This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

TN765t in continuous reboot mode

RAMRODSR 41 Points
edited November -1 in Motorola MotoNav
I guess this is a new topic.

Using the TN765t last night after the Superbowl XLV Game. I guess it didn't like the outcome. The unit map froze after about three miles into my trip, nothing moving. The speed, altitude,distance to destination,eta and time all worked as required, but the map was frozen and the screen was locked. I tried to turn the unit off, but it would not turn off, so I had to do the soft reset. After this it was in continuous reboot mode. It would startup, give a startup tone and the white bar would move to the end of the Motonav name on screen and turn off. Then the whole process would start over. Got home did the hard reset, still same result. Started Motorola Toolbox installed backup and updates still same result. Formated drive reinstalled backup and updates same result. I called Motorola, Talked to Tech, he advised me to send unit in for replacement. He said I had done everything in the order he would have done. He had no answer for what had happened or why the unit would not respond to the backup. I can view the files and they all show to be there after restoring the backup, but it will not function.........

Temporarily out of order till new unit is received.....

I am going to miss her....LOL......

Ramrod :? 8) :?

Comments

• If you can PM send me your e-mail...I might be able to save you the return.
  • If you can PM send me your e-mail...I might be able to save you the return.
    Thanks, check your inbox. PM has been sent.
  • @ blueTOOTH,

ALL IS WELL AND WORKING AGAIN.

Thanks for the Information.

Ramrod :D 8)
  • Hey Fellas~

Unless this involved some double-secret probationary items, :wink: it would be good to share this with the rest of the community, as I'm sure someone will experience the same problem at some point.

I had a similar problem while installing an earlier skin, and I got past it by formatting the drive and reloading a clean backup. How'd you fix yours?
  • The problem is that many files are written to in the save folder on exit from the gps program...every once in a while an error happens during this process and one of the files gets corrupted. (This is very true when changing parameters within the skin) Next time the program is rebooted, it uses these files to gather the saved settings. If it has problems...you are sending it back.

To overcome this problem...(see my post on changing save directory to Motonav folder-"First thoughts" thread) you need to be able to get rid of/back up your save folder. I just gave him access to CEshell/windows explorer so he could back up GPSPARAM drive and reinstall the save folder and .bin (boot) files.

The reason for not posting yet is that (for most) This process is dangerous if you don't understand the process and there is no exit from the GPS program to get back to the unlock. I hope to post more soon
  • Got it. Thanks for sharing. As you know, it seems that customer support is somewhat lacking as of late! Not only are they (Moto) pulling back on support, but the "techs" don't know what they're doing with this device anyway (used to dealing with android phones, I guess!).

That being said, anything you can share for these loyal MotoNav owners will be greatly appreciated!

BTW - I used your suggestion on moving the .txt file from the GPSPARAM folder to MOTONAV and did a master reset. All I can say is the Search function is much faster! And now, I won't lose all my Favorites and data if I do a Master reset again. Nice, and thanks! :D
  • @Thunderlizard

I'm more than willing to share the packet I gave RAMRODSR. I havn't figured out how to post without the text of any link being disabled...I know that it is a safety issue...but kind of a pain. I sent a revised pack to RR with instructions....maybe he has more access to post. (there is no software or copywrited material in it...except freeware and stuff I put together)

If you use the packet...you should be able to copy your old save folder from GPSPARAM...so you won't loose what you had.
  • I am not at home right now, what I use is Google Docs to upload to and then post the link. I will be glad to post it when I get home, If It has not already been done by that time. That will be a couple of hours from now. Got to go I am supposed to be working.

I see you got it posted Good Job..

For acess to what we have been discussing go to.........

(First thoughts on TN765t) Thread Started by blueTOOTH

Ramrod 8)
  • I was trying to do a restore and it said it had an error, ever since then all it does is reboot. Short of taking it back, does anyone have an idea as to how I can remedy this? I was never able to get my "Toolbox" to allow me to log on. It kept attempting but never did.

Thanks for reading and any assistance you can offer.

Also, thanks to all the Gurus for the neat skins you've created. :cry: :?
  • Any chance you may know how I can get my device back up and running?

I was trying to do a restore and it said it had an error, ever since then all it does is reboot. Short of taking it back, does anyone have an idea as to how I can remedy this? I was never able to get my "Toolbox" to allow me to log on. It kept attempting but never did.

Also, thanks to all the Gurus for the neat skins you've created.

Thanks so much for any assistance you can offer. :cry: :?
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Until RamRod or BlueTOOTH chime in here with specific info if you haven't already downloaded the unlock you should. I am sure that is what you will need to get your Moto operational again.

BT does include the original GPSPARAM files which might be a start - replace yours with his.
    ]This pack contains items to unlock your tn765t. Please see the readme files before making any changes.
    https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5zpi5jfqWIyMDAwZjljMjItOWQ1Yi00YzkyLWIyMzItYmRkZWY3YzRkNmY2&hl=en
  • I'll give it a try.

Thanks so much.