This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Looking for a newer Navigon

roadster 96 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
TIA:

I just purchased a TT 550-M XXL. I exchanged the TT350-M XXL, and exchanged the Garmin Nuvi 265WT.

I already own a navigon 2100max , and want a 5 inch screen to date , and wondering if navigon has gone, no longer in business.

I preferre to have what I am used to and hope that someonehere can direct me to some great online deals

I want to be have a red light alert loaded in alert me wit not just a beep, but if so great. NYC and otherplaces may toss dummy cams up, so be it, safer than sorry.

the features I need are like said of the 2100M same interface bigger screen, Bluetooth Not needed. want lane guideance , assist, and if so free maps option I love my unit.
and am not used to change as I get older Lol.

Comments

• Unfortunately, Navigon no longer serves the US market with PND's. They do, however, offer software for iPhone, Windows Mobile, and Android.

See www.navigonusa.com for more details.
  • well its to a discontinued model, as I already knew to look there. I am sure they were smart and ran
  • did a lil searching navigon 3300, 4300, 7300,
    5100max, 7100T, 7000T

I wonder which will do best if I can get one

Old interface is basically gone and it is simular to what I am used to,

I like how the info is like

new address
    my destination

werre laid out as long as everything else is the same I am set. I may have to go outside the yardsale and find other sources, its sad to see te navigon forum SLOW!
  • gatorguy 326 Points
    I might know where there's a Navigon 8100.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Take a look at this thread for a current gps that runs on Navigon software: http://forums.gpsreview.net/discussion/20490/x/p1/;highlight=golf. Only a 3.6 in. screen though. Just saw it advertised locally for $219.
  • gatorguy 326 Points
    Sears had those on sale a few days ago, but I can't remember the price.
  • Thank you. I will look into it. I know its a hit-n-miss with yardsale(Ebay) pass old stuff as new.

I reviewed some vids Online, and some searchs, and It seems that hte Interface changed, still indentical in the features and functions.

Te address has quick spell lettering picking a city itguesses what you're after , etc. but otherwise it should keep tesame going into the profile, basic setting etc. I hope Lol

tigerdirect video shows the 5100max.

I deff want lane gudience, lane assist, updated map over traffic, I do not want traffic to divert me, I f I ave the option to turn On forcing it off for detour.

Iq of TT sucked
  • Sears had those on sale a few days ago, but I can't remember the price.
    Post a link to what you're pointing me to so Ican find it
    sears does not show anything but a case and reciever of a optional gps antenna.
  • gatorguy 326 Points
    I don't have a link to point you to. I think Spyder gave you one to a forum thread where it was previously discussed.

As I mentioned earlier, I do know of a Navigon 8100T that might be available. Otherwise just watch the auction sites. I've seen 5100's show up on occasion, tho with less frequency the longer Navigon has been away from the US.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    It's called the Expresso AG1. WalMart has it for $248.00 at the moment. It probably was Sears where I saw the local ad for it.

If you are a golfer it may be of further interest.

You can always add Navigon software to a smartphone or iPad. That is their primary/only market in the USA at the moment.

OK, we'll do your work for you: Sears has it for $199.00

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05720013000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

Remember: Google is your friend. :)
  • thank you again,

it is not hard to google, or Engine search for navigon, a lot of reviews, over sales, as we know only places to be found are of a yard sale online auctions, as they are passed on as new, while used, 20.00 shipping on a 10.00 priority box I laugh at Amazon.com is the other place as well, and a yard sale online

I am deciding and will be watching for navigon 5100max, and a 7000 series, if its 7000,7001, 7002. I will try to researc and find a actual list of navigon units not mentioned on site here I am sure tere are about 50 models.

PS i already Own a navigon 2100max 3.5 inch screen I preferre a bigger one but hey looks awesome need for every day delieverie andsite visits. each day may vary 10 delieveries, or two sites visted

• Spyder63 331 Points
    Since the Navigon US site does IP detection if you have not found a way to the European site try this: http://www.navigon.com/portal/int/index.html

Edit: and be prepared to salivate! :roll:
  • Great, thanks a lot Spyder, I just drooled all over my keyboard!! :D I didn't realize that Navigon had all those features. They are light years ahead of any of the US competitors. I really wish they'd bring those features to the US. I may have to get a different smart phone next time so I can go back to the Navigon features.
  • WOW!

