This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

help re iGO 8 GPS

Albinoni 0 Points
I recently bought a 5" GPS off Ebay that runs the iGO 8 navigation system software. To be honst I quite like it and dont mind the iGo 8 software that runs it, quite easy to use and quite wel detailed as well. But I would like help or advice re the following probs:

1. Ive noticed while driving and when ever I go past or near a traffic light it
does not display those traffic lights on the screen, I also have a Tom
Tom Go 730 and a Navman MY 55T and not sure if thesse also display
traffic lights.

2. I am using NavieXtras Toolbox and when I connect my GPS to my laptop it does not connect, have tried to disconnect and re connect the cable and no

Now under or in naviextra I has an option to choose my device, but I am confused on what to put or use here, as my GPS unit has no brand on it, but it does run iGO 8, so what would I choose for device model.

When I go into Naviextras Toolbox it says no device connected

Comments

• Spyder63 331 Points
    Sounds like you bought a no-name Chinese gps. Check the NNG site and look at the list of supported "brands" and possibly start experimenting with trying to "fool" Naviextras into "thinking" you have one of them. You may also have an unofficial version of iGo 8 on the gps and therefore not supported. If you did not or were not able to register your gps that may be a factor as well in not getting connected with NaviExtras and the chances of getting registered are probably slim.

What do you mean by "does not show traffic lights"? Do you mean red light cameras or speedcams? If your gps does not have the proper speedcam database or subscription it will not work to keep you out of jail. :wink:

There may be other ways around this problem, but discussion of such methods are not allowed on these forums. Good luck.
  • Sounds like you bought a no-name Chinese gps. Check the NNG site and look at the list of supported "brands" and possibly start experimenting with trying to "fool" Naviextras into "thinking" you have one of them. You may also have an unofficial version of iGo 8 on the gps and therefore not supported. If you did not or were not able to register your gps that may be a factor as well in not getting connected with NaviExtras and the chances of getting registered are probably slim.

What do you mean by "does not show traffic lights"? Do you mean red light cameras or speedcams? If your gps does not have the proper speedcam database or subscription it will not work to keep you out of jail. :wink:

There may be other ways around this problem, but discussion of such methods are not allowed on these forums. Good luck.
    Hi to asnwer your reply:

1. Yes it is a no name Chinese GPS but actually not a bad GPS at all.

2. In navieXtras I did choose NNG as my default GPS and not luck, but
    definately did choose NNG.

3. I checked my GPS under About and its says Nav N Go IGO
    Version 8.3.2.83157

4. I did register it in NavieXtras website eg with my name, profile etc

5. Re traffic lights I mean traffic signal lights, it does show the speed cam
    lights, but does not show a symbol of a traffic light, or do GPS's dont
    show it, sorry confused here.

Thanks