This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Tomtom announces release of map 865 on app 10.x devices

mvl 191 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
Tomtom has made an official announcement:
Starting today, TomTom is rolling-out the release of a new map update on MyTomTom enabling customers to benefit from the Latest Map Guarantee (LMG).

All current users* of the TomTom Via and TomTom GO 1000/24/25xx series will benefit from the latest map available for free (version 8.65).

To check if the update is available for your device, please see this FAQ: www.tomtom.com/12566

More features will become available soon.

*All current users of TomTom Via and TomTom GO 1000/24/25xx series are eligible to get the new map - without timing restriction - through MyTomTom
They attached link says that the release is in stages by the first two letters of the serial number, although it will eventually roll out to all devices. The FAQ will be updated as each serial number is rolled out.

Comments

• gatorguy 326 Points
    That'll a step in the right direction and should quiet a few of the disgruntled owners. So that only leaves QuickGPSFix (for non-live models), additional maps, additional voices, backups and MapShare as features still not working yet?
  • mvl 191 Points
    Yes. Tomtom's been adding a missing feature about once every 3-4 weeks.

I think that overall, voices would make more revenue than additional maps, so I'd bet voices are next on the list.

Tomtom's done a pretty good job with the satellite hardware/software on app 10.x. I really haven't noticed the missing quickgpsfix as much.