This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

What is going on with TomTom ?

best4u 0 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
It seems like there is little activity on these boards and I was wondering if it is connected to little activity of TomTom with updates available on their units. Even things like map share have not been working for the longest time and the only updates I have gotten have been traffic camera ones. This is very strange considering I used to get multiple updates almost anytime I signed on such as GPS fix etc., etc.

When is the first 2011 update due to be out as I expected TT to have map updates 4x/year and I have heard nothing.?

Comments

• dhn 336 Points
    The 865 map is due any day now.

Various TT forums are rife with complaints about mapshares not working for their 860 maps.

Also, many who have moved up to the 2x models certainly have been reporting issues.....
  • CynicX 0 Points
    Map updates always include MINIMAL fixes for YOUR area. I wouldnt worry about it. I came into the GPS world expecting every error to be fixed with the next map update. Plenty of money later I've yet to see a fix for my area (or at least the area I drive and notice errors) and switching to Navteq, just different errors in different places.

To do over again I'd be very skeptical of recommending anyone updating their maps versus bearing with it until they finally got a new GPS with lifetime maps....