This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Spyder63 skin installation help?...

DAHNIC561 0 Points
edited November -1 in Motorola MotoNav
I really like this version of the skin....nice and clean....

"RR v6.1 Download here: http://bit.ly/fHpdCJ (Posted JAN 21,2011)"

But, can somebody tell me how exactly to get it installed in my Motonav TN765t...
Also please excuse my ignorance but i'm usually real tech savvy....

I followed these instructions but it did not work?....

How to install:

The downloaded file needs to be renamed DATA.zip. Copy this file to your TN765t and place it in the Motonav folder. Do not unzip the file. Copy it as is. When you disconnect the gps from your PC it will restart and the changes will be seen. To take your gps back to previous state just remove/delete DATA.zip file from the gps and it will operate normally.

Always do a complete backup before making any modifications to your TN765t to be safe.

Humbly,

Dahnic561

Comments

• If you downloaded the zip file, and renamed it to DATA (not DATA.zip, because if your extensions are hidden it will actually be named Data.zip.zip!) then all you need to be sure of is that you place it in the folder on your device named "motonav". You will see this folder when you connect to your PC and click on the "Removable Disk" in My Computer.

That should do it! Good luck!
  • ok, thanx for the clarification ill give it another shot...also i have not yet updated the motonav is that a contributing factor or not?....

p.s.
    I use a mac so extensions are visible...but i do have XP Pro running on it also...

Dahnic561
  • Spyder63 231 Points
    I hope TL's suggestions was the answer you needed.

@TL - I changed the Sticky to reflect your information regarding the file renaming.

How to install:

The downloaded file needs to be renamed DATA.zip. If your PC is set to hide file extensions there is the possibility that you only need to change the file name to "DATA" as the .zip extension will be assumed. You do not want to end up with the file being named "DATA.zip.zip". If you want to always see file extensions in Windows (recommended by many) In Windows, open up Windows Explorer. Right-click on the Start button. Then, left-click on Explore. Click on Tools -> Folder Options -> View. Then, uncheck “Hide extensions for known file types.”

After you are certain you have the file renamed correctly copy this file to your TN765t and place it in the Motonav folder on the TN765t. Do not unzip the file. Copy it as is. When you disconnect the gps from your PC it will restart and the changes will be seen. To take your gps back to previous state just remove/delete DATA.zip file from the gps and it will operate normally.

Always do a complete backup before making any modifications to your TN765t to be safe.
  • Awesome!!! I got it to work and skin looks great...nice and clean...

My issue was since i run both Mac o/s and Windows XP pro simultaneously on my Mac I was forgetting to allow the usb to connect via Windows instead of Mac o/s...So I was actually dropping in the file incorrectly and device was not reading it correctly...So Mac users for future reference make sure your virtual machine is running and your device is connecting on the windows side....

Thanx to you both you guys...This site ROCKS....

Dahnic561...
  • Excellent! Glad you got it working. Yeah, we've all been having fun with one skin or another here lately. Lots of good, healthy activity!

Enjoy!
  • How can i add a day and night sky to the skin?...is that possible?...
  • Spyder63 231 Points
    Take a look at blueTOOTH's skin

blueTOOTH VERSION 1D Download Latest Version: DATA_bt_1d at: http://bit.ly/hp1yxc

For this revision the install process is different. The file you download is a compressed file in .rar format (aka zipped) and contains other content that needs to be copied to the Motonav PND. First thing you must do is "unzip" the above file to reveal the other included files/folders. The included folders and files in the .rar are:
    Content - which contains the folder SCHEME which contains two files:
    - Vibrant_Moto.zip and Vibrant-night_Moto.zip

From that entire download all you need are the two files that go into the SCHEME folder on the Moto. -

There is more info in the original sticky post so best to read the whole thing. If you do it all you will get a different skin than you just installed, but no need to do it all to get the new "sky" files.
  • mahammel 41 Points
    well you know what?

i think all youse guys are geniuseseses. that's what i think.

My (thunk) Camel
  • Is it possible to get the data_bt_1d.zip or the newer version? and the Vibrant_Moto.zip & Vibrant-night_Moto.zip files for download? it seems that all the links to these are dead?
    I would just like to give this GPS a new sky since it seems it will never see any new maps..? anyone found a way to update the maps?
  • Spyder63 231 Points
    Give it a day or two to see if Bluetooth pops in here. He was the "developer" of that particular skin. His files were sometimes hosted on a Google Docs site and indeed that one is not there anymore. Maybe it is because of all the changes Google has been making. Perhaps he can reinstate it. We haven't heard from him in a couple months though.

With regard to newer maps - it is possible to get newer maps, just not legally at this point in time AFAIK. Can't discuss it any further on this forum.
  • Spyder63 231 Points
    Update: Bluetooth has gone into retirement and has removed all his skin files from the web site posted in other threads.

Thunderlizard's skins may still be available.