This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Broke down...bought the iPad app, it's incredible

ubercool 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
After never wanting to give Navigon money again, I broke down and shoved about $60 in their direction during the Macworld Expo sale and am I happy I did!

This thing is even more awesome than my 7200T! The iPad version makes all the difference in the world. It's the world's largest GPS screen with 3D graphics, Zagat reviews, traffic AND up-to-date maps! The PND era is over, long live the tablet!

:mrgreen:

Comments

• gatorguy 326 Points
    I like the little touches that Navigon put in place. I set traffic notifications to be ignored unless 5 minutes or more delay. Speed alerts customized for road types (I've set mine for 5mph over for local roads and 10mph for highways), warnings for school zones, Inrix premium XD traffic. . .

Navigon's done a great job with the mobile app IMO
  • I didn't think it would be any good. Also thought the mobile phone GPS was not going to be accurate enough, boy was I wrong! :shock:

It's an incredible solution and I do love all the settings but regret not having the altimeter read-out. :wink:
  • How's the volume with the iPhone app?

I have the android version and the voulume is so low you can't even hear it.
  • Glad to hear that this app is working out so nice.

If I didn't have built-in nav I would probably go this route (pun intended) :)
  • gatorguy 326 Points
    I was just noting today that we hadn't heard from you in quite awhile. (There was an old thread that got posted). Good to seee you're still around AngelArs. :D
  • Hi Gatorguy, hope all is well on your end :wink:
  • How's the volume with the iPhone app?

I have the android version and the volume is so low you can't even hear it.
    Yeah, I haven't been hearing too many favorable reviews for the android version so far. A lot of people are saying that it is no where near as good as the iphone version. I have an android phone and would be willing to try Navigon on my phone if they can at least make it close to iphone's version. How do you like it outside of the volume problem? Is it even close to their PND units?
  • I compated it to my 7100 on a short trip and it was just fine, except for the volume. Unfortunately the volume is so g@d aweful I won't use it.

I also missed the street names being displayed on the android. Not sure why they aren't.

Steve