This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Is there a battery saver mode?

pandd15 0 Points
edited November -1 in Motorola MotoNav
First let me say what a great job you did SiFi on the new skin, I love it, thank-you for your time and sharing it with us all, although for some reason my ETA is an hour off, could be my zone setting is incorrect, not sure, any ideas? Also I'd like to thank all of you for the information you share, it's all so very useful.

My question: Short of the slide switch on the top is there any way to make the screen go blank during long stretches w/o turns. My old, old Tom Tom's screen would go blank when no turns etc were being made. This was very beneficial for conserving the battery; any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

Comments

• There's no screen timeout that I'm aware of, so unfortunately, you're stuck with the slider.

Regarding the ETA, check your Time settings and be sure you have the correct Daylight Savings setting. That may help. :wink:
  • Sorry to hear that, any chance of a modification for that? I'll check my time zone etc.

Thanks so much.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Other than going into Display settings and turning "Brightness" level all the way down to zero I could't find any easy way either. Perhaps SciFi could implement a button to tap the screen to zero brightness/black, but then he would have to devise a method to instantly restore original brightness level. Of course a screen tap would be one way to go, but can it be done without interfering with other functions is the other question. Or back with next audio instruction as TT does. Or both. :?: :?:
  • Well, we can always make the suggestion to SciFi2000. He seems to really have a line on how to mod the interface, and has scored some great points for us. Maybe he can add a "soft off/standby" power button to the bar at the bottom?
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Personally I don't mind the screen being on all the time as I do refer to it quite a bit, but then I don't run it on internal battery either. Locally I tend to use a Garmin, either my 855 or 295w, on battery and not the Moto. If I head off to Florida before winter is over I may buy the Navigon software for my iPad.
  • That would be great if SciFi could come up with something. Thanks for all the suggestions and ideas.

Thanks again and safe traveling to all.

Life's an adventure or nothing at all.
  • The timezone was the problem with my ETA issue.

Thanks.