This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Got a TN565T for $69.99 at Sears!

lastdeadmouse 30 Points
edited November -1 in Motorola MotoNav
So I finally decide to get myself a TN765T after searching for a month for the 565 at a better price, unsuccessfully. After reading a lot, I was thinking maybe I could possibly get primo to run after waiting for no updates til 2013. I told myself, "***, I'll just go to Sears," despite the tn765t price going back up to 149. I walk in, look at the GPSs, and, low and behold, a cardboard tn565t with $89 underneath (not even on the website). I ask the guy to go look for one, and, after checking in the back, he couldn't find one. I tell him to give me the 765, so he opens the cage, picks one up, and underneath it was hiding a tn565t! Better yet, at the register, it rang up for $69.99!!!
I went from the uneasiness of buying a pnd that I know is out of date, to the high of getting one of the best pnds I've ever used for $70! A steal!

Comments

• Spyder63 231 Points
    Up against the wall, Bubba!! You're under arrest!! :wink: :lol:

Seriously, good deal and welcome aboard. And contrary to popular belief that light at the end of the tunnel is not the headlight of an oncoming train any more as far as the Motonavs' are concerned. :wink: :wink:
  • Even if it is, with primo now working, I have an escape route! I've got some late 2010 TA maps working, but without bt dun working, I miss motonav's google local search too much not to use it.
  • Spyder63 231 Points
    Was just poking around and see that WalMart is offering the TN765 (non-TMC) model for $97.00 online.

Amazon has the TN765T for $119 and currently there is a "Black Friday" promotion going on now that saves $10 off that price with minor conditions:

Amazon is now offering $10 off $100 Electronics and Toys Purchases along with a future coupon good for $10 off $50 Electronics and Toys, when you checkout using coupon code 8C65VF3Y and pay with a MasterCard.

Note that the discounts show up and promotional code entry are both on the final page of the checkout process (even after you enter your credit-card information).
  • this is probably a very ..... question. (don't say it Arac).

has ANYone heard ANYthing about ANY map updates from ANYone?

jus' askin'

My (dumb) Camel
  • Spyder63 231 Points
    Moondog and I were just discussing that at the motosupport forum. The concensus is unfortunately no action that we know of.
  • yeah. i sort of guessed. i was talking with moon river and andy said nothing good about anyone about the same time.

thanks Arac.

if i thought we'd get some new maps, i'd buy one or more as backups or for one or more of the kids. aw, well.

My (sad) CAmel