This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

motonav tn765t bluetooth optimize failed

rabit1 0 Points
edited November -1 in Motorola MotoNav
I am new here and surely do appreciate your site. I just got a motonav tn765t gps and it will not connect with my motorola w755 phone. I go through the discover mode, seek and connect but, when I try to optimize the connection, it keeps failing. any ideas?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• blueTOOTH 0 Points
    Try to do hard reset...button on bottom (push with paperclip...this should reset to factory settings) and try again. The process does take some time (make sure to have phone close by unit when in process)...let us know how it goes.
  • rabit1 0 Points
    Worked out fine, thanks for the quick response and help.
    Thanks again
  • MaverickX 0 Points
    After Several resets, and restore, the bluetooth on this device is in a constant spin on the "ON" button. I updated with the BT file available, The device picked up both of my BB 8520 (AT&T) however, after you switch from one to the other or stop using that specific phone, it did not showup on the search. None of the 6 bluetooth devices picks it up, and all 6 can be synched together, just the GPS is not getting picked up.
    Any ideas?
    (I have only had this device for 3 days, I am very disappointed. Motorola does not have good customer service, and having this, I may have to send it back.
    PLease HELP
  • blueTOOTH 0 Points
    @MaverickX

One of the quirks of the Moto is that it likes the origional sync set up and needs a new bluetooth profile when info is lost . That is that if your phone has been connected (then you've done a hard reset on the moto) You need to delete the moto's profile on your phone and start fresh. (on my phone, turn off bluetooth, delete moto 700 profile, start bluetooth and go through sync proceedure like the first time) Otherwise all you will get is no discoverable message.

Customer support that's actually a really funny name for what they provide :lol:
  • MaverickX 0 Points
    Yeah welll, the 765 never came out of the mode it was in, never got to become discoveralbe, the little balls, spinning there, MOTONAV recommended me take it back for exchange.