This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

How do I get the address for a favorite that has been named!

admirer 0 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
Man,
some of the tomtom's stupid settings really drive me crazy. there is no logic behind their designs, a bunch of stupid worthless engineers..!

anyhow, solace is that you guys r there atleast..my problem is: I have a favorite which I gave a name. Now I want to know the address. But cannt get it. Only i see the name...How do I get the address? Its a xl340s dumb box !

pls help guys!

Comments

• Man,
    some of the tomtom's stupid settings really drive me crazy. there is no logic behind their designs, a bunch of stupid worthless engineers..!

anyhow, solace is that you guys r there atleast..my problem is: I have a favorite which I gave a name. Now I want to know the address. But cannt get it. Only i see the name...How do I get the address? Its a xl340s dumb box !

pls help guys!
    Unfortunately once you rename a favorite from the address to a particular name, the address is gone.

To get around this problem, when you give it a name always include the address as part of the name.
  • Man,

pls help guys!

Unfortunately once you rename a favorite from the address to a particular name, the address is gone.

To get around this problem, when you give it a name always include the address as part of the name.
    now i know why people prefer garmin.. pay a few bucks more and get rid of the headaches.. worse is that these stupid designers cudnt even think of putting a warning msg telling that the address may not be viewable once u change it ..
  • Tim 1480 Points
    FWIW, it is the same thing on the Garmin. :roll: But if you want the address, go into View Map mode, use the find to locate the favorite, then tap on the street next to the favorite (not on it) and you will get the address of where you tapped.
  • gatorguy 326 Points
    My favorites show the address (or coordinates if no associated address) right under the favorite name. And it's a Garmin. :?
  • Tim 1480 Points
    Yes, the old ones didn't do that.
  • My favorites show the address (or coordinates if no associated address) right under the favorite name. And it's a Garmin. :?
    yeah, donno why tomtom doesnt do that.. you pay these morons 100 bucks for a device, n it doesnt do such an important thing.
    another stupidity with the xl model: a mere 2 gig internal memory, keep deleting files to fit ur map.. so archaic designs..
    i wish these morons get crushed by the smartphone navigation market, then they will learn a lesson and will shape up!
    btw, thx for all ur inputs guys!
  • Thanks for the info