This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

I guess we knew it was comming..."A Call To Arms!"

ThunderLizard 91 Points
edited November -1 in Motorola MotoNav
Saw this posted on the Motorola forum by Dhave (hope you don't mind me sounding the alert, Dhave):

She continued, "I don't know if there'll be a last map update or not."

I asked, "So, Motorola's getting out of the GPS business completely?"

"That's right," she said.

So, I guess our suspicions were correct. MotoNav users will be orphaned (if not already).

I can only hope that some provision is made for us to utilize NaviExtras. Motorola has nothing to lose by this, since it will not take away from any potential sales for them by keeping the MotoNav viable, and the NaviExtras folks will be able to recover the revenue that was supposed to be there through MotoExtras, but will now be lost.

I will go on the NaviExtras site and and email customer support tp that effect. I encourage anyone who reads this and has a vested interest in seeing this option available do the same. The more they (NaviExtras) hears this, the more likely they will be to enact this solution.

Personally, given the high level of support I've seen through Navi, vs. the non-existent support through Moto, I WELCOME this option!

Let's see if we can make it happen!

Comments

• To make it easy, here's the link to the NaviExtras Customer support (it was a little difficult to get to this page):

https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal/support?selectedTab=contactus&struts.portlet.mode=view
    &struts.portlet.action=renderDirect&struts.portlet.eventAction=true

(Copy and paste into your browser)

Please take a moment to send a quick note, urging them to allow us to register through NaviExtras and purchase content there. What have we got to lose? :wink:
  • dhave 0 Points
    If I remember correctly, unless you log in to the Naviextras site, you can comment only on matters pertaining to log-in or registration problems on the Naviextras.com website itself.

To comment on products, you have to log in. If you log in, you have to specify your device. If you specify that you have a Motonav, you'll get sent to the Motorola site (or, apparently, a Naviextras site that is licensed to Motorola).

So, what is the best way to use the link that you provided? What's the best way to register so that we can actually talk to the Naviextras people?
  • here's the response I got via email from NaviExtras:

Dear Customer!

Thank you for your inquiry. A new ticket has been created. You can find the ticket ID in the subject, please do not remove or change it.

The ticket will be answered as soon as possible. Please note that Naviextras Support team will answer your e-mail in CET (UTC+1) working hours.

At present, naviextras.com provides support in English, French and Hungarian only. Language support will be extended in the future. Until then, we thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Naviextras Support

I just went to the link I posted, entered my email address, and began typing in the space provided. I selected "Feedback on NaviExtras Site" since that seemed to match what this is: I want to use their site, and it doesn't work for me now!

Hopefully this will catch someones eye and we'll get some support there. As mentioned, they have everything to gain from our subscription $$.
  • Here's the latest. I'm pretty encouraged by this!

Dear Mark,

First of all, thank you for your interest in our products!

There are negotiations in progress with Motorola about the future updates and extras. Unfortunately
    we do not have any information about that at the moment, but we will inform our users as soon as we
    have any information.

We would like to ask your understanding and patience!

If you have further questions, do not hesitate to contact us!

Best Regards,
    Naviextras Support

Notice that they stated "...negotiations are in progress". That's a huge step in my opinion, and speaks to what we are all looking for - NaviExtra support for our MotoNav.

As mentioned, any contact you can make with the Navi folks will only help this effort, as it will show enough interest to push the negotiations forward.

Send them a note!
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Friday - JAN 14, 2011 AM

Interesting that the Moto Support forum is down and the NaviExtras NNG user support forum is down at the same time.

NNG: https://www.naviextras.com/shop/mvnforum

Moto: https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/accessories/motonav?view=discussions&start=0

:?: :?:
  • Moto forums are back up....still no reply from Moto on the fate of the TN's
  • Moto forums are back up....still no reply from Moto on the fate of the TN's
    I still get no load on the Moto forum. Hmmm, maybe something's happening! :shock:
  • dhave 0 Points
    Moto forums are back up....still no reply from Moto on the fate of the TN's

I still get no load on the Moto forum. Hmmm, maybe something's happening! :shock:
    We are truly a bunch of eternal optimists!

Regardless, I hope you're right. It seems like everybody would win if Naviextras assumes map support for Motonav.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    2:00 pm EST - still no connection for me. Maybe $$ is tight and they did ot pay their ISP bill this month. :) Probably spent too much at CES on Xoom.
  • LOL...I just checked again and its down. Someone must have rigged the on/off switch to the manager's chair. We'll have to wait for the next potty break to see what's happening.
  • dhave 0 Points
    I think now's the time to make our move, guys: a hostile takeover of Motorola.

I've got $137 in the bank, some shares of Enron, plus an extensive vinyl record collection and some Ross Perot campaign memorabilia. What can the rest of you put on the table?
  • I think now's the time to make our move, guys: a hostile takeover of Motorola.

