This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Maps wont download onto my XL340TM

fuzzy1 0 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
Newby here, with a ? that has probably been asked several times, but I have not been able to Update Maps. I have tried twice and both times I got a ERROR MESSAGE "The connection to the Tomtom server timed out." :oops: Any help would be helpful. This is what happens when a Barefoot Boy from Arkansas tries to outsmart new equipment. Thanks

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    Did the download start and then at some point later the error came up? If so, the TomTom servers can be flakey like that sometimes. I'd wait a few hours and try again.
  • fuzzy1 0 Points
    ThanksTim, that is how it happened both times, the last time it said there was 18 + minutes left to finish the download. I am on high speed cable. i will continue trying.
  • mvl 191 Points
    It should continue the download from where it left off. Just repeat the attempt over and over and it should eventually finish the download.
  • dhn 336 Points
    I agree. On Monday, I was downloading the 865 map to my 720 when the time-out error occured.

Just repeated the process and it picked up where it initially stalled out. Unusual on a NON-wireless connection but TT's servers are past their 'best by' date I think ......... :wink:
  • fuzzy1 0 Points
    Thanks to all, finally got it all downloaded, third time was the charm. :D