This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Seems to be more tomtom models coming, the 2x35's.

caryrae 92 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
Just saw these on the U.S. tomtom site

# GO 2535•TM WTE
# GO 2535•M LIVE
# GO 2535 Series
# GO 2435 Series

Looks like the live model includes 1 year of service instead of 3 months. In case you don't know WTE means World Traveler's Edition.

Not sure what's different between the two 2x35 and 2x05 models.

Comments

• dhn 336 Points
    A main difference is this:

Intuitive Voice Recognition

Keep your eyes on the road with intuitive Voice Recognition. With access to voice commands, you can speak you destination address naturally, in one simple step. TomTom Voice Recognition will even recognize many variations of the same command. For example, you can say “Drive to an address”, “Navigate to an address” or “Go to an address”.

A different speech engine than found in the current 2405 and 2505 models.
  • So the Intuitive Voice Recognition is somewhat different because under the 2505 it shows the exact same wording under Intuitive Voice Recognition?
  • dhn 336 Points
    Yes, somewhere else on the US site, when you look at the SERIES link for these models, click on the little 'i' (for information) and it includes more information; namely, the ability to provide addresses as a 'one shot' deal. Example, "Drive to 123 Main Street, Yourtown, Yourstate"

Notice (when I looked anyway) no prices are showing for the models. It may be a premature release of the data.

Has happened before.
  • Yeah the only mention on the internet I see so far is this.

New TomTom Products Honored Among the Best of CES Industry Recognizes the New TomTom GO and Nike+ SportWatch GPS Powered by TomTom.

How the design and innovation of the product compares to other products in the marketplace Building on the excitement of the GO 2505 TM, TomTom will introduce an enhanced model, the GO 2535 TM, that will be widely available in Spring 2011.
  • gatorguy 326 Points
    A source is saying available beginning March 10th FWIW
  • rbirk 0 Points
    Hopefully these ones work better than the 2505 ones, which are not very impressive. Four month later and still no updates..
  • The descriptions refer to HD Traffic here so I guess whatever that will be in the US its coming soon.

The GO 2535•M LIVE description says nothing about lifetime maps but thats what the M should indicate correct?
  • gatorguy 326 Points
    Correct on both counts.
  • I'm holding off on getting a new GPS until the 2535 Live comes out..i'd love to see how it compares to the Nuvi 1695.
  • WiFi support?

http://www.wirelessgoodness.com/2011/02/23/tomtoms-4ct50-4kn50-gps-navigation-systems-hit-the-fcc-with-wireless-data-updates/

GPS navigation system manufacturer TomTom passed two interesting GPS systems through the FCC today. Known as the 4KN50 Pro Model, and the 4CT50 GO Model, these devices appear to sport a pretty standard form factor and design. However, FCC test reports reveal that these devices will offer GSM 850/1900 support, which will allow the 4KN50 and 4CT50 to send and receive data wirelessly wherever a cellular connection is available.

This is a valuable feature that will allow the units to provide real time traffic updates, map updates and location data. Anyone with an iPhone has these features now, but few dedicated consumer GPS devices have this level of connectivity. Both the K4N50 and 4CT50 also offer Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity.

No word on pricing or a release date for either system. We’d also expect that TomTom will require some sort of subscription to GSM updates. We’ll keep you updated as we learn more.
  • gatorguy 326 Points
    Are you sure at least one of these isn't the 2535 Live, which hadn't passed FCC muster yet?
  • No idea I just c&p what the blog had on it. I was just struck by the wifi being built in.
  • mvl 191 Points
    Hopefully these ones work better than the 2505 ones, which are not very impressive. Four month later and still no updates..
    The update should have come out a couple days ago. Do you have it now?
  • mvl 191 Points
    WiFi support?
    I didn't see wifi when going to the FCC, the specs look like a pure LIVE model, probably the GO 2535 LIVE.

I think that c&p didn't know what LIVE services are and now excited over what the 740's been doing for a long time.
  • Those are the model numbers on the bottom in the FCC pictures and one is labeled as a 'Pro' model.

But as MVL said on closer inspection the blog seems to be wrong about wifi.
  • I can't believe they are using GPRS instead of Edge although they fall in line with Garmin on the 1 year included. That I believe is why they are dumping TrafficCast but we'll see soon I guess.
  • gatorguy 326 Points
    I'd guess the contract for GPRS speeds was cheaper. They have fewer than half the Garmin "Live" (nuLink) features so perhaps they decided the extra cost of faster Edge connection wouldn't benefit them all that much.
  • mvl 191 Points
    Tomtom's LIVE services don't include graphical things like Garmin's weather maps, so GPRS should be OK speed. I would have much preferred 3G speeds like you get on the old Tomtom PLUS service (with a 3G phone).

I don't think it was the carrier contract price as much as battery life and/or component costs. GPRS isn't a very efficient use of phone carrier spectrum, so I doubt phone carriers would charge less for it.
  • Let's hope they come out soon..I'm willing to give tomtom a shot.
  • any updates on these new GPS unites?
  • Looks like they are holding the Live model back for some reason.

Still preorder at both Amazon and Crutchfield.
  • mvl 191 Points
    Tomtom never announced the 2535 series, it just showed up on their website and internet retailers for pre-order.

I had guessed they'd announce at CTIA, but that didn't happen.

Otherwise, Tomtom likes to announce things at the start of a quarter, so my next guess would be 4/1.
  • The only model not for sale is the Live version. The 2535TM is for sale at Amazon and Crutchfield.
  • caryrae 92 Points
    amazon dropped the price of the 2535tm to $278 down from $320 for now of course the way amazon's price change.
  • I had just about talked myself into $320 being OK for this...and was actually considering $349 for the Live version...but I'd be much happier if they all came down in price a bit. Seems like a bit of a Garmin / Tomtom price war...might be worth waiting this out for a few weeks to see how it plays out.

- Jon