This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

NaviExtras for MotoNav?

ThunderLizard 91 Points
edited November -1 in Motorola MotoNav
I haven't tried it yet, but check out this link:

https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal/downloads?referer=rss

Look on the list on the right hand side showing supported devices. MotoNav PND's are listed.

When I click on "Supported Devices" and look up the MotoNav, the link takes you back to the MotoExtras page (the same one we've been using), but this is the first time I've seen MotoNav even listed as a supported product.

Wouldn't it be nice... :wink:

Comments

• Update:

I tried to use NaviExtras and it still doesn't recognize the MotoNav, but like I said...it's a start.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    While I have not yet looked at your reference page Motonav has always been a listed product for NavnGo, maybe just in a different location. When you tried to access it you got bumped direct to MotoExtras as you described.

Edit: I tried NavnGo's toolbox several months ago and while it did not work I like the GUI better than Moto's. Again baffles the mind as to why we don't have that version.
  • I haven't tried it yet, but check out this link:

https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal/downloads?referer=rss

Look on the list on the right hand side showing supported devices. MotoNav PND's are listed.

When I click on "Supported Devices" and look up the MotoNav, the link takes you back to the MotoExtras page (the same one we've been using), but this is the first time I've seen MotoNav even listed as a supported product.

Wouldn't it be nice... :wink:
    Have you tried downloading it and using it?
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Hello wall..... :roll:
  • Oops. Missed that. :oops:
  • Yes, I downloaded the NaviExtras program (just like MotoExtras) and fired it up. The issue is that it does not recognize our device (says it's not connected, when I know it is in fact).
    Since ours is a standard Windows CE device, I can only assume there is some software switch that prevents our device from being recognized by anything but the MotoExtras program.

The two programs look almost identical, but NaviExtras has more options.

To do some exploring, I registered as a Navig8 device and took a look at options. The latest map update for the US and Canada is Q2 2010. The real kicker is that it's only $19.95! (a deal for a single map update!) Interesting to note that some of Eastern Europe is already on Q4 2010. Must be a lot of change in Hungary and Russia!

Finally, the 3-D pack for North America is still on Q3 2009, which we already have as part of the map update for the tn765T. (though it's only $14.95 for U.S, $19.95 including Canada! Still a deal.)