This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Calling Spyder63

alfajerry 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
Hi Spyder, saw this on an old post of yours and wondered how you did it?
I have a 2150 Max.
Thanks if you can help.
Jerry

Also, Nearby POI search only searches out 6.2 miles, but that can be modified. I have adjusted my 7200 to search out to about 30 miles and when I see POIs "On my Route" I am seeing out 26 miles on the current 200 mile route I have running. From what I am seeing it is accurately showing me restaurants, banks, and rest areas that I would pass by. (I changed my DA settings for this little test)

Comments

• Spyder63 331 Points
    You made an old, tired brain search for this one - but no idea if it works with your model Navigon. I don't use my 7200s much any more.

Fix to extend POI search mileage/area when using Nearby Search:

In file "ApplicationSetting.xml" :

Default value is currently 10000 meters, which equals 6.2 miles.
    Replace this value with 50000, which extends the search limit out to approximately 31 miles. (The figure is in meters so convert meters to miles to determine a range that works for you. 20000=12 miles, etc. 1 Meter = 0.000621371192237334 Miles )
    Possibly you can put more than that, but it seems the system will become slower.
    All you need to do is to find text "NearbySearch", in the file ApplicationSettings.xml and the rest as follows:

<NearbySearch>
    <EU>
    <Radius>50000</Radius>
    <SearchMaxCount>100000</SearchMaxCount>
    </EU>
    <US>
    <Radius>50000</Radius>
    <SearchMaxCount>100000</SearchMaxCount>
    </US>
    </NearbySearch>
    =============================================

AutoDim feature switching too late or too early, there is a delay in ApplicationSetting.xml.

<DayNightSwitching>

<SunRiseDelay>0</SunRiseDelay>
    <SunSetDelay>3600</SunSetDelay>
    </DayNightSwitching>

Current delay is 3600 (seconds?) which is an hour. Enter 0, and see how it goes.
  • Thanks Spyder, much appreciated, I'll give it a go when I get a chance.
    All the best,
    Jerry