This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Vehicle

cheyenne 0 Points
edited November -1 in Motorola MotoNav
Ok guys. I know there is an answer but I'll be dog gone if I can find it. I see all your fancy cars on some of the skins made here by Bluetooth and so forth. Where can I get one? Getting tired of looking at the triangle thingy that shows up on my screen..Any help, would be greatly appriciated.
Thank you in advance.

Comments

• blueTOOTH 0 Points
    Start reading pg 8 of skin thread. Or, if you don't mind a silver Jetta TDI :D

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5zpi5jfqWIyOWFhOTMyNjUtMmJmMy00ZTdlLWIzMWEtMWI3YzY2YTY5ZDk2&sort=name&layout=list&num=50

Just copy to pna motonav/content/car
  • cheyenne 0 Points
    Thank you very much. I guess I would have got there someday as I was going backwards from page 21 and was reading page 16 when I got your answer. Sorry to bother you for something that was already posted. However I do thank you for responding. Love my 765, I just disliked that little trangle thingy. Jeta is cool. Kinda looks like my Fiesta :D
  • cheyenne 0 Points
    Bluetooth. What am I doing wrong here. I followed the instructions and downloaded the 3D cars, loaded them in the ZIP file and changed the ini file but all I get is the trangle. Your file file works great and the Jetta is cool, but My little Fiesta is blue and so I was tring to load up a blue car, but no joy. There has to be something I am doing with the ini file, or it is not saving right.
    Thanks
  • blueTOOTH 0 Points
    Hard to say what you are doing. :roll:

If you are copying the format of My car....the car will only appear when you have a gps lock (triangle shows when searching for sats)
  • dhl 0 Points
    ARROW CHANGED TO 3D CARS!!! Yeah!!!

I found a location with a few MDL files. I tried them and they work! I am using a Nissan GTR.

1. http://www.igo8mods.com/dimka_download.htm#cars
    Download 3D Cars 1.3

2. Extract the files you want from the folder 3DCars.

3. Add the MDL & TEX files of the model that you want into the zip on the GPS folder Motonav/Content/Car/Moto_Car.zip. **Note** Do not remove or replace the motocar.mdl/tex/spr files. Just add the new car files to Moto_Car.zip.

4. Update the info.ini file in the Moto_Car.zip where it says "motocar.mdl" with the name of the .mdl that you are using.

DHL

You can scourer the following forums for more cars!
    http://avic411.com/index.php?/forum/54-completed-modsthemes/
  • cheyenne 0 Points
    I give up, well almost. I have copied the format for the Jetta exactly, I have inserted the SWBlue.mdl and SWBlue.tex to Motonav content car MOTO_Car.zip and yet when I get a lock, I get a that stupid triangle. Yet when I copy the Jetta over, it looks like the Jetta once I get a lock. Is there anything that the newest skin can do to prevent it from working? Hey I'm grasping at straws here.

Thanks for all the help
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Here's a question for dhl or BT - does the 3D car chosen always show no matter which display scheme, i.e., Map Color, used? What about day/ night?
  • blueTOOTH 0 Points
    The 3d car will show (it's not dependant upon map settings). However, you can set it up for different cars (emergency, truck, pedestrian, vehicle). The best way will be add car changer to skin (in future) and set up 20 or 30 cars for people to choose from.
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    I give up, well almost. I have copied the format for the Jetta exactly, I have inserted the SWBlue.mdl and SWBlue.tex to Motonav content car MOTO_Car.zip and yet when I get a lock, I get a that stupid triangle. Yet when I copy the Jetta over, it looks like the Jetta once I get a lock. Is there anything that the newest skin can do to prevent it from working? Hey I'm grasping at straws here.

Thanks for all the help
    Does your info file look like this?

[moto_car]
    name="Motorola Car"

display_scale=130
    map_scale=120

2d_day="moto_car_top.spr"
    2d_day_ghost="moto_car_top_gray.spr"
    2d_night="moto_car_top.spr"
    2d_night_ghost="moto_car_top_gray.spr"

3d_day="SWBlue.mdl"
    3d_day_ghost="SWBlue.mdl"
    3d_night_ghost="SWBlue.mdl"
    3d_night="SWBlue.mdl"

If so and you still get the triangle try a hard reset. Note:( you will lose your recent destinations, but this should let you see the blue car instead of the triangle.

Also your display_scale=130 and map_scale=120 may be different, these numbers move the position of the vehicle on the map and can make the vehicle larger or smaller.