I've got $137 in the bank, some shares of Enron, plus an extensive vinyl record collection and some Ross Perot campaign memorabilia. What can the rest of you put on the table?
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can add gum wrappers and some pocket lint. Oh yeah, and a fuzzy picture of the dogs playing cards and a can of "Billy Beer". :shock:
  • dhave 0 Points

I can add gum wrappers and some pocket lint. Oh yeah, and a fuzzy picture of the dogs playing cards and a can of "Billy Beer". :shock:
    Hubcaps! Surely some of you guys have old hubcaps lying around, or maybe you're even decorating with them. Have you priced pre-1985 steel hubcaps lately?
  • What we really need is an enforcer!
    :lol:

Just checked.....forum back up.
  • Spyder63 331 Points

Hubcaps! Surely some of you guys have old hubcaps lying around, or maybe you're even decorating with them. Have you priced pre-1985 steel hubcaps lately?
    I Do, I Do, I can throw in a big box of genuine Corvair 13 in. full hubcaps and one very rare brass Corvair radiator. The latter is priceless!
  • I think now's the time to make our move, guys: a hostile takeover of Motorola.

I Do, I Do, I can throw in a big box of genuine Corvair 13 in. full hubcaps and one very rare brass Corvair radiator. The latter is priceless!
    Ok, you guys are making me look bad! I'll throw in an original Motorola Bag phone! Ha! top that! :wink:
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Here's the latest. I'm pretty encouraged by this!

Dear Mark,

There are negotiations in progress with Motorola about the future updates and extras. Unfortunately
    we do not have any information about that at the moment, but we will inform our users as soon as we
    have any information.

Best Regards,
    Naviextras Support

Notice that they stated "...negotiations are in progress". That's a huge step in my opinion, and speaks to what we are all looking for - NaviExtra support for our MotoNav.

As mentioned, any contact you can make with the Navi folks will only help this effort, as it will show enough interest to push the negotiations forward.

Send them a note!

The "non-answer" I got from NNG today, but "at the moment" may be the key to some hope.

Utnfortunately we do not have any information regarding direct Motorola support via Naviextras. The Motorola devices are supported by Motorola at the moment.

NNG Support
  • Here's the latest. I'm pretty encouraged by this!

Dear Mark,

have any information.

Best Regards,
    Naviextras Support

Send them a note!

The "non-answer" I got from NNG today, but "at the moment" may be the key to some hope.

Utnfortunately we do not have any information regarding direct Motorola support via Naviextras. The Motorola devices are supported by Motorola at the moment.

NNG Support
    I'm optimistic! :wink: :wink:
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    We knew you would be, Oh ye of everlasting faith! :wink: :roll:

Have a safe trip to Charleston - hope the Moto behaves well. I have not installed RR's new mods yet.
  • dhave 0 Points
    We knew you would be, Oh ye of everlasting faith! :wink: :roll:

Have a safe trip to Charleston - hope the Moto behaves well. I have not installed RR's new mods yet.
    And keep your eye on Current Speed. South Carolina is a 30,000 square mile speed trap.

• And keep your eye on Current Speed. South Carolina is a 30,000 square mile speed trap.
    Boy, you're right about that! Every podunk little town I went through had their local Gendarme laying in wait for the next "revenue generator" to come casually along. What a racket. Makes me want to buy a radar detector! (you think SciFi Dude or RAMRODSR could add that tweak to the skin?? :wink: )
  • Is the lack of support why I'm finding this very cheap at Wally World? It seems criminal that Motorola can still sell a product with little or no support.
  • @ rdunaway62,

The last map update was Q4 2009, But don't let that stop you from buying it at a good price. We are hoping if motorola doesn't continue support maybe naviextras will release a map update for it in the future. It is a good unit. Check out some of the revisions that have been done for this under the Sticky for skin modifications. The screen resolution will be hard to beat.

If you don't mind me asking what is the price for it at Wally World?

Ramrod 8) :lol:
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    $127.00 @ Walmart online. $136 @ Amazon. Seems to be the cheapest, current prices. Has it ever been cheaper? ???
  • I'm saying the same thing. For all the features (Which is what caught my eye) the price is right $138 shipped to store at Wally world. No shipping cost.

I'm surprised that with the lack of support from the manufacture, it is still being distributed for sale.

I would also like to comment on the great work everyone is doing here in making the what I would call necessary upgrades to complete a device that was that was missing some added or needed key features. Keep up the good work.

MotoExtra was was mention in a reply post that I made about the price.

I know this isn't the place (forum), but I would like to see a lot of upgrades or features that could and should be added to the tool. Otherwise I consider it a one time shot and a bit of a waste of hard drive space.

If, as you mentioned, they do take over the works from Motorola team. I hope they take a look a look here and listen to what is being ask from their customer base. -- (My 2 pennies)

Thanks for the hard work and the cool upgrades.