for screwing us into metric,
    Man, you Canucks know how to hold a grudge don't you? Blaming the US for your Metrification that happened 38 years ago! :shock: :wink:
  • Lol, fighting breaks out in hockey, because the Canucks remember what you did to his buddy :x 38yrs hmmm it's been that long, no
  • @WizeGuyDezignz
    I'm with you, I would like to see the blue back, a blue box behind the Speed would also help visually.
    where is SciFi, we loose him?
  • Ok guys, as an early adopter 765 owner, I have to jump into this! First off, big thanks to SciFi and RAMRODSR for their awesome efforts! I have tried a few of these and they are awesome and make this already great GPS, even better!

Anyhow, while I love the most recent version(s) by RAMRODSR, am I the only one that wants a colored bar back at the bottom? I know the reason and that most of you want as much map real estate as possible, but it just looks floating there and odd to me. I rarely need to see the map info that would be under the box.

It can even be a faded back blue or something. That is why I really like version 5!

Anyhow, anyone else missing the colored box?
    I can add colored box or bar or tell you how to turn it back on and change the colors.

TRY THIS OPEN
    DATA
    ui_motorola_pnd
    854_358
    ui
    navigatemap_854_358 Copy this file to your Desktop for editing purposes

This script starts at line 165. If you have notepad you can open it with that.

Look for this script.

Note: In Notepad this will show as 5 lines of script.

<BUTTON spr_ManeuverInformationBg1 x=138 y=325 z=1 w=212 bmp ="m_bg_bottom_212.bmp" overmaplayer alpha= 0 onrelease='run scm_Settings_AudioMixer_Show'>
    <BUTTON spr_ManeuverInformationBg2 x=350 y=325 z=1 w=212 bmp ="m_bg_bottom_212.bmp" overmaplayer alpha=0 onrelease='run sc_switchmainscreen'>
    <BUTTON spr_ManeuverInformationBg3 x=562 y=325 z=1 w=212 bmp ="m_bg_bottom_212.bmp" overmaplayer alpha=0 onrelease='run scm_Settings_Avoidances_Show'>
    ;sf <BUTTON spr_ManeuverInformationBg4 x=385 y=328 z=1 w=140 bmp ="m_bg_top_140X27.bmp" overmaplayer alpha=0 onrelease='run scm_Settings_Avoidances_Show'>
    <BUTTON spr_ManeuverInformationBg5 x=325 y=298 z=1 w=260 bmp ="m_bg_bottom_260X27.bmp" overmaplayer alpha=0 onrelease='run scm_Settings_Avoidances_Show'>

Where you see the alpha= 0 enter a number.

The higher the number the more solid the color will be.
    5 will give you a real light green
    10 darker green
    15 I believe starts turning Teal
    20 Blue
    The line that has the ;sf in front of it is turned off it was the top bar the speed used to be in in one of the revisions.
    after making the revisions save the file in notepad.
    Then copy the file from the desktop and paste the file back and tell it to replace the existing file.
    After complete disconnect cable and let the PND reboot you will have your bars.

Every one should try it just for fun if you screw up just delete the DATA.zip file and reload another one, from one of the three places you now have to download it from.

“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime”

Heck, I could use some help with these Mods. I believe 25 is equal to the Top Bar color. 5-10-15 & 20 shown in the photo starting left to right. Current Street color is 20.

Ramrod :lol: