This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Stuck on Splash screen tomtom one IQ routes edition

kaisx210 0 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
Hello all,

Just wanted some expert advice on a little problem I seemed to have encountered this afternoon.

So I updated my TT via HOME and now the bloody thing doesn't get past the splash screen it's freezes and on top of that it's now not recognised by my computer at all (never had a problem before the update!!!!) so I can't reset anything!!!!! :shock:

I have a bit of info I gathered from the TT, I hope this helps

SubID (feature) 0 1: 00 (00..)
bootloader ver S5.5136 clist#340820 RVCT
MMC NAND version (PRV): 0036 (samsung
Startup mode: Power Down 0x000..

if there is any more info you require then please let me know as I have tried to reset it many times now and it doesn't seem to work.

Also there is power going into the system when connecting to the computer as the green light appears.

please if anyone could help i would appreciate it tons!!

Thank in advance all

Comments

• dhn 336 Points
    I don't think that model has a dedicated reset hole on the bottom. If it does, then reset the unit that way. If not, hold the power button for about 10 seconds until you hear the drum roll.

That often is the 'cure' for a computer not detecting the unit.

If that works, then use Explorer to make a backup of your unit's contents. Don't use Home.

Next, delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.

Connect to Home and you will be offered an application. Accept it and install.

Now, disconnect PROPERLY from Home using the Device Disconnect icon.

Reboot the unit. Any better?

If so, make another Explorer backup to a different folder on the computer.
  • well funny enough i tired it in another computer and it seemed to work!?! quite bizarre,

but the main reason for wanting to update the model was that it used to freeze every time i used to run the initial set-up (just after you entered the time)

do you know of any way past it or heard anything like that before?

Cheers!
  • dhn 336 Points
    You may want to download and run the Clear Flash tool 3 times from here

It may not help but it won't hurt,,,,,
  • yeah i've done that now, all i need to do is now upload some maps on and see how it goes?
  • well after loading up the maps etc.. the GPS seems to run fine using the PC emulator on the TT HOME software, but when I try and turn it off and on again, it still seems to get stuck on the splash screen.

Rather frustrating result!!
  • dhn 336 Points
    After your Explorer backup, format your unit, don't use quickformat.

Then restore your Explorer backup.