This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Maestro 4040 - Touchscreen misaligned

coli1875 0 Points
edited November -1 in Magellan Vehicle Forum
Hi all,

New to the forum and with a Magellan Maestro 4040 problem.... Did a search on this but no related answers.

The screen of my device is misaligned and I cannot align it again using the "Diagnostics", "Touchscreen Test" procedure which runs the "Align Screen" procedure.

The target does appear when I run this diagnostics option, it first appears on the top left and then when I tap on it it will go down to the lower left corner, then it will keep doing that from corner to corner without actually aligning the screen no matter where I tap. If I tap on it every time it'll keep moving from corner to corner indefinitely. The only way to exit is to tap on ESC, which is of course misaligned too.

Currently the touchscreen vertical alignment is off by about half an inch shifted to the top, ie, if I press the letter "A" on the virtual keyboard, I get a "Q", but it get worse on the right side of the screen.

I just upgraded to the latest firmware hoping that it will reset the screen alignment too to a factory default but this didn't help. I tried the simple reset button on the left side which didn't help either.

Is there anyway to reset the touchscreen settings completely so I'm able to align the screen again ?? anyway know how can I fix this ??

Thanks.