This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

how to set default zoom level

vactor 0 Points
edited November -1 in Motorola MotoNav
can the default zoom level be set on the TN765? it seems to always revert to the most zoomed in level when i turn it on or when i go fro a menu back to the map. if i zoom out a bit (such as to highway level) it only stays there if i do not do anything. as soon as i go to a menu and then back to the map (or scroll around the map) it goes back to the most zoomed in level. can this be changed?

Comments

• can the default zoom level be set on the TN765? it seems to always revert to the most zoomed in level when i turn it on or when i go fro a menu back to the map. if i zoom out a bit (such as to highway level) it only stays there if i do not do anything. as soon as i go to a menu and then back to the map (or scroll around the map) it goes back to the most zoomed in level. can this be changed?
    There's two things you can do:

first, click on the eye and make sure you're in 3-d settings. Then look in the lower right corner and turn off "Auto Zoom". (while you're in there, you can use the up and down arrows to adjust the 3-D view angle. We've all done this to get more "sky" on the horizon (change the viewpoint to closer to the ground in 3-D) once we added the sky mod (see other thread on skins).

Next, you can adjust the startup zoom default in the SYS file under MotoNav when you hook up your unit to a PC. Not sure which line of code, but if you open SYS in Notepad, the text is readily discernible. Be sure to save a backup first on your hard drive, and then save the modded SYS file back to your Motonav folder on the GPS.

Welcome to the forum! For some fun and a new look, (as well as awesome functionality) check out the skins thread. It has just about any style/mod you could want. Lots pf talented and knowledgeable folks collaborated to come up with some pretty slick mods! Enjoy! And again, Welcome to the forum!
  • vactor 0 Points
    can i do the same for the 2D zoom settings? i do not like #d, as i just want to use the GPS as a scrolling map ... thanks for the welcome, i like the support from members and users available, similar to HTC phones ;)
  • yes you can, on both counts. Turn off "Autozoom" and modify SYS. you will see each section labeled in SYS.txt for 3-D and 2-D. :)

BTW - be sure to keep the Nav covered if it rains. It's not designed like a Zumo. Not water proof or even water resistant. Though there are aftermarket plastic boxes you can buy to help with that.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    While my Garmins are waterproof/water-resistant I still always carry a TSA approved 1 quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag. :)

EDIT: I would be curious as to how vactor is going to mount the TN765??