I am on vacation and I have time to research stuff.........
    I always use te navigon 2100max, wished I grabbed one a year ago, will do again.

As I am viewing the site, I can pick a gps, and even purchase a map, of North maerica. so the only challenge is $$$$ and taht iam willing to spend if ihave no isues of making my Mind up

SPIDYER I tip My hat off to you Thank you
  • As I look at the auctions I find it funny how people can post what is actually not the product real system.
  • thanks I am keeping tabs. and soon will be set. if not life goes on.
  • papa 0 Points
    Old interface is basically gone and it is simular to what I am used to
    You might want to take a look at the Cydle T43H thread here. It's got a nice interface with 7200T-like info. Plus it has free no-ad HD traffic with many options and other fluff.
  • Old interface is basically gone and it is simular to what I am used to

You might want to take a look at the Cydle T43H thread
    here. It's got a nice interface with 7200T-like info. Plus it has free no-ad HD traffic with many options and other fluff.
    Papa, I don't know what Cydle is paying you, but it's not enough! :wink:

Seriously, I'm thoroughly impressed by your dedication and commitment to the T43H. It seems like the Cydle folks have been pretty good about customer service, but I also think that experience has been augmented for many by your continued support! Personally, I think the next Cydle beta test unit should go to you. You're a 1-man marketing customer service machine! :)

Heck, I'm in sales, and you've about got me to the point where I'm gonna sell my existing and give the Cydle a try!!
    (Bless you, bro, for your continued enthusiasm!)
  • papa 0 Points

Papa, I don't know what Cydle is paying you, but it's not enough! :wink:
    TL, thanks for the kind remarks!

I do not receive any pay or freebies from Cydle. I am only an end user who is convinced that the T43H and its successors are on the cutting edge. IMO, too many people, particularly new users, are so "name brand" conscious that they think that, basically, "G" and "T" are the only PND's out there.

I still use my 7200T from time to time and love it. Never had a problem with it. However, when Navigon exited the U.S., I started looking for something similar to Navigon's UI and found it in the T43H. Heck, I'm blown away with its potential! As I've mentioned before, the HD traffic (free w/no ads), the display options, routing options, speed limit signs (it will also verbally warn you when you exceed the limit), and other options such as movie/mp3 player (which I don't use), etc., convinced me to give it a chance. They use TeleAtlas and EngisTech's technology. So far, I'm very impressed. It still has some things I would like to see changed and, hopefully, the upcoming major update should reflect some of those changes.
    It seems like the Cydle folks have been pretty good about customer service
    Absolutely! For the record, when I received my first unit, I thought it was defective. I called Cydle and they overnighted a new unit! That's not very common these days. Actually the unit was not defective...I just didn't understand how the HD traffic feature worked.
    Heck, I'm in sales, and you've about got me to the point where I'm gonna sell my existing and give the Cydle a try!!
    Give it a shot. You have nothing to lose. Send it back if you don't like it. Just remember a major update is in the works for January 20, 2011.

• Give it a shot. You have nothing to lose. Send it back if you don't like it. Just remember a major update is in the works for January 20, 2011.

Damn. You're good. :lol:
  • papa 0 Points
    ...got me to the point where I'm gonna sell my existing and give the Cydle a try!!
    TL, since this is a Navigon forum, I'll make a reference to my latest post here at the bottom of the page. :wink:
  • thanks "papa"

I'll look further into this. I have the navigon, and cell as backup, a laptop as well lol. to get a newer gps .........

happy Holidays.
  • papa 0 Points
    thanks "papa" I'll look further into this. I have the navigon, and cell as backup, a laptop as well lol. to get a newer gps.
    happy Holidays.
    And the same to you and your family. :D

About the Navigon 7200T....I d/l the Q4 2010 map update and it appeared to remedy a problem I was having. When I attempted to access "My Destinations/Favorites", it would take a *long* time, display an error message and lock up. Every time! Accessing "My Destinations/Last Destinations" was no problem, though. When I updated to the new maps, I started from scratch and reset it to factory defaults. Thus I had to re-enter the data again (which was no big deal). Now the "Favorites" work normally and is quick and easy to access. Strange!