Ramrod 8)
  • cheyenne 0 Points
    Well this is what I tried after seeing your example
    [moto_car]
    name="Motorola Car"

display_scale=130
    map_scale=120

2d_day="moto_car_top.spr"
    2d_day_ghost="moto_car_top_gray.spr"
    2d_night="moto_car_top.spr"
    2d_night_ghost="moto_car_top_gray.spr"

3d_day="SWBlue.mdl"
    3d_night="SWBlue.mdl"
    3d_day_ghost="SWBlue.mdl"
    3d_night_ghost="SWBlue.mdl"

Before then I just had the "3d_day= and 3d_night listed, just like the Jetta Ini. I tried the reset with the little reset button, it still comes up with that stupid triangle. However, all I have to do is xopy the Jetta file over and I get the silver Jetta
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    I don't know what the problem is. If you have the SWBlue.mdl and SWBlue.tex file in the Motonav / content / car / MOTO_Car.zip and the info,ini is set up as shown earlier, it should be working unless the files are bad or the save folder may be causing a conflict. I have all of the cars loaded in my folder and I am currently using the hummer.mdl. I move the info folder to the desktop, type in what .mdl I want to use Example "Hummer.mdl" save the changes and copy the file back to the MOTO_CAR.zip and select copy and replace existing info.ini. I can change to other cars without a problem. :?
  • cheyenne 0 Points
    Thank you for responding. Could it be that I am using winzip7 and you are using a differnet progarm to save? Just throwing things on the table. It's funny because the MOTO_Car zip file with the SWSilver.mdl (Jetta) works every time
  • RAMRODSR 41 Points
    I use 7-zip to unzip my files.

This is the process I use when making changes to a Data.zip or other folders or files on the GPS.

I drag and drop what I am going to modify to my desktop. I make the changes to the file and save the changes then I drag and drop the file back to the appropriate place of the Data.zip or folder of the (GPS,PND,PNA) Whatever you call your device, that is connected to the computer via usb port. I choose to safely remove hardware and eject media. Then my GPS restarts and the changes are there. New Data.zip, cars, poi's, etc................

Ramrod
  • cheyenne 0 Points
    Thank you for your help. When I get home tonight, I will download 7-zip and follow the instructions you gave me. Reading the Doc file on 7-zip it does compression better then winzip in fact a few other things also. I am thinking that the whole problem is in the way winzip reads and compresses that maybe the nav unit doesn't reconize. I say that because I tried just erasing the SWSilver and putting in the SWBlue name (with both MDL and Tx files in the zip file )and it did not work. I then wrote SWSilver.mdl just like you had it and it still did not work. However when I just copy the whole file you sent into the dir, the Jetta car came up. I really don't know why I really worried so much about this because the Jetta is fine. It has something to do with my OCD and wanting to know why things don't work.. :roll:
    Thanks again, I'll let you know toninght
  • cheyenne 0 Points
    Well That didn't do anything. But I did notice something else. When I use your ZIP file with the Jetta, everything works fine and I can switch between 3D and 2D with no issue (Couse in 2D I do get the Triangle) But when I put my Zip file in with say SWBlue, When I go to switch to 2D, it lock up the unit and it resets and reboots. I thought that was kinda strange. Could it be that althoiugh my unit is new, that I have a different operating system or something. I have downloaded and installed the latest Bios, and updates.
    Thanks again. It's strange that the Jetta works so well though.
  • blueTOOTH 0 Points
    If you can post your moto car zip file...maybe we can figure out where it went wrong. Create a google acct. and use google docs.
  • cheyenne 0 Points
    Great Idea, I'll have to do that tonight when I get home. I'm at work now and I left the computer home. I have a google account so it will be easy.
    Thank you !
  • cheyenne 0 Points
    Ok, here is the link to the file that doesn't work on my 765T

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B63hvfsn_ojpMGY0MjVjNTktYjRjMy00OWNkLWFlZmMtMDQzMGFjZTc4ZDhh&hl=en_US

Thank you for helping me out
  • blueTOOTH 0 Points
    cheyenne,
    You had the files right...but, maybe you don't understand the process.

Here is swblue car:
    https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5zpi5jfqWIyZGJhOWFhNzQtNjM1Ni00NzI1LTlhNmUtOTI1N2FhZTRjZDFm&hl=en_US

The moto_car.zip (origional) has a specific configuration that will allow it to work. You cannot recreate this. You can only work with the origional and add/delete from it. (so, if you just take the files and create a .zip...won't work.)

Process to make new car:
    Extract the info.ini from the moto_car.zip file (keep the origional, and always extra backup :D )
    modify the .ini in the extract directory (rename the .mdl files for your new car)
    Add new mdl/tex file to extract directory
    select the 3 files and (if using winzip) right click, add to archive, browse to moto_car.zip, add and replace. This will replace the info.ini and add your new car mdl/tex files to the origional moto_car.zip....and should work. As, Ramrodsr posted you can have multiple mdl/tex in the .zip and then to change your car...just modify the info.ini.
  • cheyenne 0 Points
    BlueTooth.
    Thank you for your help and you are exactly correct. I did not do it the way you explained, but now thanks to you, I know the format and I am able to change cars at will. Thank you for the blue car file.
    Have a great week