This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

TomTom one 130 won't turn on

abbc 0 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
Hey, i don't use this gps a whole lot and have limited knowledge on them but i used it about a month ago and it worked fine but last week it wouldn't turn on. Plugged it in for 2-3 hours in the truck and charge light lighted up but display wouldn't turn on. Plugged it in the computer and the display lighted up but as soon as it was unplugged it turned off. The owners manual said to hold the power button for 15 seconds to reset it but it didn't do anything. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Comments

• dhn 336 Points
    The light coming on signifies power is getting to the unit, whether you use the car charger or the usb cord. That's why the green light goes out when you disconnect........

But, if you've reset the unit and it still does nothing, that's not good. By 'not turning on', do you mean absolutely nothing happens or that it won't boot up properly?
  • abbc 0 Points
    Nothing happens at all, but like i said when its plugged into the computer it will turn on and the screen just shows a computer.
  • dhn 336 Points
    Well, a bit of hope.....

Connect to the computer. Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of the unit's contents. If not sure how, see here:

http://www.tomtomforums.com/general-tomtom-discussion/17864-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer.html

Then delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents. That means JUST the files that are not in any folders on the unit.

Then connect to Home. It should offer an application. Install it and disconnect PROPERLY from Home using the device disconnect icon.

Start the unit. Any better?
  • abbc 0 Points
    what do you mean connect to home?
  • abbc 0 Points
    what do you mean connect to home?
    Never mind i downloaded it and it works now thanks so much