This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Gps for motorcycles

ripone007 0 Points
edited November -1 in GPS Recommendations
Is there any different recommendations for a gps used on motorcycle. I have been looking at a garmin nuvi 350 or a Tom TOM 910. I would use in in my car and on my bike. Someone told me that Tom Tom designed one specifically for a motorcycle.

Thanks,
Rip

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    Both TomTom and Garmin have GPS devices designed specifically for motorcycles. Garmin has the Garmin Zumo 550 and TomTom has the TomTom RIDER.
  • Both TomTom and Garmin have GPS devices designed specifically for motorcycles. Garmin has the Garmin Zumo 550 and TomTom has the TomTom RIDER.
    Thanks for the quick reply. Is there a reason other than not being waterproof that the Garmin Nuvi 350 would not work? I try to avoid rain when I ride and I thought about using a plastic storage bag if I was caught in bad weather.
    The reason I'm asking about the Nuvi 350 is that the company I work for is considering buying 7 of these for VP & Sales & delievery trucks. If they buy 10 units they get them for $399, no tax and no shipping. So they offer to let some of us to buy the three remaining. I can't find the nuvi 350 that cheap anywhere else. It seems to get good reviews.

thanks again
    Rip
  • Tim 1480 Points
    I haven't tested the validity of their claims, but there are some special design considerations Garmin says they have added to the Zumo series. The buttons are larger and designed to be used with gloves on. The buttons are on the left side for easier operation. It comes with motorcycle mounting hardware. It is supposedly built to withstand vibrations and designed with fuel resistant plastics.