This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Verbal instructions incorrect on XL 335TM

Islander 0 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
After several times believing that I misheard turn instructions on this TomTom, this one time I distinctly heard Turn-Right when the on screen arrow was correctly pointing to the left.

I thought I had heard these errors several times before the latest map updates, but this verbal error seems to be occurring more often after the updates. As far as I know, the verbal errors I am getting are for turns only. And to make it more complicated, with testing I have discovered the errosr do not always repeat at the same turn.

Anybody else have this issue? Anybody worked out solution?

Comments

• dhn 336 Points
    This kind of glitch has been reported before on various models. It's a result of bad mapping data misinterpreted by the voice engine and I know no solution for it.

Rely on the turn arrow. You actually see it well in advance of the turn you need to make so you are prepared (or should be) to turn in that direction.