This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

replacing battery

ncgirl 0 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
Could someone please tell me where to purchase and replace a dead battery in an XL335SE TomTom gps? It will not recharge. Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Comments

• dhn 336 Points
    Before spending the money, does the power show when connected with a car charger? How about the usb cable?
  • hi dhn, and thank you for a prompt reply. I just tried connecting to tomtom through the usb port and it downloaded home files all over again. Probably since in our attempts to refresh the battery, we had pushed the reset button. Anyway, that connection works. Now my husband is checking to see if this update will begin restoring battery life with the car charger again. BRB
  • Hi dhn!

That solved our problem! Thank goodness! The car battery charger seems to be working once again. We are so grateful for your tips.

Merry Christmas to you, Canadian neighbor!

:D
  • sbukosky 91 Points
    My 930 battery has been weak since new. I'm thinking about looking for a replacement at Batteries Plus. Is there something to check out first?
  • dhn 336 Points
    Information in this link will help
  • sbukosky 91 Points
    Thank you but that site seems to be rather "contaminated". First a pop-up screams at me that I won a $1,000 best buy gift card then it wants me to install something to see the video. Usually that means spyware, malware or other such villianous stuff. No thanks.
  • dhn 336 Points
    I'm having no problems with the link I gave you or the subsequent link within the first one.
  • CynicX 0 Points
    tomtomfourms.com is a safe webpage I've used it for years and not only is it safe the folks are friendly and helpful....

And be wary if you are getting a pop up from them you may want to run your spyware/malware/whateverware detectors. I get no pop ups from them at all.

PLUS dhn has been in this GPS world for years and I've yet to see him steer anyone wrong...