This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Help -- TOMTOM HOME?

duckhunter00 0 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
I have a Tomtom via 1535TM now. Looking at the Tomtom website, was wondering does the TomTom Home something i should look at downloading and what is it for, adn will it work for the via series- doesnt say for via, dont see where it explains it too well.

Comments

• dhn 336 Points
    That model **requires** MyTomTom, the web based interface. Get it here: tomtom.com/getstarted.
  • I get that and did that to get it going. just was wondering if HOME is something extra or not even for my device. Is it something to enhance it or what does it do
  • dhn 336 Points
    MyTomTom is needed if you ever wish to update maps, download application updates, mapshare corrections, etc.
  • Again i see that, but MY QUESTION IS-- What is TOMTOM HOME?
  • dhn 336 Points
    TomTom Home is the pc based application for non 1X, 2X or Via models needed for the same functionality: application updates; map updates; mapshare updates; quickgpsfix files. plus other uses as adding poi files, custom voices, etc.

So:

MyTomTom needed for 1X, 2X, Via models.
    TomTom Home (also referred to as Home 2) required for non 1X, 2X or Via models.